• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
You've got to be trolling. Please explain how a 4" screen smaller than almost all phones today is better, I'll wait.
It has better fidelity. And the voice recognition is noticeably better than the 8 as well.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
That's what voice prompts and pulling off the road are for.
I just use CarPlay. It's been in all my cars for years with most newer cars
My daily driver predates Android Auto. I have Bluetooth and voice recognition for phone calls and music with Sync 1, but that's about it. It's old school, but it works. My wife has all the new gadgets in her car so I'm aware of the improvements in technology. My comment was simply in support of the larger screens and ease of being able to quickly glance at the screen and get the information you need.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Wait till they delete the steering wheels in autonomous , oh people will be bxcthing up a storm! 🤣

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
latter of course. Hell, it could take 6.4 seconds and I'd still choose the V8
Car "acceleration" is a sad, pathetic joke. You want acceleration ride a motorcycle. Even better a MC leans which is 1000x more fun than some non-tilting car.
I will pass anyones EV charging while I finish my V8 fill up.(10 minutes tops)
But at what price per gallon? In the future, as the demand for petroleum will go down, the price will increase (just use tobacco products as an example).

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait till they delete the steering wheels in autonomous , oh people will be bxcthing up a storm! 🤣
BMW has an automation feature that when the AI sees the car needs to change lanes, all the driver has to do is glance at the driver's mirror.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Serious question here: if everyone seemingly hates the recent trend of tacked-on screens in cars, why is every manufacturer following this trend?
I'd think car designers would do some sort of market review and see what potential buyers want from a new car. All I ever see or read is how much people hate this trend but are we actually in the minority? Do most new car buyers like the tack-on screen look?
Because "designers" have absolutely no idea what people actually want.

AND because the I-pads are 1/20 the cost of actual gauges and controls.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
Eventually this will become so common place that analog clusters will come back as a luxury option.
Yes, I agree—similar to how a Rolex or other fine watch can be a piece of fine art, classy analog gauges can be made into fine art in high cost cars. Ever seen a Pagani’s gauges??? Wow. A digital screen just doesn’t scream luxury, especially when you can get the same thing in an economy car. Not exclusive; not luxurious, not actually nice. Just the latest tech fad that won’t age well IMO. Even mid priced cars can have very nice analog gauges. And yes, cheap gauges do look bad.

One of my kids was so used to riding in my wife’s Volvo XC90 which has a digital gauge cluster that when he saw the analog gauges in my ZL1 he said “woah, cool, your Camaro has 3D gauges!” It reminds me of how kids think Polaroids are cool. Old technology, but new to young people who are so used to looking at photos on a phone screen.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
QUOTE="Q6543, post: 3208133, member: 59105"]
I don’t get why people like the digital cluster in s550’s though… you have this beautiful tech and then force wrap it into some stone age faux gauge cluster….
[/QUOTE]
Because it looks like a cooler and more modern version of what a Mustang cluster should look like. Not like everything else.:sunglasses:

Last edited:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I agree—similar to how a Rolex or other fine watch can be a piece of fine art, classy analog gauges can be made into fine art in high cost cars. Ever seen a Pagani’s gauges??? Wow. A digital screen just doesn’t scream luxury, especially when you can get the same thing in an economy car. Not exclusive; not luxurious, not actually nice. Just the latest tech fad that won’t age well IMO. Even mid priced cars can have very nice analog gauges. And yes, cheap gauges do look bad.

One of my kids was so used to riding in my wife’s Volvo XC90 which has a digital gauge cluster that when he saw the analog gauges in my ZL1 he said “woah, cool, your Camaro has 3D gauges!” It reminds me of how kids think Polaroids are cool. Old technology, but new to young people who are so used to looking at photos on a phone screen.
and listening to compressed music on their iPhone.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
at the expense of customer enjoyment
I know we can't convince you, but you're so wrong. I'm younger than probably 95% of the order pool and one of the primary factors in pulling the trigger was the digital dash. Ford is targeting consumers like me with decades of income earning years left, they don't care about people who are coming up on the end of their spending years.

Don't believe me? Go watch a video of the new Stang on YouTube and I can guarantee you they say the words "Unreal engine" and "Rocket League" at least once. Guess what game I played last night? I know it's just marketing hooplah but still they're obviously targeting a different demographic. I would even be willing to bet that 80% of people over the age of ~30 couldn't even tell you what "Unreal engine" or "Rocket League" even are lmao
Sponsored