• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Twisted orange is a rare, but fantastic bird. Top 3 GT350 colors.

Since the S650 reveal, the exterior has grown on me and the interior has…well done the opposite. I will check it out once they start hitting lots but so far I’m thinkibg my game will be to wait 2 model years and see if the interior dash gets a change. It just doesnt look like a mustang in video/pics inside. I will be looking at the used 350 market next year also and hoping enough current 350 owners want the new dark horse to trade so i can finally get the twisted orange 350….its out there somewhere.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I have ZERO issues with digital dash and displays. I think they are generally better and more functional and customizable than analog gauges.

HOWEVER............ The fad of tacking a tablet onto a dash and calling it a day is FUBAR.... I refuse to buy a car with one of those, and have scratched several off my and the wifes list. She'd be in a Model Y and I'd be in a Model 3 if Tesla had a traditional dash. Would still have the Mustang and my Truck, but the EV would be our daily.

But back to dash's, how PATHETIC that Ford dumped their ICONIC twin hooded dash for fablets tacked on over vents that look like they came from a Corolla.

If a manufacturer cant take the time to integrate a digital dash, they've lost my business....... Penny Pinchers rule, and this approach probably takes seconds to assemble, where integrated units could take hours depending on how they are buried. IMO, Porsche has one of the best Dash layouts these days and is all digital. This is from the Panamera. Yeah yeah, it's a Porsche, but pic is for presentation and layout, not quality and content.
pcgb20_1045_fine.jpg
or like the Mercedes E dash

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 2023 Merceded E interior

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Here's the new dashboard set up for the 2023 Ford Escape. I could accept this..... maybe?

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 20221028_174131

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Not a fan of the new dash. Seems like an amalgamation of bad ideas.

For one thing, Mustangs USUALLY tried to replicate WWII fighter plane cockpits (P-51 Mustang)
with toggle switches and round dials/ gauges. I think they could have updated better but still have kept the "cockpit" design theme. If the aftermarket is smart, they'll pick up on this idea.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

For one thing, Mustangs USUALLY tried to replicate WWII fighter plane cockpits (P-51 Mustang)
with toggle switches and round dials/ gauges. I think they could have updated better but still have kept the "cockpit" design theme. If the aftermarket is smart, they'll pick up on this idea.
Apparently they've switched to trying to replicate modern fighters

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1667000706869

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

Honestly just some bright trim to create contrast would go a long way. It looks a little flat in person.

Like the central HVAC pod surround, or the tray of capacitive switches below it. A real matte alloy of some type.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Either the car industry only has one interior designer overall, or they all are must be very creative
mr-bean-copy.gif

1663325758833.png

1663325471501.png

1663325582205.png

1663325621635.png

1663325545826.png
all the same... all the f***g same... I literally hate the new dash. And yes, I saw it in person. Hate it!

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
all the same... all the f***g same... I literally hate the new dash. And yes, I saw it in person. Hate it!
What’s truly disappointing on the Ford one is that it’s not the same, it is worse. All the other ones have additional buttons for AC and the like that make the whole thing actually functionally usable while driving.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
According to the latest Samsung report, the average life of OLED pane
This is honestly one of the worst things. So unimaginative and reductionist.
LG is making the double stack OLED panels for Mercedes which have 4 times the brightness and a 10-year lifespan as the current single stack OLEDs (which is on the S650) which have a 3–4-year lifespan with a recurring burn-in problem. But Ford already has future plans to upgrade to the new panel when it is becomes more affordable. Even Apple plans to upgrade its tablets to the new panel.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
What’s truly disappointing on the Ford one is that it’s not the same, it is worse. All the other ones have additional buttons for AC and the like that make the whole thing actually functionally usable while driving.
Ford is not the only one eliminating physical buttons. My 2018 Volvo has all touch screen for climate control and most other functions. There are a few physical dashboard buttons for the radio volume and to pause/skip tracks, but I almost never use them since I tend to use the steering wheel buttons for volume and to change station.

It's a cost thing, touchscreens controls are much, much cheaper than physical buttons and all the associated physical wiring they entail. My guess is that now that the R&D required to integrate touchscreens is paid off, you will see more and more lower end cars with all touchscreen controls and higher end luxury cars will begin including physical buttons as a premium feature.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Ford needs to fire people for this egregious mistake. In my orbit of friends, family and co-workers, the VAST majority do not like the dash. Two of them own Mustangs. Small sampling, yes, but a small sampling of a much, much larger one?.... Maybe. I know, Ford doesn't care, I get it; however, they should, and rethink this whole dash and change it a couple years down the road ... IMO.
Sponsored