• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Side Bottom Air Deflectors/Strikers

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Mine were in the trunk as well. I also found a nice sized chip in the driver door, driver mirror, dent in driver door where the plastic protector was, chip/dent in passenger quarter panel and a nice deep scratch in the bumper cover next to the right headlight. We took pictures and documented everything and the salesman said they would have to submit it to Ford so they could get it taken care of since it supposedly happened during transport. It also had 25.9 miles on it. Not real happy with this entire experience.
I’d be pissed. If it came in and sat on lot and was not one you had built, I could see it having that many miles on it, but not with YOU ordering it. They had canceled mine (per me, but was already in production) itluckily had just sat out that day and being at dealer four day ,had like 6 or 7 miles on it.

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
It's clearly on the PDI to install them. I'm sure only half the dealers really look at it.

Make sure you all check for the shipping blocks in the front springs. That's a common thing missed too. They are bright yellow
How does one remove these lol. I haven't checked mine

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Mine came installed. The locking lug-nuts were in the trunk. It's like they read my mind. I checked underneath when I picked it up to make sure. They should be easy to install if you want to do it yourself, I'll try to get good pics if I can get a lift open.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
The directions are in the fricken bag! They are stupid and lazy
And then you have to question how competent they would be with normal service work. :lipssealed:

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I told them I wanted everything, papers, ect. That came with the car. And they threw everything in the trunk. All the directions for the add ons, and factory paperwork were all there. They even saved the seat plastic for me.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm glad that I saw this thread before I picked my car up. First thing I checked after doing a walk around was the trunk and there was the bag with the deflectors sitting in the trunk. They immediately ran the car back to service to install them when I pulled the bag out and showed it to the sales rep.

Mullethunter324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Mine were also sitting in the trunk. Brought it back to the dealer since I didn't check until after I got home and they had no issue throwing it up in the air and putting them on. In and out in 15 minutes for me.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Saw a Ember Blue DH at a local dealer the other day and they had not put on the front "strakes." Salesmen said he saw them in the trunk, but wasn't sure what they were for. I told him where they go (PDI department should put it on a lift...to make it easier). I showed him pics and gave him the installation instructions so that the guys in PDI could do the job.
What really gets me is why the factory doesn't put them in...after all the rear "strakes" on there on the rear? Leaving it up to the PDI folks is simply asking for trouble. Then again...leaving them off, probably isn't the end of the world. They can't exert that much downforce to the front of the vehicle...heck, the regular GT (not the one with the Performance Package) doesn't have them. I've already let my salesmen know that when my DH arrives, the PDI department must install them along checking for "transit spacers" in the front coils and rear shocks. They will need to remove them as well.
Sponsored