• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
I am pretty sure in 10 years time we will look back and say " Gosh that looks so ugly"
I don't need 10 years to come to that conclusion, I think it already looks hideous right away.

Whereas when I look back 10 years to when the S550 was introduced I liked the dash from the first second and it still looks as good today as it did 10 years ago. Same goes for the S197 facelift dash, the S197 original dash and even the SN95 dash. All those cars breathe Mustang when you step inside.

When you step into an S650 it breathes Kia, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Opel, Toyota, Mercedes, BMW and Chevy.
Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I am pretty sure Ford doesn't care about the early adopters, because we all have Mustangs, we will keep driving them and hence always have this connection.

What they want is to reach new audiences and demographics and they apparently want to have these 2 dashboards as they are. I am pretty sure in 10 years time we will look back and say " Gosh that looks so ugly" as previous models and decades were.

Let us give it a chance by experiencing them in person and who know, maybe the FL model will have more neatly integrated dashboards.
I tend to agree that they know that dedicated Mustang fans will likely keep buying into the franchise, but they have to be careful not to completely alienate that fan base either as that could cause a backlash that negatively taints the brand (like the Probe fiasco).

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I'll miss the Premium Package California Special interior. The faux suede feels great and the red stitching really looks good.

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO thumbnail_image0

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I don't need 10 years to come to that conclusion, I think it already looks hideous right away.

Whereas when I look back 10 years to when the S550 was introduced I liked the dash from the first second and it still looks as good today as it did 10 years ago. Same goes for the S197 facelift dash, the S197 original dash and even the SN95 dash. All those cars breathe Mustang when you step inside.

When you step into an S650 it breathes Kia, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Opel, Toyota, Mercedes, BMW and Chevy.
That is your taste, fair enough. To me those old analoge gauge clusters are looking way too old now and trust me they won't come back in the nearest future.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Sorry if it is off topic, but instead complaining about the dashboards, what I don't like is that in the GT models the right air intake is (fake) closed as the reservoir bottle for the windshield water is placed there. That is a detail that freaks me out as the car looks totally weird from the front if you look at it as the air intakes are not even looking.

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1665610937437

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Sorry if it is off topic, but instead complaining about the dashboards, what I don't like is that in the GT models the right air intake is (fake) closed as the reservoir bottle for the windshield water is placed there. That is a detail that freaks me out as the car looks totally weird from the front if you look at it as the air intakes are not even looking.

1665610937437.png
I wish I could unsee this

Eh, if it’s not necessary then it’s better to be closed for aero (me trying to rationalize lmao)

Last edited:

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
Since the S650 reveal, the exterior has grown on me and the interior has…well done the opposite. I will check it out once they start hitting lots but so far I’m thinkibg my game will be to wait 2 model years and see if the interior dash gets a change. It just doesnt look like a mustang in video/pics inside. I will be looking at the used 350 market next year also and hoping enough current 350 owners want the new dark horse to trade so i can finally get the twisted orange 350….its out there somewhere.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge

1665610937437.png
Holy crap...lol.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
This is an all-digital dash from the SP3 Daytona
Yep...but it's an analogue style cluster with a rude analogue style gauge in an analogue style binnacle. Vs say...a monitor or flat screen tv. Ok it's only got one 'in your face' analogue style gauge. Here's another old looking analogue style dash no one would want...
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1665915780607

Last edited: