• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many are regretting

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Y'all have got to get past a mere 20ish miles on your cars at delivery. These things go through testing at FRAP and are driven off and on rail cars and trucks. Look at a satellite image of FRAP....it's huge! Unless someone can show me proof I highly doubt anyone is hot rodding your cars. I had 18 miles on mine at delivery, and yes it also took 3 weeks. I don't think anyone was out hot rodding her or doing burnouts. I do think she sat at the Birmingham railyard for 2 weeks and probably had to be moved a few times, but it is what it is. Neither my salesman nor I had any control over it. I absolutely love my car and have zero regrets. Now if you have 80-100 or more miles, sure you should ask some questions. I wouldn't fret about 20 miles though. That's not that uncommon.
My 2024 Mustang had something like 3 miles on it when I took delivery. My wife's VW had 60 miles on it when we took delivery. VW said it's typical and showed me some other cars on the lot and they are all at least 40 miles on odometer. I would start asking, as you say, at 80 - 100 miles. That's a little high IMHO.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
My 2024 Mustang had something like 3 miles on it when I took delivery. My wife's VW had 60 miles on it when we took delivery. VW said it's typical and showed me some other cars on the lot and they are all at least 40 miles on odometer. I would start asking, as you say, at 80 - 100 miles. That's a little high IMHO.
I do wish mine would have also only had 3 miles on it. Would've been awesome, but no way I was refusing delivery as everything else was exactly as I had requested from the dealer. Very happy for you that yours did, though!

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Pretty sure they handle hundred of cars.
No one is that interested in joy driving a mustang.
I would think so if it was a special edition, say GT500 … but not an eco boost or GT

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
To me...the biggest problem is no longer the screens but how they are utilized... this looks horrible to me... either make the screens smaller or make the graphics larger... this makes it look like part of the screen is burned out...
4.jpg
This looks odd to me. My gauges are not that small or at least they don’t appear to be like yours are. Anyone else have the gauges this small??

24 vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT premium convertible PP
If I could go 60 days back in time I would not purchase. Seems like Ford issues with UAW are affecting build quality and the dealers already have enough volume with the baseline build quality that the new issues can't really be dealt with / don't have enough time / experience to handle.

Two Fords prior back in the '90s and of those worked great. This is first new Ford. Owned everything from Honda to Aston Martin. Air conditioning failed in the first 3 hours. Dealer refilled it stating they probably forgot to fill it at the factory. Not very reassuring. Failed again 30 days later. They couldn't look at the car for a week. Then they couldn't find the leak for a week. Then they needed parts which took another few days. Clutch problems within the first 500 to 600 miles which of course the dealer "cannot duplicate." Despite going to two dealers on two different visits. Lug locks which were supposed to be installed at PDI sitting in the trunk which is a dealer issue. Hood was crooked as many others have experienced. Blown door speaker from the factory. Issues with the paint/seam sealing around the windshield that looks like it can cause a corrosion issue down the line but they don't want to fix anything now because it'll require pulling the windshield out... All this happened even before I made my first payment because these are all factory quality issues. And, of course, Ford customer service giving me the runaround.(The listed party that's responsible for the customer service issue was on vacation. Nobody else would take responsibility. People repeatedly giving me the wrong extension even by email. ) Same headaches with 2 different dealerships.

Even if the price was good and the financing was good, the lack of after sales support leaves me with such a bad taste in my mouth that not only will I never buy a Ford product again. I will go out of my way to make sure people know not to buy one. The defects are one thing but if you get them fixed quickly and get people back on the road that's fine. I'm lucky enough to own three different cars and just take something else. What's the point of a fun car if everything you get to do with it isn't fun?(Spending hours on the phone with Ford to get a live person, writing emails that don't get responded to, leaving messages for people that don't call back. Driving 30-40 minutes back and forth to the dealership to hear the same garbage again and again.)

The Batfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue EcoBoost Batstang,06 Ford Ranger
yeah not 100% sure I would buy mine due to all the issues I have had with transport to me and the damage I am dealing with ( my own fault yes but still a factor) issues with the infotainment system is getting to be a total nuisance its happening every time I drive the car now.. 100% not happy with the gas mileage the eco boost should be getting way better than 12-13.9 miles in the city and I dont even accelerate hard.. not happy with no front parking sensor or camera that I am scared I am going to run over something... no actual backseat I really didnt pay attention to this till after I had gotten the car... also sometimes it feels like it has pep other times it feels slow as a normal 4 banger.....

Aufenscuht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0I
If I could go 60 days back in time I would not purchase. Seems like Ford issues with UAW are affecting build quality and the dealers already have enough volume with the baseline build quality that the new issues can't really be dealt with / don't have enough time / experience to handle.

Two Fords prior back in the '90s and of those worked great. This is first new Ford. Owned everything from Honda to Aston Martin. Air conditioning failed in the first 3 hours. Dealer refilled it stating they probably forgot to fill it at the factory. Not very reassuring. Failed again 30 days later. They couldn't look at the car for a week. Then they couldn't find the leak for a week. Then they needed parts which took another few days. Clutch problems within the first 500 to 600 miles which of course the dealer "cannot duplicate." Despite going to two dealers on two different visits. Lug locks which were supposed to be installed at PDI sitting in the trunk which is a dealer issue. Hood was crooked as many others have experienced. Blown door speaker from the factory. Issues with the paint/seam sealing around the windshield that looks like it can cause a corrosion issue down the line but they don't want to fix anything now because it'll require pulling the windshield out... All this happened even before I made my first payment because these are all factory quality issues. And, of course, Ford customer service giving me the runaround.(The listed party that's responsible for the customer service issue was on vacation. Nobody else would take responsibility. People repeatedly giving me the wrong extension even by email. ) Same headaches with 2 different dealerships.

Even if the price was good and the financing was good, the lack of after sales support leaves me with such a bad taste in my mouth that not only will I never buy a Ford product again. I will go out of my way to make sure people know not to buy one. The defects are one thing but if you get them fixed quickly and get people back on the road that's fine. I'm lucky enough to own three different cars and just take something else. What's the point of a fun car if everything you get to do with it isn't fun?(Spending hours on the phone with Ford to get a live person, writing emails that don't get responded to, leaving messages for people that don't call back. Driving 30-40 minutes back and forth to the dealership to hear the same garbage again and again.)
Ouch. No such problems out of my base GT. However, the after sale support sucks badly. I have been fighting with the dealer, Ford Credit, and their customer relations department in MI. I bought the car in MO and got a great deal on an active exhaust base model. Around 41k. The sales manager put an extended warranty on the vehicle through Zurich (no, NOT FOMOCO, wtf?!) I told him with a witness that I do NOT want it. Nice enough guy, but still managed to stick in on there. I realized this after I got home. Nonetheless, im still fighting with them. No one can give me an answer. I am being hot potatoed almost daily. Today, I finally realized through being Sherlock Fn Holmes that the ambesyl that wrote the check, wrote it to the wrong place. Apparently, the check still got cashed and my account not credited. No one knows what the hell is going on. This is the short version. As of today, they are overnighting another check after asking multiple times for them to put stop payment and send the check in my name to me. Just absolutely moronic.
Sponsored