• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Side Bottom Air Deflectors/Strikers

Grabber71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone with the performance package received these in their trunk instead of being installed? These were in our trunk when we picked up the car, I kind of assumed they were some sort of licence plate mounting bracket. What exactly are they supposed to do? (please, let's not say deflect air - thank you!) I dont believe they are listed in the performance package? They mount up front, my best guess is to help cool the breaks?
Picked up my GT with performance pack and they also were not installed. Here’s a pic, cut the wheel hard left or right, laid on the ground and took about 10 minutes per side.

S650 Mustang Side Bottom Air Deflectors/Strikers IMG_7924
Sponsored

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
It's clearly on the PDI to install them. I'm sure only half the dealers really look at it.

Make sure you all check for the shipping blocks in the front springs. That's a common thing missed too. They are bright yellow

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I just looked in my trunk and I have no convertible top side covers 😕

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
I was told that the convertible covers no longer came with the car but there were still available through Ford?

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
By the way...on my DH the clearance from ground to strakes. About 2 3/4", yikes

S650 Mustang Side Bottom Air Deflectors/Strikers 20230910_125038

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
Mine were in the trunk as well. I also found a nice sized chip in the driver door, driver mirror, dent in driver door where the plastic protector was, chip/dent in passenger quarter panel and a nice deep scratch in the bumper cover next to the right headlight. We took pictures and documented everything and the salesman said they would have to submit it to Ford so they could get it taken care of since it supposedly happened during transport. It also had 25.9 miles on it. Not real happy with this entire experience.
WTF?!? The dents and dings are enough to make you mad, but some guy putting that many miles on it is bullshit! Hope they take care of it for you.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
By the way...on my DH the clearance from ground to strakes. About 2 3/4", yikes
The speed bumps and driveway curbs are higher than that around here. I hope mine isn't that low.

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible
Same with me. Convertible with performance pack. They were in the trunk not installed. Not sure where they go.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
WTF?!? The dents and dings are enough to make you mad, but some guy putting that many miles on it is bullshit! Hope they take care of it for you.
I’ll find out after work today ha they plan to do. It’s useless calling them so I have to make a point by stopping in the dealership. It sucks.
Has anyone with the performance package received these in their trunk instead of being installed? These were in our trunk when we picked up the car, I kind of assumed they were some sort of licence plate mounting bracket. What exactly are they supposed to do? (please, let's not say deflect air - thank you!) I dont believe they are listed in the performance package? They mount up front, my best guess is to help cool the breaks?
Is anyone else missing the emblem on the strut bar?

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible
mine did not come with them either and I was told that this model is “too new” right now for that or something. The air deflectors were also not installed.
Sponsored