• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Why do we need a massive leap in design? Tech yes but design?
Porsches 911 looks almost exactly like it did when it was first revealed. Just update the design so that it can carry the Mustang into the late twenties.
Because design has proven to be the most important element of virtually any car, sports cars especially. As such, it's important to keep it fresh, to make a design that keeps people engaged. The 6th gen Camaro demonstrated that a great chassis doesn't matter if the design remains basically the same. Ford's genius was identifying design traits, like the forward leaning front end, tri-bar lighting elements, fastback, flared fenders, and long hood, that defined the mustangs design. But changing the mustang enough around these elements to always give people something new. No-one does retro design better than Ford, the current gt, bronco, and s550 are all examples of what retro design should be, they pay tribute to the past, while looking forward at the same time.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Exactly. This render just adds the Mach E's headlight elements. Not a fan of the Evos, and definitely would not be a fan of the S650 if it looked like this. However, as noted, this render, and others, are just a mix up of existing Ford design language. That doesn't mean the renders are totally wrong, but from what we can glimpse from the prototypes, I think the real S650 design will be elegantly executed, and differ quite a bit from the Evos and Mach E (or at least that's what I'm hoping).

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Exactly. This render just adds the Mach E's headlight elements. Not a fan of the Evos, and definitely would not be a fan of the S650 if it looked like this. However, as noted, this render, and others, are just a mix up of existing Ford design language. That doesn't mean the renders are totally wrong, but from what we can glimpse from the prototypes, I think the real S650 design will be elegantly executed, and differ quite a bit from the Evos and Mach E (or at least that's what I'm hoping).
I think it’ll look more aggressive than the render I posted yesterday.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2012 BMW 135i FBO w/ MHD Stage 2+, 2015 Hyundai Equus
Separate parking brake caliper in the rear.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Wow, those wheels are hideous.

And black, so imaginative. 🙄

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Front n rear

S650 Render 14.jpeg
S650 Render 15.jpg
Of course the official vehicle will look more refined! Jem did mention the taillights being angled aggressively! Side note: this IG page always post renders that are very close to the production model!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Of course the official vehicle will look more refined! Jem did mention the taillights being angled aggressively! Side note: this IG page always post renders that are very close to the production model!

Must admit, I'd never heard of the page that did the renders, but I searched them out and they do some great stuff. Time will tell how close this one is though :)

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I hope they're way off on this one 😂

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Not sure how I feel about the rear, looks a little awkward. Plus the taillights aren't going to have that horizontal strip like the mach-e has.
Yeah, from what is floating around, the taillights will absolutely not look like this. Which is a good thing.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer