• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop Eliminator

BobbyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
4Dtech.com makes a plug in to address this function and disable the start/stop.
They have a YouTube video showing the installation. Looks pretty easy
Sponsored

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have used these and done the Forscan in other vehicles. For some doing this will be a lot easier to do than Forscan.

I have 1 on the way for a Bronco that wont let you do it with Forscan and I dont't think it has been confirmed to beable to turn off in Forscan yet.

Last edited:

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My order was one of the last without it, was glad I missed it. I know it defaults to on though doesn't the first button disable it?
Thinking that was going to bug the shit out of me, I find the drive mode defaulting to "Normal" more annoying. Wish I could use the Favorite button for my custom profile

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
ArthurJGuy in other post. Said you can turn it off in forscan.. whatever that means.
Forscan is a free program that you can use to turn on/off factory features. All Fords of a given model come with the same software, just different options enabled/disabled.

For example if you put a Whipple on your GT, you can turn on the Ecoboost boost gauge. Or on my F-250 and my Explorer I added the auto fold mirrors that the Lincoln's get. etc etc etc.

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
Forscan is a free program that you can use to turn on/off factory features. All Fords of a given model come with the same software, just different options enabled/disabled.

For example if you put a Whipple on your GT, you can turn on the Ecoboost boost gauge. Or on my F-250 and my Explorer I added the auto fold mirrors that the Lincoln's get. etc etc etc.
cool I’ll have to check it out when I get my car.

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
My order was one of the last without it, was glad I missed it. I know it defaults to on though doesn't the first button disable it?
Thinking that was going to bug the shit out of me, I find the drive mode defaulting to "Normal" more annoying. Wish I could use the Favorite button for my custom profile
Every time I start the car I just press the steering wheel button twice to switch to my custom profile, it was a little annoying at first but I’m used to it now

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Every time I start the car I just press the steering wheel button twice to switch to my custom profile, it was a little annoying at first but I’m used to it now
Which button? I'm still waiting for my car.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Same here, muscle memory now, just thought it would be great if we could program the Favorite button to Custom Mode

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Forscan has not been fully working on the newer vehicles. And it is not totally free as you need to buy a connector to plug into the ODB port to connect a laptop.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Forscan has not been fully working on the newer vehicles.
Of course it doesn't fully work on new vehicles. Because they are new. But they eventually get added, and the list of features and options you can enable/disable/change grows exponentially.

And it is not totally free as you need to buy a connector to plug into the ODB port to connect a laptop.
Yes, but that same OBD dongle can be used with Forscan on ALL your Ford and Lincoln vehicles, not just one (that you installed a $100 bypass in). I've used the same OBDLink MX dongle on all four Ford vehicles I've purchased since 2016 (when I bought the dongle).

Sure, if you don't want to do anything besides get rid of the auto stop/start, pay $100 and be done. But if you want ot be able to do other cool things, go Forscan.

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Which button? I'm still waiting for my car.
It’s on the left side of the steering wheel and is used to cycle through the drive modes, I press up twice and it changes it to my custom mode that I set up. I’ll post a picture after work so you can see

Reactions: DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
It’s on the left side of the steering wheel and is used to cycle through the drive modes, I press up twice and it changes it to my custom mode that I set up. I’ll post a picture after work so you can see
Thanks.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ