• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
we still have time for them to fix their mistakes.... still have the 23 model to go thru first...
plenty of time....

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Unlikely. This will be their path going forward, just like several other automakers. Maybe they will give us a boss spec with GT350-esque gauges. FWIW, I don't care for the new dash, or even the digital dash on the current GTs, but also trying to be realistic.

we still have time for them to fix their mistakes.... still have the 23 model to go thru first...
plenty of time....
Excellent point Brian. After hearing all of the negative comments I’m willing to bet someone at Ford has gotten his/her crayons out.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
Excellent point Brian. After hearing all of the negative comments I’m willing to bet someone at Ford has gotten his/her crayons out.
Probably a former Marine............. They eat them............. ;-)

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I really don't understand this discussion about " integrated dash". I mean most of you don't like the 2 large screens in general, so even if those 2 "loose" screens were integrated, you'd still have a totaly different interieur/cockpit compared to the S550, so what is the point?

Here is what Mercedes did back then with the previous S Class. When it was introduced 10 years ago, everyone really liked it, but now it just looks outdated. That is why it also have now open dash/screens on the current model. So will all manufacturers. Get over it!

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO mercedes old

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO mercedes new.JPG

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
That is why it also have now open dash/screens on the current model. So will all manufacturers.
I agree. This is the "look" that designers are now going for. I suspect that Tesla adopted this look to really drive home the point that they were something new and different and to strongly emphasize that they were "technology" driven. Now everyone is copying that same look so they can announce to the world "see we have technology in our cars too!".

Once everyone is on par technologywise, then then this style will become dated and cheap looking and some new trend will emerge. I predict that exaggerated "tablet" style dash panels will ultimately go the way of tail fins and giant chrome bumpers, but we will need to go through the process first.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I am pretty sure Ford doesn't care about the early adopters, because we all have Mustangs, we will keep driving them and hence always have this connection.

What they want is to reach new audiences and demographics and they apparently want to have these 2 dashboards as they are. I am pretty sure in 10 years time we will look back and say " Gosh that looks so ugly" as previous models and decades were.

Let us give it a chance by experiencing them in person and who know, maybe the FL model will have more neatly integrated dashboards.
Sponsored