• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shift Knob Replacements

mks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Grabber Blue)
It’s not necessarily my favorite, but it’s conception is smart, and I know that some people are willing to spend to get these
Yeh, I can understand the appeal--and I like titanium. I just find it an aesthetic oddity in this particular context, i.e., it stands out because it doesn't fit the cockpit's aesthetic--but, one I can preserve if ever the bauble grows on me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
How difficult is it to remove the stock 6 speed, shift ball (knob)? Someone mentioned it is secured firmly.
I replaced mine without the use of a strap wrench. Yes, it was tight but a two hand grip was sufficient to get the job done. No Loctite was used on the original or the replacement.

IMG_2085.JPG

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I replaced mine without the use of a strap wrench. Yes, it was tight but a two hand grip was sufficient to get the job done. No Loctite was used on the original or the replacement.

IMG_2085.JPG
Did you use anything to help prevent torque twist on the shaft or just keep going and the knob will eventually pop off?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Did you use anything to help prevent torque twist on the shaft or just keep going and the knob will eventually pop off?
Nope. It was tight going on. If it moves I will use some Loctite on it

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT PP1 mag ride recaros; 23 Demon 170
The original was a little tough to get off by hand, no loctite. The new shifter knob came with loctite.
IMG_0141.jpeg

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic

IMG_2085.JPG
My original didn’t seem to have any Loctite on, though it was quite sturdily screwed on and required more force than expected to remove it.
I did have to put some for my replacement, as I couldn’t screw it strong enough AND be in the right position.

R3tro GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Like everyone else, factory knob was pretty tight. Just about to give up and it broke loose. This is a shift solutions, opted for stainless steel for the extra weight, love the feel. I was torn between red or blue candy, red won out. Threaded the provided lock nut a couple rotations, then screwed on the knob and turned it far enough down to lock it in place and allow it to go into reverse.

https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/cs-gt

20240421_222626.jpg

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like everyone else, factory knob was pretty tight. Just about to give up and it broke loose. This is a shift solutions, opted for stainless steel for the extra weight, love the feel. I was torn between red or blue candy, red won out. Threaded the provided lock nut a couple rotations, then screwed on the knob and turned it far enough down to lock it in place and allow it to go into reverse.

https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/cs-gt

20240421_222626.jpg
For summer time a tennis ball cut in half may come in handy.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
What you don’t have a shift knob sock for summer time? 😂

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What you don’t have a shift knob sock for summer time? 😂
I feel the gloves will keep me in tune with the car as I row through the gears. I feel something that covers the knob will block our connection. I appreciate the concern of members worried though, greatly appreciated!!! 🤣

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)