• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
https://images.app.goo.gl/AH3cjQNXo5yccgtH9
They'll apparently have an angle comparable to that, but the lights will be closer in thickness to the current s550 taillights. I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but that's according to Jem.
One of the sketches you posted that were shown for Mach E had a more aggressive angle. I think that's what we can expect.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I wonder if the original designer of the tailights could have ever imagined that motif would still be kicking around 50 years later. What was the point of the design in the first place? I *really* don't get this fascination with headlight and taillight element count and shape. what a STUPID thing to hang your brand/style hat on.

some of you car guys are just plain wierd. The only view of the car I care about is the one thru the front glass.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I wonder if the original designer of the tailights could have ever imagined that motif would still be kicking around 50 years later. What was the point of the design in the first place? I *really* don't get this fascination with headlight and taillight element count and shape. what a STUPID thing to hang your brand/style hat on.

some of you car guys are just plain wierd. The only view of the car I care about is the one thru the front glass.
lol huh? The headlights and taillights are one of the most recognizable styling cues on any vehicle.

"The only view of the car I care about is the one thru the front glass" - 🙄

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

Lighting elements are some of the most distinct styling elements on a car, especially at night, hence why it's an area of intense focus for many designers. It seems like you aren't really into car design, that's ok, imo, how a mustang looks is the most important thing about it. I don't care how fast the mustang is as long as it looks good. You can always make a car fast with aftermarket upgrades. You can't fix an ugly design, especially if the flaws with the design can be traced back to things like poor proportions, or an ugly overall shape.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
You can always make a car fast with aftermarket upgrades. You can't fix an ugly design, especially if the flaws with the design can be traced back to things like poor proportions, or an ugly overall shape.
The entire JDM scene disagrees with your second point, and is in utter disbelief with your first point 🤣

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Lighting elements are some of the most distinct styling elements on a car, especially at night
which is RETARDED to the max. Your parked car you can't see the lights, head or tail because they are off and it's freaking dark. When you approach the parked car from the side which is probably 80+% of the time you can't see them anyway. Then when you open the door or turn on the engine NOBODY jumps back out of the car to admire their damn head or tail lights. The design exercise is the very definition of FUTILE. The ONLY time people see it is when it's on a dais at a freaking car show.

People buy cars in the day time. Who in their right mind stands around a prospective car, turns on the DRL or markers and oohs and ahhs and says to themself, "yup, it's got those sweet sassy 3-bar accents in the headlight housing. I just wet myself?"

I recognize a Mustang ahead of me at a distance at night - true. Why should I care? Who gives a damn what somebody else happens to be driving 200 years ahead? In the mirror I can spot a mustang not because of the 3-bar shark fins in the headlights, because the freaking main beams are on and drowning out the sight picture. I recognize the PLACEMENT of the light and it's relation to the amber markers. Your vaunted tri-bar design element is once more null and void.

Every dork has LED head lights now with slashes, arches, L's and whatnot such that they are all indistinguishable. You can't seriously think the Mustang is going to stand out in the sea of MeToo's.

The only element that could possibly differentiate a Ford product is the thin white line across the front like in the Orange car. They're doing it in the electrical F150 and I'm sure everybody else is going to jump on the same bandwagon in the next model year or two.

A car that doesn't look like ass at 20 paces is indeed a prerequisite to sales. But the vast majority of people DRIVE their cars and therefore exterior is irrelevant to that endeavor. The ability to hold a line in a curve and provide good feedback to the driver is what a car is about. Anything else you might as well hang it uselessly on a 30deg wall in a museum to gaze at it.

Last edited:

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
RETARDED to the max.
Can't tell if you're trolling or serious, but this is what I took from that. People care what the car looks like just as much as performance. I also missed the part where this thread was entirely about lighting 🤷‍♂️, which btw are perfectly visible in daylight

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Not too sure on the "small & flat" comment. The main body doesn't appear any different to S550. But that front end definitely looks like a great interpretation of the sculpture to my eyes.

Would be interested to hear the thoughts of @amk91 & @Jem
Ok ill bite..

I believe there's 2 lower bumper designs. One with straight vertical line on the outer of the lower bumper intakes, while there's a more slightly aggressive version more aligned to mach 1 bumper design.

The design used here mixes elements of both.

The grille doesn't sit up flush with the headlights, the headlights aren't exactly right here, obviously not too far off.

The GT bumper has a whole new design element not seen in any render.

The overall rake of the bonnet on this render is quite a bit off too.

I guess that doesn't describe much and doesn't give anybody an idea of what it looks like. 😬

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ok ill bite..

I believe there's 2 lower bumper designs. One with straight vertical line on the outer of the lower bumper intakes, while there's a more slightly aggressive version more aligned to mach 1 bumper design.

The design used here mixes elements of both.

The grille doesn't sit up flush with the headlights, the headlights aren't exactly right here, obviously not too far off.

The GT bumper has a whole new design element not seen in any render.

The overall rake of the bonnet on this render is quite a bit off too.

I guess that doesn't describe much and doesn't give anybody an idea of what it looks like. 😬

Thanks Jem, really appreciate your feedback :like:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Chevy is going with their Version of the Light Bar and the Fender Crease. Their Crease is minimal and Ties In to the Rear Deck Spoiler. Will the 650 have something similar?

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645975212659

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645975240587

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645975270435

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645975306172

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645975360944

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645975401982

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I think the Bumper has to be up Higher to meet Specs, but can be Hidden, to a Certain Degree, like the GT500 did with Color and Insetting it from the Fangs.
S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645977717409

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645977800078

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Just went through the Convertible pictures, it kinda looks like it has a driver centric infotainment screen? Hard to say but it also could be one big display between gauges and infotainment Small detail, but the a-pillar speeker looks nicer, the S550 had this not really fitting circular speeker.
S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1646055129665

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There definitely does appear to be something facing the driver to the right of the wheel........unless its the test driver's phone lol.

Not sure how I'd feel about a curved screen for the driver......but lets wait for more camo to drop.

I think it was @Topnotch who mentioned the A-pillar speaker when these photos first hit, and he also mentioned a Mach E like centre screen.......
Sponsored