• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Should I keep my Oxford White order or switch to Race Red?

Switch to Race Red or stay with Oxford White?

• Total voters

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I currently have an Oxford White GT with PP and NP on order. I’ve always liked white cars but lately I’ve been starting to like the Race Red a lot too, especially with NP.

How hard is it to keep red clean compared to white? Does dirt show faster on red?
Sponsored

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
That race red with the NP coupe just kills man. If I wasn’t getting a vert I would have had the race red hands down

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I've got a truck that is close to race red. I don't think it shows dirt worse than most other colors. Sometimes, better I think. I keep it clean with general techniques and products, use a paint sealer occasionally. 15 years on, still shows very well.

Regarding making the change, I would. Sitting in a parking lot or commuter traffic, one's often met with a sea of white, silver, grey and black. Everything just kind of blends in together. While some of the said colors can look great on their own, I'd rather have something unique and different. Something more vibrant. Race Red is one of those colors.

Last edited:

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Race red with PP and NP is really good looking. That has my vote.

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I feel your pain, as I'm torn between Oxford White and Rapid Red.
Even though I've been touring car yards and meeting up with S550 owners to look at colours, it's a tough choice.

Unlike white, highly saturated colours tend to show signs of uneven fade.

Q) How many older red and yellow cars (across all brands) have you seen running around that have horizontal surfaces (hoods, trunks, roofs) that have faded at a different rate to verticals (doors, guards), due to the Sun's UV?
A) Plenty. They look terrible.
If you only plan on keeping it < 10 years, and it's mostly garaged, then not a problem.

My only issue with OW is that it lacks the "pop" of a metallic colour.
But down under most cars here are white, silver, grey, black, or red - very limited palette and BORING.

The S650 looks great in Grabber Blue, but I would never order that myself.
Some of your responses will be like that, colours people like the idea of, but would never buy themselves.

However, this is your decision alone.
All you are seeking with this poll is confirmation bias.

What if you go with the poll result, and start regretting that soon after, because one anonymous random on a forum (like me) tipped it to one colour?
Go with your gut feeling.

First world problems.
I do like Race Red but the fading is one thing that worries me. I'm still leaning towards white but there are a lot of white/black/silver cars on the road and I'm thinking of getting something that stands out. I think the white with the PP and NP is a good combination and will help stand out from the rest.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Or, you can go with the Bronze package (I may be biased) with white

I am on the verge of booking an appointment to do the whole car in Satin PPF...

Was really hoping for a Pearl White color for '24

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I currently have an Oxford White GT with PP and NP on order. I’ve always liked white cars but lately I’ve been starting to like the Race Red a lot too, especially with NP.

How hard is it to keep red clean compared to white? Does dirt show faster on red?
Birds and cops love red.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I've decided to stay with Oxford White. The combination with NP is just too clean.
I've decided to stay with Oxford White. The combination with NP is just too clean.
Hasn’t yours already been built? I’m waiting on my Taylor to get back with me, because I’m wanting to change the inside of mine from black to gray. I guess I’ll have to call them again tomorrow. Check this out.
https://www.northgatefordcincinnati...nnati-oh-075768ba0a0e0a9a5c2e86007a017f3b.htm

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT