• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Should I order the Performance Package & MagneRide on a GT Convertible if I don't like the wheels it comes with or should I

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
skip those 2 options and just spend the $7k in savings on performance goodies including wheels I do like? This is a dilemma because I don't like the wheels the performance pack comes with very much. I found these wheels made by Apex I really like that would also reduce my unsprung weight by about 60lbs. The wheels are about $3500 so I'm guessing I would be around $5000 with some good Summer tires and maybe have another $2000 to play with or pocket. My other option would be to order the Performance Package & MagneRide and still swap the wheels out although I feel like the extra $5K on top of that option is getting too high at that point. Mostly, I never owned a S550 and I'm just not sure how much I'm really losing out on by not ordering the car with those things or if those options aren't that valuable on a convertible possibly. I'm not sure how much those options impact ride quality and handling. What do you recommend I do? I'm torn and need advice. I would especially be interested in hearing from anyone who has driven both a S550 with and without the performance pack & magneride.

S650 Mustang Should I order the Performance Package & MagneRide on a GT Convertible if I don't like the wheels it comes with or should I Silver Wheel
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The pp is a pointless package on all fronts. It's value add on street is nothing and it's use on track is significantly lacking. The problem is it's only way to get magneride which does have utility, and 3.73 with Torsen. Like GM Ford needs to get a clue and break magride out as an independent option.

So it comes down to how badly do you want magneride.

Last edited:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Has anyone ever added Magneride after the fact?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I went through this dilemma on my build and have done some pretty extensive research on 6th gen forums on the matter.
The consensus is generally that the Performance Pack costs too much for what you get, especially considering the amount of people who consider it lacking for any sort or true performance upgrade.
However, the MagneRide seems highly praised for what it does, even though you would still likely upgrade some suspension components for that system too.

So essentially the decision is to either get MagneRide or not get it. For ~$7700, the MagneRide is significantly overpriced considering the amount it would take in aftermarket to give you a better suspension for half the price.
Again however, for those that have the money and want the best factory suspension, MagneRide can seem like a no brainer.

I do however, believe that the Brembo upgrade is worth it. I added it to my build, even if I could upgrade immediately for about ~$1300 on my own.

Finally, my final factor was total price. My loaded GT was already $56k. For $63k the price steps into DarkHorse money, C7 Z06 money, base C8 money, BMW M money, CTS-V/Ct4-4 money.

To get everything I wanted knowing I would want to upgrade suspension and wheels almost immediately (even though I won’t for a while), loaded GT w/o PP+MagneRide was my decision. If I had the money to spend though, MagneRide would be a much harder decision.
Sponsored