• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
For example:

These...

1688152091577.png

1688152154268.png

1688152281596.png

Look way more tasteful than this IMO...

1688152660075.png

or this...

1688152765486.png

1688152660578.png
Ranger looks utilitarian like a truck should, the Cadillac dash looks good but rooted in the past of every single dash for the past few decades, but the infotainment on the caddy looks like hot playskool garbage. The merc looks pretty identical to the stang just with a little leather flap on top and a bunch of ambient lighting.

Admittedly the separate screens in the stang look a little boring but the one piece looks new and fresh compared to every other dash we've had in the past. It also has a gigantic screen compared to most cars which makes it harder to design around. I personally would much prefer a larger screen over some extra dash just so it can look "integrated."
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ranger looks utilitarian like a truck should, the Cadillac dash looks good but rooted in the past of every single dash for the past few decades, but the infotainment on the caddy looks like hot playskool garbage. The merc looks pretty identical to the stang just with a little leather flap on top and a bunch of ambient lighting.

Admittedly the separate screens in the stang look a little boring but the one piece looks new and fresh compared to every other dash we've had in the past. It also has a gigantic screen compared to most cars which makes it harder to design around. I personally would much prefer a larger screen over some extra dash just so it can look "integrated."
I suppose to each his/her own.

"New & fresh" to me means nothing if it looks cheap and sloppily thrown together (which the Mustang's new dash does IMO).

And given I'm already paying nearly $60K for the car, I wouldn't mind paying a little more for a dash board that's better designed (in fact, I would much prefer it).

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
If you're getting a S650, does that mean you'd be selling your C6Z?
Sold back when the Covid crazy market was going on. I drive a 2012 Ford Explorer and I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am to be in a sports car but with all the creature comforts Iā€™ve come to enjoy.
Every time I get passed by a clapped out S550 I just dream Iā€™m in my S650 already lol

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I suppose to eahc his/her own.

"New & fresh" to me means nothing if it looks cheap and just sloppily thrown together (which the Mustang's new dash does IMO).

And given I'm already paying nearly $60K for a car, I woulsn't mind paying a little more for a dash board that's better designed.
I think once we sit in them and feel the materials, the responsiveness of the screen, and just get used to the layout overall people will start to come around to it.

But the main problem is Ford lagging on getting these in our hands, although we disagree on the interior I know we both share the idea that we want these cars now lol šŸ˜‚

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
It is pretty funny that we are arguing over something none of us have used lmao.

R.e. Cadillac, ranger, Merc infotainmentsā€¦.Ranger makes no sense why is the infotainment vertical. Itā€™s a truck so I can kind of understand. Cadillac looks like every other infotainment of the last decade. Mercedes looks fresh and just like mustang. Really glad ford took after the Germans

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I know we can't convince you, but you're so wrong. I'm younger than probably 95% of the order pool and one of the primary factors in pulling the trigger was the digital dash. Ford is targeting consumers like me with decades of income earning years left, they don't care about people who are coming up on the end of their spending years.

Don't believe me? Go watch a video of the new Stang on YouTube and I can guarantee you they say the words "Unreal engine" and "Rocket League" at least once. Guess what game I played last night? I know it's just marketing hooplah but still they're obviously targeting a different demographic. I would even be willing to bet that 80% of people over the age of ~30 couldn't even tell you what "Unreal engine" or "Rocket League" even are lmao
You do us 30s guys so wrong man! Maybe your comment would stick for people over 40. But people in their 30s LOL.... yeah, we know what unreal engine and rocket league are (I'm 34).

You're right though with the targeting demographic and marketing hooplah. I'd love to see a poll in December of the age range of people who've taken delivery or purchased an S650.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Lossless will play back normally on Bluetooth speakers and headphones. However, Bluetooth connections don't support lossless audio.
CarPlay is actually connected using Wi-Fi not Bluetooth that is just used to initiate the connection and you can also use a wired connection as well both support lossless

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
The other issue with the screens on the S650 Mustang (unlike the other vehicles in the images I shared) is because they're integrated so poorly, the glaring from the sun is quite bad in the few videos/images we've seen.
Iā€™m going to by an anti-glare screen protector like the one I put in my wifeā€™s expedition and call it good. Also keeps my screens clean and protected. Especially with mine being a convertible

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose to each his/her own.

"New & fresh" to me means nothing if it looks cheap and sloppily thrown together (which the Mustang's new dash does IMO).

And given I'm already paying nearly $60K for the car, I wouldn't mind paying a little more for a dash board that's better designed (in fact, I would much prefer it).
Maybe you should wait till you see it in person?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you should wait till you see it in person?
It may be best to gauge its functionality in-person, but no one's complaining about that

The cheap-looking and sloppily thrown-together design we see in the pictures, which is what we're actually complaining about, is going to be the same cheap-looking and sloppily thrown-together design that we see in-person.

And yes, there are some legitimate questions with respect to what extent the shitty desgn will effect functionality. But regardless of the impact to functionality, it's still a shitty design.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It may be best to gauge its functionality in-person, but no one's complaining about that

The cheap-looking and sloppily thrown-together design we see you see in the picture, which is what we're actually complaining about, is going to be the same design that we see in-person.

And yes, there are some legitimate questions with respect to what extent the shitty desgn will effect functionality. But regardless of the impact to functionality, it's still a shitty design.
Iā€™m not talking about functionality. Iā€™m talking about how it looks. Sit in the drivers seat and take a real look.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m not talking about functionality. Iā€™m talking about how it looks. Sit in the drivers seat and take a real look.
The "real look" is a poorly integrated screen tacked on as an afterthought.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The "real look" is a poorly integrated screen tacked on as an afterthought.
Then go buy a Mercedes if itā€™s that big of a deal.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then go buy a Mercedes if itā€™s that big of a deal.
Sorry, but I don't buy cars made by foreign OEMs. We discussed that before (and I'm not revisiting that conversation).

That said, I (and others) still have the right to complain about the imperfections with the Mustang. It's our money we're spending on it and this is America where we have that freedom of speech, after all...
Sponsored