• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Should I start my Youtube Channel with my 24 GT?

Should I start a Youtube Channel with my 2024 GT

• Total voters

Ken Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport/ 2016 Subaru WRX STI
My ETA for my 2024 GT Vapor Blue, 301A, PP, Active Exhaust is July 10th. I see how there is a shortage of videos out there for reviews, POV's, Walk arounds, etc... I have talked to my wife about starting a Youtube channel with the mustang and providing content for all the buyers patiently waiting. Would there be a large enough audience for that? I feel like there are thousands of people that would enjoy fresh new 2024 Mustang content.

I would film taking delivery, the final cost breakdown, first impressions, sounds clips and signing the paperwork in my first Vlog.
Sponsored

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Was thinking of doing the same but prob tik tok as I like the quick videos vs long ones. I donā€™t think you can have to much information especially as there is so little out there right now so Iā€™d say go for it

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Just be prepared to transition your content since those subjects will only get you so far. A lot of people started up youtube channels for their New C8's and no one watches those anymore. Make sure you are constantly doing new things to your Mustang/channel like adding new parts, collabing with others, and/or expanding your car fleet. This will help your channel become sustainable.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
YouTube is always a fight against the algorythm. Since there are tons of big channels that will feature the new Mustang all the time, don't expect to suddenly be recommended by YouTube to anyone. The first big obstacle is reaching the necessary views and subs to actually become a partner (which means getting confirmed for being paid for ads), before that youtube is bascially not interested in pushing your videos into anyones recommendations since they won't make good money of your video.

I have a german channel about american cars that recently reached 20k subs. My advice is just do it if you have fun recording yourself, investing in good equipment and learning to work with the equpiment, getting to know video editing tools, learning how to make videos on point, etc. There are enough horribly bad channels where a guy just films himself in his garage talking 20 minutes for maybe 1 minute of actual informations. If you have fun creating content, do it.

But i you want to do it to make money, become big, etc - Just don't. It's a lot of actual work to produce content. And even if you invested a lot of time in some videos you never know if youtube algorythm will actually push your video to viewers.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Popular vids will be
1. Weighing the car.
2. 1/4 mile stock
3. 60-130 dragy vids
4. Progressive mods and subsequent track and dragy vids.

thatā€™s the sauce bro!
Vids that get the most clicks are carnage videosā€¦ bend a rod, crack block smoke trans etc..
It takes real commitment to get the clicks!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
... There are enough horribly bad channels where a guy just films himself in his garage talking 20 minutes for maybe 1 minute of actual informations....
Yes, this is the problem with most, who I stop watching only after a few videos.
Most of the dribble they come out with has nothing to do with the video title.
Some of these no-hoper Stallions will rave on about other shit even whilst stopping at the gas station filling up etc. No one is remotely intersted in that shit - get on with the actual point of the video.

Some blatantly stretch out what should be a 3 - 4 minute video to beyond 8 minutes... purely so they can enable their [monitized channel's] mid-roll ads. This is on top of the 2 - 3 minute in-video promotional plug for something else. They treat their viewers like fools doing this, especially when it becomes obvious. If it's 8+ minutes of actual watchable on-topic content to begin with, then fair enough.

Most of them constantly wander around shooting in selfie-stick mode which is just irritating after awhile, and makes you want to reach for the air-sick bag.

And then there's something you will never see in professionally shot and editing productions - the dreaded jump cut edits. Not as a cinematic effect, but because they are editing out their stumbles without visually covering it up. Some of these losers will have edits every few words. I mean, FFS, go back and re-shoot a sequence if it's that bad and you're not prepared to cover these up in editing.

If you're shooting this alone, you can have a professional looking video using these basic principals;

ā€¢ Mount your camera on a tripod (there are phone/tripod adpators if you want to shoot with a phone), so it isn't vomit inducing wobble-cam, especially with your intro and wrap up.

ā€¢ If you must walk around with the camera - use a stabilizer/gymbal - slow and steady. Think of Joe Raiti from Raiti's Rides - very watchable even though it's all hand-held.

ā€¢ Wear a radio mic, so we can always hear you properly

ā€¢ Shoot you master wide shot(s) first

ā€¢ Shoot lots of B-Roll (close ups etc of what you just spoke about, worrying about continuity will come later). Keep it visually engaging with lots of different shots, not just one wobbly never-ending irritating whiz pan.

If you stumble, no problem - as you'll be editing a "bed" which will sound good but be full of ugly visual jump cuts - which are covered up with vision-only edits using the B-Roll footage you shot.

ā€¢ We want to see what you're actually talking about - NOT YOU most of the time (no offense, but there's enough attention-seekers out there already)

I've been working in TV production for 30+ years, and I can't watch most of these randoms on Youtube anymore, especially when a few simple things could improve their content by a country mile. But for them it's all about seeking the most attention with the least effort, rather than producing informative, engaging and watchable content... which does take some effort.

$0.02

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
You hit the nail on the head. The thing is: All of this costs money and time. A good edited 10 minute video can easily take 5-8 hours from writing a script, shooting to editing to being ready for release. A lot of Youtbers just get a gopro and start talking. Best example how not to do it is Lethal Camaro or Stangmode, I really don't get why so many people watch their content. It's full of obviously false rumors, clickbait und low quality produced content.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
Yes, this is the problem with most, who I stop watching only after a few videos.
Most of the dribble they come out with has nothing to do with the video title.
Some of these no-hoper Stallions will rave on about other shit even whilst stopping at the gas station filling up etc. No one is remotely intersted in that shit - get on with the actual point of the video.

Some blatantly stretch out what should be a 3 - 4 minute video to beyond 8 minutes... purely so they can enable their [monitized channel's] mid-roll ads. This is on top of the 2 - 3 minute in-video promotional plug for something else. They treat their viewers like fools doing this, especially when it becomes obvious. If it's 8+ minutes of actual watchable on-topic content to begin with, then fair enough.

Most of them constantly wander around shooting in selfie-stick mode which is just irritating after awhile, and makes you want to reach for the air-sick bag.

And then there's something you will never see in professionally shot and editing productions - the dreaded jump cut edits. Not as a cinematic effect, but because they are editing out their stumbles without visually covering it up. Some of these losers will have edits every few words. I mean, FFS, go back and re-shoot a sequence if it's that bad and you're not prepared to cover these up in editing.

If you're shooting this alone, you can have a professional looking video using these basic principals;

ā€¢ Mount your camera on a tripod (there are phone/tripod adpators if you want to shoot with a phone), so it isn't vomit inducing wobble-cam, especially with your intro and wrap up.

ā€¢ If you must walk around with the camera - use a stabilizer/gymbal - slow and steady. Think of Joe Raiti from Raiti's Rides - very watchable even though it's all hand-held.

ā€¢ Wear a radio mic, so we can always hear you properly

ā€¢ Shoot you master wide shot(s) first

ā€¢ Shoot lots of B-Roll (close ups etc of what you just spoke about, worrying about continuity will come later). Keep it visually engaging with lots of different shots, not just one wobbly never-ending irritating whiz pan.

If you stumble, no problem - as you'll be editing a "bed" which will sound good but be full of ugly visual jump cuts - which are covered up with vision-only edits using the B-Roll footage you shot.

ā€¢ We want to see what you're actually talking about - NOT YOU most of the time (no offense, but there's enough attention-seekers out there already)

I've been working in TV production for 30+ years, and I can't watch most of these randoms on Youtube anymore, especially when a few simple things could improve their content by a country mile. But for them it's all about seeking the most attention with the least effort, rather than producing informative, engaging and watchable content... which does take some effort.

$0.02
I know what you mean. Top YouTube car Reviewers like Throttle house, autotrader UK, and Jason Cammisa w/Hagerty spend a lot of time producing and planning. Not just walking around with a camera rambling and shaking the viewer to death. They also donā€™t use cell phones for their footage.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I know what you mean. Top YouTube car Reviewers like Throttle house, autotrader UK, and Jason Cammisa w/Hagerty spend a lot of time producing and planning. Not just walking around with a camera rambling and shaking the viewer to death. They also donā€™t use cell phones for their footage.
Not forgetting "Extra Throttle House", which is a minimalistic version of the main channel.
Just goes to prove you can create great content without a full production team and $$$$.
All this can be done with one camera, a tripod, radio mics, and some B Roll.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
My ETA for my 2024 GT Vapor Blue, 301A, PP, Active Exhaust is July 10th. I see how there is a shortage of videos out there for reviews, POV's, Walk arounds, etc... I have talked to my wife about starting a Youtube channel with the mustang and providing content for all the buyers patiently waiting. Would there be a large enough audience for that? I feel like there are thousands of people that would enjoy fresh new 2024 Mustang content.

I would film taking delivery, the final cost breakdown, first impressions, sounds clips and signing the paperwork in my first Vlog.
Definitely should do it! Who knows you might get a million views. I would watch it.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
But you donā€™t need an expensive camera to make quality content and even a cell phone is great especially if you have a newer one especially if itā€™s an iPhone (I am biased lol) just looks at MKBHDs autofocus channel I bet you couldnā€™t tell that it was shot entirely on an iPhone. It has never been easier to make high quality looking content if you are willing to put in the work.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Not sure about a channel, but I'm a photographer so I'll probably make a couple videos. Should hopefully be here about the same time!

GT 301A in Grabber blue, PP, Active exhaust, Nite pony and blue calipers