• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How are spoilers installed?

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
How are spoilers installed? You ever worry about buying a car from factory and them not installing the wing straight or even off by a few millimetres?
Sponsored

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
if you're worried about something that small, you're best off not buying a vehicle made in the US, American manufacturers are known for their panel gaps and the like

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
if you're worried about something that small, you're best off not buying a vehicle made in the US, American manufacturers are known for their panel gaps and the like
Understood. Crazy the money we pay, and still we have those issues.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
How are spoilers installed? You ever worry about buying a car from factory and them not installing the wing straight or even off by a few millimetres?
Honestly, if you’re worried about anything on a new Mustang being off by a few millimeters don’t buy one. It’s more of an expectation.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Honestly, if you’re worried about anything on a new Mustang being off by a few millimeters don’t buy one. It’s more of an expectation.
Damn! Never knew ford had this reputation!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I've come to love my car's imperfections. Good for a laugh. :giggle:

Whomever was working on my car on the left side was either tired, recovering from the weekend, facing unemployment, or under the influence. :crazy:

- Driver's side door a little off. The upper part of the door is a bit more out than bottom

- Left side interior, somewhere in the dash, is a rattle, heard occasionally

- Left side marker light not fully affixed. Connectors appear OK. Just doesn't seat well

Not everyone encounters such things, but yea, it's considered "normal".

None of these issues are irritating or significant enough to make me want to change them. They aren't soo bad. Just things you notice :inspect:if you're with the car for a while. I chuckle and move on.

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
"Have you driven a Ford lately
?" This should be the standard response.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Damn! Never knew ford had this reputation!
It doesn't, but if you're that worried about (or can even notice) a few mm variance then you're never going to be happy with a vehicle.

I can't imagine what a salesman is going to think when you're on the lot looking at a vehicle and you bust out the micrometer and start measuring panel gaps and spoiler alignments and then go "well this spoiler is off by 1mm to the left" so I'm going to pass on this vehicle.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
I've come to love my car's imperfections. Good for a laugh. :giggle:

Whomever was working on my car on the left side was either tired, recovering from the weekend, facing unemployment, or under the influence. :crazy:
I have mentioned it many times before but it's always good to remember :D
and set somewhat the level of expectations (at least for myself)

#1: The antenna or whatever it is(for the alarm) in the middle of the the dash by the windshield was loose when I picked up my car

#2: One clip on the rear fender was not even seated when picked up the car

#3: Driver door needed adjustment sticking out quite a bit when I picked up the car

#4: Got home saw that the passenger door had nudged the front fender both which had chipped the paint of on both panels

#5: Trunk lid nudged the fender both panels chipped

#6: Paint from the trunklid had transferred to the weather seal, so the seal was blue and barely any paint left on the lid

#7: Window trims around both rear side windows (the section that point to the rear of the car) I could put a finger in behind both trims :D

When I realized point 6 and 7 and they started bullshitting that it would not be covered by warranty potentially when I decided I had enough of the car.

This on top of the other mechanical issues I had(long block replaced ...)

And still I would like to have one again :D, not sure why ....

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, GT350
Yea, because Brittish, French, and others are so well built. Lolol. Never understood the American auto bashing. Go live in Europe for a while and see the trash daily drivers they're scooting around in. And don't get me started about how German and Italian panel gaps are so perfect. We import those here because they're special. We aren't importing the rest of the garbage those countries make.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
This discussion kind of leans into what to do when picking up the car. From my experience...at pickup.

- Do a thorough visual inspection. Most items captured are harmless, but some might not be

- Get in an drive the car, just down the street even and back. Pop the hood, look underneath the car

- Function check almost everything possible

If things look and work well, it's often a good idea to get the car out their hands as quickly as possible. Many ask the dealer not to clean or detail the car.

Certainly, there's the Ford warranty. But then there are topics like the attached, which describe some of the body work support (or not). Bodywork concerns in-particular, are something to discuss sooner.

The dealer can and does file claims against the shippers (when using Ford-sponsored transit companies), if something is thought to have been damaged in transit; they'll discuss this with you at pick-up. You have nothing to do with a claim; it's between the dealer and the Ford shipper. The dealer continues to support you directly.

For those purchasing a vehicle from a away dealer, hiring shippers yourself and taking receipt of the car at home, discuss all the what-ifs with the dealer and shipper beforehand.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2022
It least it's above 1980s Fiat Panda quality. You could "enjoy" the "car" for about 3 years, then it was gone, disintegrated into red dust. Quality didn't exist either.
Eh.. my new ride makes a noise when opening the trunk, no clue where that comes from, but it's "ok"! It's a Ford! Maybe it goes away after opening and closing the trunk a thousand times, who knows, maybe it gets worse. :clap:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
How are spoilers installed?
To answer your first question...the trunk has holes in it and the spoiler has studs that go in those holes. So it can only go in exactly where the holes are, it can't be attached slightly left or right of those otherwise the stud won't go through. And it's a pretty tight fit, so there's not much wiggle room in the holes.

So unless the holes are punched in the panel incorrectly at the factory, the spoiler will only go in where the holes are.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
To answer your first question...the trunk has holes in it and the spoiler has studs that go in those holes. So it can only go in exactly where the holes are, it can't be attached slightly left or right of those otherwise the stud won't go through. And it's a pretty tight fit, so there's not much wiggle room in the holes.

So unless the holes are punched in the panel incorrectly at the factory, the spoiler will only go in where the holes are.
there is still room for misalignment, however I am assuming they are using a jig and don't let Karen or Joe decide the mounting by themselves :D

also there are cases where the adhesive have let go on the OEM spoilers :(
Sponsored