• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Side Bottom Air Deflectors/Strikers

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Has anyone with the performance package received these in their trunk instead of being installed? These were in our trunk when we picked up the car, I kind of assumed they were some sort of licence plate mounting bracket. What exactly are they supposed to do? (please, let's not say deflect air - thank you!) I dont believe they are listed in the performance package? They mount up front, my best guess is to help cool the breaks?
Sponsored

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Don't see anything... what spec car? I believe the handling package get some bolt underneath air ducts. Check for the PDI thread here, think it mentions them.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't see anything... what spec car? I believe the handling package get some bolt underneath air ducts. Check for the PDI thread here, think it mentions them.
It’s a GT Convertible with the performance package.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Has anyone with the performance package received these in their trunk instead of being installed? These were in our trunk when we picked up the car, I kind of assumed they were some sort of licence plate mounting bracket. What exactly are they supposed to do? (please, let's not say deflect air - thank you!) I dont believe they are listed in the performance package? They mount up front, my best guess is to help cool the breaks?
I’m not seeing any pictures here but when we got our 2020 GT convertible the pieces in the trunk are covers, when you put the top down they fill the gaps.

S650 Mustang Side Bottom Air Deflectors/Strikers IMG_4066

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Mine were installed, but maybe only because I opened the trunk and showed them to the PDI guy before he started with it. My dealer didn’t know much about the new features since mine was the first GT they delivered.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Mine were installed, but maybe only because I opened the trunk and showed them to the PDI guy before he started with it. My dealer didn’t know much about the new features since mine was the first GT they delivered.
Most dealers haven't even received their pre-production vehicles for that kinda first look at em which is fucking absurd.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine were in the trunk as well. I also found a nice sized chip in the driver door, driver mirror, dent in driver door where the plastic protector was, chip/dent in passenger quarter panel and a nice deep scratch in the bumper cover next to the right headlight. We took pictures and documented everything and the salesman said they would have to submit it to Ford so they could get it taken care of since it supposedly happened during transport. It also had 25.9 miles on it. Not real happy with this entire experience.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine were in the trunk as well. I also found a nice sized chip in the driver door, driver mirror, dent in driver door where the plastic protector was, chip/dent in passenger quarter panel and a nice deep scratch in the bumper cover next to the right headlight. We took pictures and documented everything and the salesman said they would have to submit it to Ford so they could get it taken care of since it supposedly happened during transport. It also had 25.9 miles on it. Not real happy with this entire experience.
Wow, sorry to hear that. We didn't have anything like that but the protection board under the chassis was filled with gravel! It was a substantial amount and our drivers side wheels (Pirelli P Zeros)are permanently scratched, it wasn't obvious until we removed the poorly applied wheel dressing from the dealership which there is absolutely NO WAY they could have missed the damage! The front under chassis protection as well as the mid protection was scarred from driving over something. I removed both to verify nothing had been damaged behind them and there wasn't fortunately.

We had been looking forward to this car for so long, and these issues have really bummed us out. The dealer CLEARLY didn't perform the PDI. Honestly we are more surprised when we get good service now - Sad thing to say, but it seems to be our new norm.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, sorry to hear that. We didn't have anything like that but the protection board under the chassis was filled with gravel! It was a substantial amount and our drivers side wheels (Pirelli P Zeros)are permanently scratched, it wasn't obvious until we removed the poorly applied wheel dressing from the dealership which there is absolutely NO WAY they could have missed the damage! The front under chassis protection as well as the mid protection was scarred from driving over something. I removed both to verify nothing had been damaged behind them and there wasn't fortunately.

We had been looking forward to this car for so long, and these issues have really bummed us out. The dealer CLEARLY didn't perform the PDI. Honestly we are more surprised when we get good service now - Sad thing to say, but it seems to be our new norm.
Aw man! That’s a bummer. I totally agree with you though, below average is the new normal. I don’t know if they don’t catch it at PDI or if they do see it and just try to pas it on hoping the customer won’t notice until after it leaves the lot and they can claim it wasn’t them because the inspected it
Sponsored