• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Software bug in infotainment keep piling up. Anyone Else?

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just received my GT Premium a couple weeks ago and everything's been good except the infotainment. About maybe 1 in 5 times when I start the car and Apple Carplay connects, it thinks it's playing audio with the track playing but no sound comes out.

Earlier today I had an issue where the "push brake to start" screen would not leave my dash even after trying to change screens or pressing buttons.

Just now my media screen was quickly flashing the screen where you choose what climate vents are on. I was on my CarPlay screen it would flash for a split second, but also had static in the entire image as if there was a bad connection.

All these issues get fixed after restarting the car, but obviously I shouldn't have to restart my car every time I get in it.

I'm hoping this is stuff that can get fixed OTA. But maybe it's better to just take it back to the dealership now?
Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
You should get able to restart the infotainment system without restarting the car. Push and hold both the power button and the >> (fast forward) simultaneously until the screen goes black... about 5 to 10 seconds or so. That reboots the system after a few seconds and hopefully clears your problem. I have to do that on my F150 with sync4 every now and then as the navigation does not always start properly.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
ā€¦
I'm hoping this is stuff that can get fixed OTA. But maybe it's better to just take it back to the dealership now?
So, a couple things: there could be a software issue or a hardware issue. The dealer will not be able to truly diagnose either. They will probably contact tech support which will tell them to either flash the software or replace something in hopes it will resolve the issue. If itā€™s a hardware issue, you may get lucky and they picked the right part to replace. If itā€™s a software issue, replacing parts will not resolve it and your car is getting taken apart for no reason. In that case, the only real fix is to wait for a software fix at some time in the future. Reflashing it with the same software version it already has will likely not fix anything, but canā€™t hurt.

Use that info to decide how to proceed, but thatā€™s how it will go down.

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
The Apple CarPlay scenario where the car thinks itā€™s playing but no sound comes on has happened to me a bit recently. So I need to get that reset or whatever so it doesnā€™t happen too often. Also my Google maps on Apple car play shows nothing now but the blue arrow unless I go on Google maps on my phone and before that wasnā€™t the case. So itā€™s definitely just little annoying software bugs.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Being a new mark, new system, I'd pause and tolerate it for now. We can include @Ford Motor Company so they know and advise Engineering internally.

Taking it to the dealer now, it's like they'd be t-shooting this brand new thing they have no experience or insight on. I'm not comfortable with that. I rather wait and see if future OTA updates resolve the issue, or TSBs and recalls for hardware replacements.

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Iā€™ve only had the car 3 days and Iā€™ve already experienced the music playing but no sound coming out. Also experiencing bad static when playing anything (Spotify/podcasts etc) with Google Maps on the screen. Itā€™s the weirdest thing-itā€™s only when Google maps is displayedā€¦.tap spotify and the static goes away, tap Google maps and static is back.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Atlas Blue DH 700A
I have been having the "music playing but no sound" issue off and on for a little while. Only about 725 miles on the car. Resetting the infotainment works. I also just read on the Mustang Mach E forum that turning off CarPlay on your phone and then turning it back on can resolve the problem. Not sure if that solution will work for our cars, but it's worth a try.

Last edited:

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Knock on plastic. I have not had any issues. I dont do deep dives into the infotainment, Just basic radio. sometimes xm

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
But maybe it's better to just take it back to the dealership now?
yes, and trade it in for something that doesn't have Ford Sync in it. :)

The easier thing would be to abandon CarPlay integration full-stop. Just pair enough BT features to let you stream audio to Sync3 but keep the car from having access to your Address Book etc. And use the AppleOS as a phone as Steve intended. It has WAY BETTER voice recog and voice control. All Ford Sync vehicles should be treated as impossibly buggy and insecure. If I could plug in a phono-jack from my phone to Sync I would and deny it even BT connectivity.

When Aldous Huxley wrote a Brave New World he didn't anticipate how bad software engineering was in Detroit.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
So, a couple things: there could be a software issue or a hardware issue. The dealer will not be able to truly diagnose either. They will probably contact tech support which will tell them to either flash the software or replace something in hopes it will resolve the issue. If itā€™s a hardware issue, you may get lucky and they picked the right part to replace. If itā€™s a software issue, replacing parts will not resolve it and your car is getting taken apart for no reason. In that case, the only real fix is to wait for a software fix at some time in the future. Reflashing it with the same software version it already has will likely not fix anything, but canā€™t hurt.

Use that info to decide how to proceed, but thatā€™s how it will go down.
I hope they get the BUGS worked out, or should I say the COCKROACHES worked out before I receive my Mustang GT Premium?
Itā€™s supposed to be built April 24, 2024.
What have I gotten myself into?
Fingers Crossed!

jfische5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
My wifi disconnects at random and I have to use the usb connection. Sometimes that fails. Will take it in on the next oil change and see if the dealer can flash it

CrimsonRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Magnetic Mustang V6, 2019 Race Red GT convertible
I have a 2024 GT, as far as apple play not having any sound the workaround I have done is to change to fm radio as the sound source and then back to apple car play.

seems to work most of the time.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Guess I need to play with the radio more, all I've listened to since getting the car has been Sirius.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
It does seem that Apple car is a major factor with these issues. I have not seen many complaints with Android as if yet.
I don't use either so I hope to not to have these problems. Old school. Just nav and XM through vehicle system.
Sponsored