• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
The Mustang II was produced for 5 years, and sold over 1m units. It ran its course as a production model as an answer to skyrocketing oil prices, pouting had nothing to do with it.
It was a redressed Pinto. In October 1977, I, almost, purchased a new 1978 stripped down (no a/c; 4 cylinder 4-speed) Mustang II 2 door hardtop (not fast back) for $3850. But I changed my mind, when on the same lot was 1977 fully loaded Pinto Coupe with the Rallye package for $3600. I bought the Pinto and never looked back.
Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
It was a redressed Pinto. In October 1977, I, almost, purchased a new 1978 stripped down (no a/c; 4 cylinder 4-speed) Mustang II 2 door hardtop (not fast back) for $3850. But I changed my mind, when on the same lot was 1977 fully loaded Pinto Coupe with the Rallye package for $3600. I bought the Pinto and never looked back.

Until recently, Mustangs have always been "redressed" versions of other higher volume Ford chassis. The original Mustang was a "redressed" Falcon, and the original Fox body Mustangs were "redressed" Fairmonts. You are right that you would pay a premium for the unique styling, but I think most of us would argue that it was worth it.

I am not saying the Mustang II was a great car, but it was a car that filled a certain niche for its time.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
"Niche" is right.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I think I found where the Ford designers copied a previous dashboard design for the S650…. Looks pretty damn close…. LOL. 😆

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1664952841518

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1664952873230

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1664952916962

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
I have ZERO issues with digital dash and displays. I think they are generally better and more functional and customizable than analog gauges.

HOWEVER............ The fad of tacking a tablet onto a dash and calling it a day is FUBAR.... I refuse to buy a car with one of those, and have scratched several off my and the wifes list. She'd be in a Model Y and I'd be in a Model 3 if Tesla had a traditional dash. Would still have the Mustang and my Truck, but the EV would be our daily.

But back to dash's, how PATHETIC that Ford dumped their ICONIC twin hooded dash for fablets tacked on over vents that look like they came from a Corolla.

If a manufacturer cant take the time to integrate a digital dash, they've lost my business....... Penny Pinchers rule, and this approach probably takes seconds to assemble, where integrated units could take hours depending on how they are buried. IMO, Porsche has one of the best Dash layouts these days and is all digital. This is from the Panamera. Yeah yeah, it's a Porsche, but pic is for presentation and layout, not quality and content.
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO pcgb20_1045_fine

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I think it looks cool but they will fix it in the refresh to get more sales.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
But back to dash's, how PATHETIC that Ford dumped their ICONIC twin hooded dash for fablets tacked on over vents that look like they came from a Corolla.
Thank you, I completely agree.

IMO, Porsche has one of the best Dash layouts these days and is all digital.
Again, I completely agree. Porsche designers are meticulous masters in going digital without losing their iconic design heritage. Ford UTTERLY failed here and completely ruined one of the key design elements that make a Mustang a Mustang and not a Kia.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Thank you, I completely agree.

Again, I completely agree. Porsche designers are meticulous masters in going digital without losing their iconic design heritage. Ford UTTERLY failed here and completely ruined one of the key design elements that make a Mustang a Mustang and not a Kia.
Get another hobby dude.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Well, I don't get to see any $$, so that's of no interest to me. What is of interest to me is keeping this place friendly :like:
Opinions are fine and welcome when it's one and done. Vehemently spewing hatred isn't cool though, even for a forum. It becomes a drag and a turn off to be frank. You don't see me heading over the M6G starting a thread (or jumping in unrelated threads) about how atrocious I think the '18 refresh looks or how the 15-17 S550 looks more like a Ford Fusion than a Mustang.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Opinions are fine and welcome when it's one and done. Vehemently spewing hatred isn't cool though, even for a forum. It becomes a drag and a turn off to be frank. You don't see me heading over the M6G starting a thread (or jumping in unrelated threads) about how atrocious I think the '18 refresh looks or how the 15-17 S550 looks more like a Ford Fusion than a Mustang.
It’s an unfortunate constant of any car forum I’ve ever been on. Like a Commandment, thou shalt have at least five toxic trolls stemming from ownership of thine vehicle’s predecessor at any given time.

On that same note, forum post counts would be cut in half if this shit didn’t exist lol.
Sponsored