• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How are spoilers installed?

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
To answer your first question...the trunk has holes in it and the spoiler has studs that go in those holes. So it can only go in exactly where the holes are, it can't be attached slightly left or right of those otherwise the stud won't go through. And it's a pretty tight fit, so there's not much wiggle room in the holes.

So unless the holes are punched in the panel incorrectly at the factory, the spoiler will only go in where the holes are.
Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
there is still room for misalignment, however I am assuming they are using a jig and don't let Karen or Joe decide the mounting by themselves :D

also there are cases where the adhesive have let go on the OEM spoilers :(
I’m sure there are supervisors checking etc. And yeah with a V8 Rumble, the adhesive is bound to go. Haha!

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
If the GT I ordered coming soon ( shipped on 29th of Feb) comes in with any of body defect it will be a no sale. I could live with some of them 4 years ago when GTs were $30k something, but at over $50k price point its unacceptable. I have purschased manny new vehicle ( 68 ) and never encountered such defects. One Explorer had a small dent on a fender but the dent guys took care of it. I really like the V8 sound and power but I can't overlook bad build quality. My $.02 worth.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I concur with the studly hole explanation and simply add. Yes, I’ll admit to petting the worry wart on occasion. However, since it ain’t yours until bought you get the chance to look it over and decide for yourself. If it looks cattywampus compare to others, if all the same or very similar then chalk it up to manufacturing and either decide to accept as is and maybe adjust / fix or regretfully pass and hopefully the next attempt will be more matching to the satisfaction.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
I had read a while ago that build quality at the beginning of the production run for the S650s was so bad, they stopped production until they could get it right. Mine was built in November 2023, and when I picked it up on December 26, it was perfect. And I picked it up a couple of hours after it was unloaded from the truck, so the dealer didn't have to do anything but remove all the shipping junk and "detail" it.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
If you all want to feel better about your cars, Id be more than happy to post some pictures of the panel gaps on my 350R

Will make you feel like you bought precision built Lexus after you see the issues on my car lol

Luckily- my car sounds good enough to make me not think about the build quality lol

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Not worried about it being off but mine did have some missing paint/paint chips. I touched it up with a paint pen.
S650 Mustang How are spoilers installed? tempImageK2t0ND

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
.... and here's me thinking this was a topic about spoilers. :crazy:
Sponsored