• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Ouch.

There's still some candy in this piñata. Neither my Best By date or financial wherewithal are expiring any time soon.

Have a good weekend everyone! :like:
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
If the S650 had the same or similar infotainment as the S550 I wouldn't buy it.
An improved infotainment system doesn't require the tablet stuck on the dash look.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I know we can't convince you, but you're so wrong. I'm younger than probably 95% of the order pool and one of the primary factors in pulling the trigger was the digital dash. Ford is targeting consumers like me with decades of income earning years left, they don't care about people who are coming up on the end of their spending years.

Don't believe me? Go watch a video of the new Stang on YouTube and I can guarantee you they say the words "Unreal engine" and "Rocket League" at least once. Guess what game I played last night? I know it's just marketing hooplah but still they're obviously targeting a different demographic. I would even be willing to bet that 80% of people over the age of ~30 couldn't even tell you what "Unreal engine" or "Rocket League" even are lmao
Then why can't you wait until next year's model. It will have the new Android Automotive entertainment software. The bad thing about 2024 model, the new software will not be backwards compatible with SYNC4.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I know we can't convince you, but you're so wrong. I'm younger than probably 95% of the order pool and one of the primary factors in pulling the trigger was the digital dash. Ford is targeting consumers like me with decades of income earning years left, they don't care about people who are coming up on the end of their spending years.

Don't believe me? Go watch a video of the new Stang on YouTube and I can guarantee you they say the words "Unreal engine" and "Rocket League" at least once. Guess what game I played last night? I know it's just marketing hooplah but still they're obviously targeting a different demographic. I would even be willing to bet that 80% of people over the age of ~30 couldn't even tell you what "Unreal engine" or "Rocket League" even are lmao
Ok let’s hold the horses (see what I did there). You are correct in that Ford, as well as a number of other car companies, are developing ways to attract younger buyers. You also need to remember that not many of those younger buyers are in the market to purchase a 60k+ car. So while you may be one of the few who can make that work, look at your peers and see how many of them are driving anything over 40k.

Second I’m in my mid-late 30’s and I know what an unreal engine is. Don’t assume old heads don’t understand new tech or trends.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Ok let’s hold the horses (see what I did there). You are correct in that Ford, as well as a number of other car companies, are developing ways to attract younger buyers. You also need to remember that not many of those younger buyers are in the market to purchase a 60k+ car. So while you may be one of the few who can make that work, look at your peers and see how many of them are driving anything over 40k.

Second I’m in my mid-late 30’s and I know what an unreal engine is. Don’t assume old heads don’t understand new tech or trends.
I don’t think he’s coming after the 30s, y’all aren’t old heads yet lol but also I think a lot more younger buyers are in that price market especially if they work in tech. This car is exactly what I could have hoped for, a super modern interior with a roaring V8 under the hood and have been planning on buying it even before it was announced it’s the only thing that got me through college lol

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Then why can't you wait until next year's model. It will have the new Android Automotive entertainment software. The bad thing about 2024 model, the new software will not be backwards compatible with SYNC4.
Android = Garbage. Idk what you mean about being backwards compatible with SYNC4. Like android auto doesn't work for Sync 4?

I totally get it, I'm very fortunate and there's no doubt this car is out of range for a lot, but with the lower trim models I really feel like it punches above its price point.

I don’t think he’s coming after the 30s, y’all aren’t old heads yet lol but also I think a lot more younger buyers are in that price market especially if they work in tech. This car is exactly what I could have hoped for, a super modern interior with a roaring V8 under the hood and have been planning on buying it even before it was announced it’s the only thing that got me through college lol
You hit the nail on the head : )

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
Android = Garbage. Idk what you mean about being backwards compatible with SYNC4. Like android auto doesn't work for Sync 4?

I totally get it, I'm very fortunate and there's no doubt this car is out of range for a lot, but with the lower trim models I really feel like it punches above its price point.

You hit the nail on the head : )
If you're getting a S650, does that mean you'd be selling your C6Z?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Just to clarify, most of us who are complaining about the screens aren't complaining about the sceens themselves (we like their functionality), but rather how poorly they're integrated.

As someone else said, it's like someone decided to just literally plopped it on top of the dash board with some gorilla glue as an afterthought.

I much prefer the setup on the 6G Ranger, or the setup the Cadillac CT5 / Audi S5 have. And frankly, if I'm paying Audi / Cadillac prices for a Mustang as a customer, I don't think the expectation for Audi / Cadillac-like fit & form is unreasonable.

BTW, I think the ageist comments upthread are wrong. I'm a relatively young buyer myself (early 30s) and I still think the value engineering with cars in some respect has gotten out of control, especially given the prices OEMs are asking for them.

Last edited:

blunders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
As a 23 y/o, I honestly like the new screen setup, it definitely attracts a younger audience. I have a Mach-E right now and I also like the display in that even though there was some backlash when it was first released.

My first car was a 2017 Mustang so I understand the nostalgia/heritage but I still think that Ford is doing a good job modernizing the interior while still keeping some elements of the Mustang brand.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to clarify, most of us who are complaining about the screens aren't complaining about the sceens themselves (we like their functionality), but rather how poorly they're integrated.

As someone else said, it's like someone decided to just literally plopped it on top of the dash board with some gorilla glue as an afterthought.

I much prefer the setup on the 6G Ranger, or the setup the Cadillac CT5 / Mercedes E-Class have. And frankly, if I'm paying Audi / Cadillac prices for a Mustang as a customer, I don't think the expectation for Mercedes / Cadillac-like fit & form is unreasonable.

BTW, I think the ageist comments upthread are wrong. I'm a relatively young buyer myself (early 30s) and I still think the value engineering with cars in some respect has gotten out of control, especially given the prices OEMs are asking for them.
For example:

These...

S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 1688152091577

S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 1688152154268

S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 1688152281596

Look way more tasteful than this IMO...

S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 1688152660075

or this...

S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 1688152765486

S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 1688152660578

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
For example:

These...

1688152091577.png

1688152154268.png

1688152281596.png

Look way more tasteful than this IMO...

1688152660075.png

or this...

1688152765486.png

1688152660578.png
Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I actually do prefer how the mustang screens are laid out especially the premium models but to each there own

my biggest gripe and I think I’ll have to sit down in one to really see how big of an issue it is, is the large top bezel on the premium gauge cluster screen I’m hoping they did that because the top of the steering wheel covers that area so all the information is easily readable through the steering wheel but it looks awfully large for this day in age

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I actually do prefer how the mustang screens are laid out especially the premium models but to each there own

my biggest gripe and I think I’ll have to sit down in one to really see how big of an issue it is, is the large top bezel on the premium gauge cluster screen I’m hoping they did that because the top of the steering wheel covers that area so all the information is easily readable through the steering wheel but it looks awfully large for this day in age
The other issue with the screens on the S650 Mustang (unlike the other vehicles in the images I shared) is because they're integrated so poorly, the glaring from the sun is quite bad in the few videos/images we've seen.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
The other issue with the screens on the S650 Mustang (unlike the other vehicles in the images I shared) is because they're integrated so poorly, the glaring from the sun is quite bad in the few videos/images we've seen.
I have seen that as well but from what I have seen none of the perspectives were directly where the driver would sit so maybe it’s better once actually in the seat. These are the questions that having some cars on dealer lots would help answer FORD

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have seen that as well but from what I have seen none of the perspectives were directly where the driver would sit so maybe it’s better once actually in the seat. These are the questions that having some cars on dealer lots would help answer FORD
That's sort of the point myself (and others) are making.

They clearly value engineered the heck out of the infotainment screens' integration into the dash board and now we're left wondering how much it will hurt the intended functionality.
Sponsored