• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Still without front parking sensors/camera and HUD?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
While I would love to see a front-facing camera and HUD it's a question of cost to produce and cost to purchase. Ford doesn't manufacture Maybachs or Bentley so you aren't going to get every single toy. Mustangs are the Poor Man's Ferrari.
Well how about a F150, Bronco, (360 camera) or an Escape (HUD). Both features are not the realm of luxury cars and could have been done fairly easily with the new redesign. I have to give Ford a "F" for this lack of effort.
Sponsored

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018, Audi A8L 2019
I know but since you guys are driving on the wrong side you may also drive the other way around and have therefore no need for "front" sensors... who knows... :wink:
Wrong side? :))))

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
While I would love to see a front-facing camera and HUD it's a question of cost to produce and cost to purchase. Ford doesn't manufacture Maybachs or Bentley so you aren't going to get every single toy. Mustangs are the Poor Man's Ferrari.
Then why do they have them in other Ford cars/trucks and why can KIA afford it but Ford can't? Why can a 40000$ Kia be equiped with all those features and have them almost as standart whereas a 60K Mustang can't even have them as an option?!

We're not talking Maybachs or Bentleys we're talking about cheap ass features that should be standart in 2023 or at least optional... Ford wants to sell a 60K car but offers neither the performance, nor the build quality or anything really that would justify those prices. Dacia, the cheapest carmanufaturer in Europe offers cars with AWD and a 360 camera and they're charging around 25K... It's really not that difficult...

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hi! Has anyone discovered anything about this? I´ve tried, but 0 results.... Personally, I think it´s a joke a 2023 car without these features, specially the lack of front parking sensors with the looooong hood

Thanks!
One of the photos I saw awhile back I could see front parking sensors on the front bumper but I don't recall which photos of what trim mustang. No idea about the front camera though.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Well how about a F150, Bronco, (360 camera) or an Escape (HUD). Both features are not the realm of luxury cars and could have been done fairly easily with the new redesign. I have to give Ford a "F" for this lack of effort.
Absolutely, it could have been added, but I suspect it wasn't for intentional reasons. There are a lot of factors in play here; everything from supply issues/chip shortages, sales demographics and finally price point.

You said it yourself; the Bronco and F150 have a 360 camera? If they added it to the Mustang then Ford would have to split their 360 camera inventory between the Bronco, the F150 and the Mustang this further exacerbates the supply/chip issues and adds more delays to all three cars. The HUD would have been nice for sure, however, that again would have to be taken out of Ford's overall holistic stockpile and divided between the two vehicles.

That is just one example of why it is the way it is.

Many of the more affordable, non-luxury brand cars aren't about building the best, most all-encompassing awesomeness ever. They are about making what they can, charging what they can, and cranking out as much of them as possible. When you have a brand that has multiple vehicles and trim levels across them they look at things at scale and not as individual lines.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SCAT Pack Charger
I was surprised they didn't have these features in the S650...seems like a missed opportunity. Wonder if the seats (seat angle) and steering wheel are electronic. I was surprised on my 21 GT that it was still manual movement, and it has an old school CD player, but no on-board HD like my 10yo Infiniti G37 had. My wife hates that it doesn't have the oh-shit handle for the passenger...that's just dumb given how many older people buy this car and need help getting out.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Folding mirrors are on Euro Mach 1. Blind spot monitor (BLIS) not, though.
Yes, that why I said we can be sure how new the S650 is once they announce if we still won't get BLIS. If they add mirrors + BLIS we know they chagned at least something on the harness

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Front parking sensors or camera are a nice to have, but not a must-have imo. If you cannot park without them, then you should practice a bit more :D If you are craving for them, you can still adjust them after market.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Yes, that why I said we can be sure how new the S650 is once they announce if we still won't get BLIS. If they add mirrors + BLIS we know they chagned at least something on the harness
Ah, ok. I misunderstood your first post. How is it done on the US version then? They have two wires already, or do not fold the mirrors?
On the side note. Missing rear sensing is a bummer, but the camera can somewhat compensate for that. Missing front sensing is a bigger problem.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Ah, ok. I misunderstood your first post. How is it done on the US version then? They have two wires already, or do not fold the mirrors?
On the side note. Missing rear sensing is a bummer, but the camera can somewhat compensate for that. Missing front sensing is a bigger problem.
You can have it either or... Europe got the folding mirrors, the US BLIS ;)

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
You can have it either or... Europe got the folding mirrors, the US BLIS ;)
Interesting, didn't know about this. I'll take folding mirrors over BLIS then, considering how narrow our parking spots are... But then again having there 2 wires would be trivial...

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
Whilst I agree about the lack of front parking sensors, I’ve kind of got used to it now. What I could never understand though is why the UK/Euro spec cars don’t get a memory function on the drivers seat when US cars have them. Another single wiring issue? In any event, it winds me right up. It’s probably the single most frustrating thing about my car.
Sponsored