• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has anyone else gotten this warning?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I installed a dash cam powering it off the USB. The only problem I ran into was it wouldn't turn off with the car all the time even after the car had been off for hours. I was going to return the camera even though it was more of a car issue after I tested the port with my phone charger but as a last ditch effort I eventually set the dash cam to use motion detection and it has been fine ever since. There is a warning that using the feature may cause the dash cam to stop recording but that has never happened and it still keeps recording for a while after I'm parked.
But it will eventually turn off? Would hate to kill the battery but I definitely want to use the motion detection/parking mode
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I have a dash cam installed to the USB port in the rear view mirror. I’m not sure if that port is on switched power or not. Wondering if I need to unplug the thing every time I get out of the car. This is the first time I’ve gotten the warning. I’ve had the dash cam about a week. I had a faraday pouch in my pocket next to the key when I got the warning if that matters. The spare is always in a faraday pouch. I’ve been driving the car almost every day.

IMG_1833.jpeg
What dashcam are you using that runs on 5 vdc? Not many do.

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Yes, it has been off every time I get in the car the next day since turning on motion detection. I also haven't gotten any battery warnings from the car since turning on motion detection. I'm not sure how long it stays on after parking now though. Probably just a couple minutes. This is the combination I'm running. I wanted a right angle cord being the USB port faces straight down but I couldn't find a shorter right angle cord at the time so I have excessive slack I still need to find a way to secure. 1 foot may be too short as well depending on where you want to mount. The only thing I don't like now that I have the settings adjusted is remotely putting the videos on my phone through the app. It usually just doesn't work. I would plan on removing the SD card from the camera to pull any videos off of it. Not the end of the world as I probably wouldn't pull any video unless I was in a wreck or something.

S650 Mustang Has anyone else gotten this warning? 1704580518292

Last edited:

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I guess I’ll just install with the USB and if it’s no bueno I’ll just do a hardwire.
I’m sure you’re struggling with the app cause you’re using a cheap amazing cam honestly.
I got the Viofo A129 Pro which was mentioned frequently here with the new Starvis 2 sensor

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I guess I’ll just install with the USB and if it’s no bueno I’ll just do a hardwire.
I’m sure you’re struggling with the app cause you’re using a cheap amazing cam honestly.
I got the Viofo A129 Pro which was mentioned frequently here with the new Starvis 2 sensor
I didn't even care about cost honestly. I was trying to find the nicest thing I could that still used a regular USB port. All the higher end stuff I was able to find used Micro USB instead rendering it incompatible with the port in the car. For example, every 4K camera I looked at used Micro USB and I didn't feel like hard wiring. I did notice the other day it was still on when I left the car for about 30 minutes so it will cover you on a grocery store run or gas station stop in case anyone bumps into you or messes with the car while parked.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I didn't even care about cost honestly. I was trying to find the nicest thing I could that still used a regular USB port. All the higher end stuff I was able to find used Micro USB instead rendering it incompatible with the port in the car. For example, every 4K camera I looked at used Micro USB and I didn't feel like hard wiring. I did notice the other day it was still on when I left the car for about 30 minutes so it will cover you on a grocery store run or gas station stop in case anyone bumps into you or messes with the car while parked.
Ya it looks like mine will last about an hour after turning the car off using the USB plug.

justinmiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 2017 mustang v6, 2008 mustang gt
My 2020 mustang gt has been doing the same thing just started recently. And my battery is less than a month old. It has never done this till the past couple of week.
Sponsored