• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6
I installed the Air Design spoiler and side stripes yesterday. I’m happy with the spoiler. The stripes were hard to install because of the body lines, but they look ok. Trying to decide if I should stripe the spoiler when I stripe the trunk lid again.

S650 Mustang Installed Air Design Spoiler + side stripes car1
S650 Mustang Installed Air Design Spoiler + side stripes car2
S650 Mustang Installed Air Design Spoiler + side stripes car3
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Your car, your money. Personally, you could not pay me to put stripes on my cars.

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
to each his own

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
The spoiler looks good but where are the black/white over the top stripes that go on the trunk? Do you still have to put those on?
The side stripes may have been better in white to better match the bright polished nickel color of the rims and stand out more with the paint. Doesn't look bad at all in black, maybe doesn't stand out as much in black placed on bright red paint. Overall looks fine. Customize the car the way you want it to look OP!

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The spoiler looks good but where are the black/white over the top stripes that go on the trunk? Do you still have to put those on?
The side stripes may have been better in white to better match the bright polished nickel color of the rims and stand out more with the paint. Doesn't look bad at all in black, maybe doesn't stand out as much in black placed on bright red paint. Overall looks fine. Customize the car the way you want it to look OP!
I clipped the trunk lid with the garage door last fall and they had to repaint the trunk, so they had to remove the stripes.

nc24gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Premium coupe, 01 GT coupe, 94 GT coupe
Hi, IMO the spoiler bring the looks of your paint color out more. I also agree your car. Your money customize it the way you want. ,

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, IMO the spoiler bring the looks of your paint color out more. I also agree your car. Your money customize it the way you want. ,
Thank you!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I'd leave the spoiler just like it is. I think it looks great on there and has good contrast with the trunk lid.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I would put the stripes on the back to complete the look. I feel that it looks a bit unfinished without them. I think also wrapping the mirror caps to match the spoiler would look really nice.

I dig the side stripes. They make the car look like the S197, and I love that.

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bweber Like the spoiler. Do you think it fits a conv? I cant believe the back 2 inches on the conv are different from the coupe. Be sure to include pics when you get the whole car completed
I think that I saw somewhere that a person put this spoiler on a convertible

aternie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I installed the Air Design spoiler and side stripes yesterday. I’m happy with the spoiler. The stripes were hard to install because of the body lines, but they look ok. Trying to decide if I should stripe the spoiler when I stripe the trunk lid again.

car1.jpg
car2.jpg
car3.jpg
How does this spoiler install? Does it use the existing holes from the existing OEM spoiler, or does it go on with some sort of adhesive?

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does this spoiler install? Does it use the existing holes from the existing OEM spoiler, or does it go on with some sort of adhesive?
It has automotive double sided tape and you put the included silicon adhesive into channels around the perimeter. No bolts.
Sponsored