• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I will pass anyones EV charging while I finish my V8 fill up.(10 minutes tops)
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Funny thing is, your picture shows it very well. It brings much tech. I get it. But I honestly have NO idea how someone can look at those two pictures and not see the S550 looking way more classy, integrated, cohesive and relevant to what a Mustang should look like.

I count 41 buttons on the S550 and 26 on the S650. Itā€™s certainly integrated better on the new gen

Edit: 14/26 are on the steering wheel too

Last edited:

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Which would rather have: an electric car take can 0-60 in 3.1 seconds or V-8 GT that can go 0-60 in 4.6 seconds?
Doesnā€™t the MachE GT lock you out after like 2 full throttle runs?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
[/QUOTE]
I count 41 buttons on the S550 and 26 on the S650. Itā€™s certainly integrated better on the new gen

Now youā€™ll control everything from a single screen hopefully without atrocious endless menus when needing to find something.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Serious question here: if everyone seemingly hates the recent trend of tacked-on screens in cars, why is every manufacturer following this trend?

I'd think car designers would do some sort of market review and see what potential buyers want from a new car. All I ever see or read is how much people hate this trend but are we actually in the minority? Do most new car buyers like the tack-on screen look?
I think they look great. Let's them put the screen higher up closer to eyeline, if they were more integrated they would sit lower.

Thinking designers don't do market research isn't even worth arguing against.

As to your last point, the vocal minority is usually the loudest šŸ˜‰

I agree with Unfairslide. I like the screens, and I like that they are up and easy to see. That is why this will be my first mustang purchase. I did not like the interior of the S550. I guess I will not know 100% for sure what I think until I see it in real life. But I have heard multiple reviewers talk about how they were skeptical until they saw it in person.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
TBH as a daily driver I enjoy a bigger screens as it's easier for me to see the map, current music playing, etc. I drive a Tesla and although I'd prefer some manual controls, having the map/music player on a giant screen makes everyday driving much better. Even for the rear view camera, having a bigger screen makes it much easier to see the camera feed. I test drove an S550 Premium and was annoyed at how small the screen was.

Also a big advantage to having a screen is the ability to update the UI. With over the air updates, Ford can makes changes to the UI that would improve the functionality of the system.

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
TBH as a daily driver I enjoy a bigger screens as it's easier for me to see the map, current music playing, etc. I drive a Tesla and although I'd prefer some manual controls, having the map/music player on a giant screen makes everyday driving much better. Even for the rear view camera, having a bigger screen makes it much easier to see the camera feed. I test drove an S550 Premium and was annoyed at how small the screen was.

Also a big advantage to having a screen is the ability to update the UI. With over the air updates, Ford can makes changes to the UI that would improve the functionality of the system.
I agree 100%. Ever tried looking at Google maps on your phone while driving? It sucks!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I test drove an S550 Premium and was annoyed at how small the screen was.

You should try backing up on the 4". Works just fine if not better than the 8.

Ota updates are an exercise fraught with risk. With Bronco, the new software was vastly more buggy than the factory release if it doesn't brick the whole car. Ford SUCKS at the basics and 10x more so in software.

All this "tech" should be the primary reason not to buy the S650 at all. Or at least wait a good 2 years at least.

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You should try backing up on the 4". Works just fine if not better than the 8.

Ota updates are an exercise fraught with risk. With Bronco, the new software was vastly more buggy than the factory release if it doesn't brick the whole car. Ford SUCKS at the basics and 10x more so in software.

All this "tech" should be the primary reason not to buy the S650 at all. Or at least wait a good 2 years at least.
You've got to be trolling. Please explain how a 4" screen smaller than almost all phones today is better, I'll wait.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I'm just looking forward to the first boomer doing a s650 to s550 interior retrofit. Stop bitching about it and GET TO WORK!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Thats exactly my point. If you have to run calculations and look at inflation reports, you probably shouldnā€™t be buying a 2 Door Gas Guzzling V8
I already drive a 4 door gas guzzling V8 so a 2 door added to the stable won't be a problem. I'll run those reports at when I'm just chillin in the car. I'll enjoy the large screen experience while I'm driving and occasionally look down at those graphics

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I agree 100%. Ever tried looking at Google maps on your phone while driving? It sucks!
I just use CarPlay. It's been in all my cars for years with most newer cars
Sponsored