• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Since rear wings and spoilers attach to that removeable piece on the trunk lid, is it possible to swap spoilers by swapping that entire piece?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hopefully I'm phrasing this the right way. On the S550, wings and spoilers were all drilled into the decklid. On the S650, there's a removeable piece that attaches to the decklid itself and wings and spoilers are attached to that (and bolted to the decklid). Is it possible to remove a wing or spoiler by removing that piece WITHOUT having to remove the wing from it first? Basically, I was wondering if you could buy a second decklid panel and attach a different spoiler to it and swap between the two looks. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Hopefully I'm phrasing this the right way. On the S550, wings and spoilers were all drilled into the decklid. On the S650, there's a removeable piece that attaches to the decklid itself and wings and spoilers are attached to that (and bolted to the decklid). Is it possible to remove a wing or spoiler by removing that piece WITHOUT having to remove the wing from it first? Basically, I was wondering if you could buy a second decklid panel and attach a different spoiler to it and swap between the two looks. Thanks for the help!
Yes you can. The Spoiler js just attached with 2 10mm bolts and adhesive, to that plastic cover the reverse camera lives in. There are like 9 10mm bolts holding that housing to the decklid itself, in which you do not have to remove the 2 separate 10mm bolts from the Spoiler, to remove that cover with Spoiler at the same time. I hope this makes sense.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I attached the instructions RTR provided me when I was looking to know how to remove the Spoiler, I didn't buy an RTR Spoiler, they were just helpful to proved these. You would remove all bolts, BESIDES the 2 under need the rubber grommets as it is labeled in the instructions.

Attachments

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes you can. The Spoiler js just attached with 2 10mm bolts and adhesive, to that plastic cover the reverse camera lives in. There are like 9 10mm bolts holding that housing to the decklid itself, in which you do not have to remove the 2 separate 10mm bolts from the Spoiler, to remove that cover with Spoiler at the same time. I hope this makes sense.
It does, thanks for the help, and I appreciate you attaching the RTR instructions!

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does, thanks for the help, and I appreciate you attaching the RTR instructions!
Anytime, I just took my Spoiler off to get painted this morning. If you plan on doing the Spoiler, beware the adhesive it TOUGH, and don't use fishing line as you may etch into the plastic panel. I did, nothing serious and will be covered by the Spoiler, but nonetheless lol.

JoesProGTO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Pro Street 74 GTO, 2024 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Since this configuration is so different from the S550, I now understand why the aftermarket has been slow in spoiler development for the S650🧐. I like the modularity of it and the prospect of not HAVING to deal with the adhesive if the entire assembly is available.
Sponsored