• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sub install on B&O without drilling new holes

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
anybody here swapped the B&O Sub for a Pioneer? If so, has anybody noticed a difference? Swapping the speaker should be plug and play right (with minimal wiring)
The setup is identical to the S550 in the thread mentioned above. Very simple cheap upgrade which improves the sound quality considerably.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Think it’s worth it to run a 2 channel amp with a 10 inch pioneer in the stock enclosure (w polyfoam) and grab signal (LOC converter) from the subwoofer wires?
The enclosure is the weak link. I have polyfil in mine but it still cracks at higher volumes. I’m taking it out this weekend to dynamat it to see if that helps. If not I will have a custom enclosure made.
You will get a significant sound QUALITY upgrade. If you want thumping bass you will need an additional amp.
Your idea of sound quality must be extremely low. Just adding a sub is not a significant sound quality improvement, lmao.

98jfuentes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
The enclosure is the weak link. I have polyfil in mine but it still cracks at higher volumes. I’m taking it out this weekend to dynamat it to see if that helps. If not I will have a custom enclosure made.

Your idea of sound quality must be extremely low. Just adding a sub is not a significant sound quality improvement, lmao.
I know, I need an aftermarket 4 channel too. The B&O isn’t too bad. I know a better 4channel can probably get me better highs but I don’t want to mess with the system too much. Just want simple upgrades to make a bit of a difference. I pulled a custom made box I had in my 15 mustang w 2 12 inch subs. That bass used to be nuts….. but I had to remove a deck lid speaker and space the seats to hear it.

i guess my main question is if it’s even worth it to swap that sub out and reuse the OEM enclosure?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

It is NOT adding a sub!

It is replacing a very poor sub speaker with a much better one! I have done it in my S550 as have many others on the thread I linked too and been very happy with the sound improvement.

LMAO that you think you know better based on uninformed assumption :clap:

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know, I need an aftermarket 4 channel too. The B&O isn’t too bad. I know a better 4channel can probably get me better highs but I don’t want to mess with the system too much. Just want simple upgrades to make a bit of a difference. I pulled a custom made box I had in my 15 mustang w 2 12 inch subs. That bass used to be nuts….. but I had to remove a deck lid speaker and space the seats to hear it.

i guess my main question is if it’s even worth it to swap that sub out and reuse the OEM enclosure?
I’ll get back to you regarding the factory enclosure this weekend after I dynamat it and test it. The enclosure is pretty thin plastic and it does flex enough that you hear the difference. I’m not sure how much the dynamat will help but it’s worth a try

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is NOT adding a sub!

It is replacing a very poor sub speaker with a much better one! I have done it in my S550 as have many others on the thread I linked too and been very happy with the sound improvement.

LMAO that you think you know better based on uninformed assumption :clap:
Lmao, if you didn’t add an amp you didn’t improve shit. Same shitty power source is not bumping that Pioneer sub sunshine. But you do you, as long as you’re happy with what you’re listening to. I don’t give to shits about your sound. I’m out to improve mine and help others along the way. Peace out bloke, you’re on block. I don’t argue with idiots.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
I did mine 5 years ago and it is still completely secure and is not off centre. Retained original grille etc as per S550 thread.
So, is it just plug and play and completely interchangeable as if it were an OEM one? Thanks!

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll get back to you regarding the factory enclosure this weekend after I dynamat it and test it. The enclosure is pretty thin plastic and it does flex enough that you hear the difference. I’m not sure how much the dynamat will help but it’s worth a try
So, adding the dynamat to the enclosure and removing the factory grille is definitely an improvement. Now it sounds as it should, without the flexing and popping at high volumes. It hits hard enough you feel it through the seats.

98jfuentes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
So, adding the dynamat to the enclosure and removing the factory grille is definitely an improvement. Now it sounds as it should, without the flexing and popping at high volumes. It hits hard enough you feel it through the seats.
Are you running a separate amp or just the sub?

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
how about adding a 2" port with a tube extension?
Such a tube normally should be calculated to increase volume at a specific narrow frequency range.
Then it can actually help smaller enclosures to be louder.
Check the net for speaker calculations and find the so called Thiele-Small parameters and others for your specific sub speaker.
Also size of the specific enclosure should be known.
Sponsored