• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
How did this tread get to be about a hole in the inner fender liner? One question is the S/S location where the blank button is to the right of all the others?
Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I tried to take a picture but was unable to get one that showed the hole, There is very little distance from the tire to the hole and I couldn't get a shot that showed it. The guy in the video had the car up on a lift which is what is needed to get a picture.
Bummer that you couldn't get a picture. Are you still confident the hole on yours is in fact different like you mentioned - smaller and offset? Hopefully we can get good pics from someone.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
They changed the hole, mine doesn't look anything like the hole in the linked video. It is smaller and offset.
I think you answered for another thread, I'm not sure if a moderator can move you posts or not, just a FYI.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I think you answered for another thread, I'm not sure if a moderator can move you posts or not, just a FYI.
Actually we had a little discussion on page 11 of this thread (post#156). That's the person I was replying too. Sorry for cluttering up this thread but it's a pretty important issue.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I agree on the importance of the wheel well issue, it's just that some people have stopped following this particular thread.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Here you go again.

Any person who strongly dislikes A.S.S. is now, in addition to being a redneck, irrational. I just don’t think that name calling thing is working out well for you.

Here’s some light reading if you have time:

https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034
So calling an opinion irrational is now considered "name calling"? You know what I would call that idea? 100% irrational.

Great book, BTW. I will strongly second your recommendation... though some people make the advice harder to follow than others. :wink:

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
So has anyone actually seen a '24 GT with the start/stop button yet?

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
So has anyone actually seen a '24 GT with the start/stop button yet?
No, but go to dealer sites, check on "in transit GTs with automatics" and the window sticker will include the auto stop start feature in the options list. Dark Horse, so far, will not, and I don't believe the Ecoboost gets it either.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
No, but go to dealer sites, check on "in transit GTs with automatics" and the window sticker will include the auto stop start feature in the options list. Dark Horse, so far, will not, and I don't believe the Ecoboost gets it either.
Yeah I've seen it on stickers and on orders. Just have never actually seen the button show up in a '24 GT or GT Premium. Even the most recent deliveries on here haven't had it.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Yeah I've seen it on stickers and on orders. Just have never actually seen the button show up in a '24 GT or GT Premium. Even the most recent deliveries on here haven't had it.
Did you check the bottom of the window sticker (total MSRP)? There should be an actual production date...After 1 Jan 24 that's when they supposedly started to install the Auto Stop Start System.
Sponsored