• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So, I got to drive a Dark Horse today

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
All I was saying is that the GT vs DH posts, in general, all seem to eventually spiral down into pissing contests.
I mean, you're not wrong 😂 At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. People need to understand just that. People may not agree with your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. Some are just more vocal than others 🤪

At the end of the day, how about we all just be thankful that we can enjoy this kind of experience still? 🙂 🍻

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I mean, you're not wrong 😂 At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. People need to understand just that. People may not agree with your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. Some are just more vocal than others 🤪

At the end of the day, how about we all just be thankful that we can enjoy this kind of experience still? 🙂 🍻
Agreed.

Now can you stop posting about your lame ass GT and let me tell you how great my DH is? :cwl:

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Agreed.

Now can you stop posting about your lame ass GT and let me tell you how great my DH is? :cwl:
It is worse when you're cruising around in your "GT" with your kid and all they can say is, "OMG! Is that a Dark Horse?!" 😂☠

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Lol, I drive an EcoBoost. 😝
Ecoboosts rock too! I just meant GT vs. DH is a bit silly since both are Coyote V8s.

Actually, I saw a gorgeous one recently. Quad exhaust and all.

S650 Mustang So, I got to drive a Dark Horse today tempImagePpTK6Q

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Ecoboosts rock too! I just meant GT vs. DH is a bit silly since both are Coyote V8s.

Actually, I saw a gorgeous one recently. Quad exhaust and all.

tempImagePpTK6Q.jpg
All good! I've had mine for almost five years and I'll have her fully paid off by August of next year. I'm hoping I can get into a GT sometime shortly after then, but I'll be enjoying my EcoBoost as much as I can in the meantime. (The Active Exhaust makes a world's difference in my experience.)

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
All of these cars are IMHO, fantastic. People have different uses and needs. For me, I tested a 2023 Mach 1, 2024 Dark Horse manual and a GT Premium no PP but most everything else.

I've never even been to the track so for me, that was not an option. I've been modifying cars since the 70's but those days, wonderful as they were, are gone. So I admit I loved the 2023 Mach 1 but the dealer was an extortionist taking bids so I walked.
The DH was a fantastic car, but like the C8 I also tested, it was more car than I needed. Love the looks and you can't go wrong with this one. I settled on a GT premium, auto, 401a, Atlas Blue with a stripe and I love it. People have different needs and requirements and the only correct choice is the one that works for them. Funny story, even though I learned to drive on a stick and have owned 2 in my life, my shifting sucked so bad the sales gal, asked me if I have ever driven a shift car before... She was cute so I just laughed... I WAS pretty bad but never stalled the car... Bottom line, buy what suits you. There is no "best car".

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are those the stock PP rims that come on the s650 GTs? I've seen some thumbnails on Youtube that highlight the PP Rims and those vehicles did not come ordered with the NP PP combo.
No, they are the optional 19" Premier polished aluminum wheels - $895 extra. Available on the EB, EBP, GT, and GTP.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
No, they are the optional 19" Premier polished aluminum wheels - $895 extra. Available on the EB, EBP, GT, and GTP.
Correct. Although in April 2023 when I ordered, they were just another wheel option unlocked with Performance Package. I didn’t pay an upcharge for them.

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Correct. Although in April 2023 when I ordered, they were just another wheel option unlocked with Performance Package. I didn’t pay an upcharge for them.
Understood. And yes you and RoadPilot were right about your responses. I went to the builder and the stock PP rims are carbonized gray. Eventually I'll be in the market for a car such as this loaded up without NP nor Recaros, a M1 Premium w/HP or a Camaro 2SS 1LE (only manuals, no auto), but the PP rims were a little concerning to me.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understood. And yes you and RoadPilot were right about your responses. I went to the builder and the stock PP rims are carbonized gray. Eventually I'll be in the market for a car such as this loaded up without NP nor Recaros, a M1 Premium w/HP or a Camaro 2SS 1LE (only manuals, no auto), but the PP rims were a little concerning to me.
I know those wheels because I had considered buying this exact GT before I finally found my DH:

New 2024 Ford Mustang For Sale | Farmington Hills MI 1FA6P8CF6R5405452 (serrafordfarmingtonhills.com)

S650 Mustang So, I got to drive a Dark Horse today 1714697425250-9z

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I want to comment on this thread but can’t because I’ve never driven a Dark Horse

I can comment on GT vs GT350 as I used to own a PP1 and have driven an S650 PP

The 350 feels like a completely different car … the difference in handling and driving characteristics is massive …

I’m a little surprised on some of the comments I’m reading
If you had a 350R like your tag says… it IS a different car… you’d need to compare it to a dark horse R… a more light weight track specific modern equivalent.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Ford continuing to gatekeep the Tremec behind the Dark Horse and its egregious price tag lost them a sale on my end. Can't justify that package and price tag to get to the baseline driving experience I'd expect

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's great to have the freedom to choose, isn't it, @OppoLock? :thumbsup:
Sponsored