• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The problem here is that the people who are currently in charge of product development at Ford are idiots. First they create an electric minivan and call it a Mustang and now they think S650 Mustang buyers are millennials who do nothing but play games all day and < quote > want an interior that's more driver focussed, more driver centric. < end quote >
Ford after reading this:

S650 Mustang S650 - The designers speak 1668101283725
Sponsored

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
The problem here is that the people who are currently in charge of product development at Ford are idiots. First they create an electric minivan and call it a Mustang and now they think S650 Mustang buyers are millennials who do nothing but play games all day and < quote > want an interior that's more driver focussed, more driver centric. < end quote >
i'm a Millenial and like most people, am attracted to symmetry by natural design, and hate everything about the interior and the decisions made. So does every student/Zoomer that I've shown it to. "Doesn't look like a car" is common, and the whole tablet theme is a massive failure lol. Most of these kids are still stuck on V8/stick misnomers.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The existence of the bronco, bronco sport, maverick, and yes, mustang, indicates that quite a few people on ford's product development team know what they're doing. Are there some clueless ones? Maybe a handful, but most of them are smart, talented individuals.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
The existence of the bronco, bronco sport, maverick, and yes, mustang, indicates that quite a few people on ford's product development team know what they're doing. Are there some clueless ones? Maybe a handful, but most of them are smart, talented individuals.
The Bronco and Maverick are both home runs...like, 10/10 killing it home runs and instant hits. Ford got everything right and didn't muck anything up with Millenial targeting tropes and idiotic gimmicks. Whoever was behind those vehicles deserves credit.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
The Bronco and Maverick are both home runs...like, 10/10 killing it home runs and instant hits. Ford got everything right and didn't muck anything up with Millenial targeting tropes and idiotic gimmicks. Whoever was behind those vehicles deserves credit.
I think the S650 will be as well. There are always detractors. But, I think once these things hit the streets, people become accustomed to the exterior lines and the interior, we'll be saying the same thing - especially if it outperforms S550.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I think the S650 will be as well. There are always detractors. But, I think once these things hit the streets, people become accustomed to the exterior lines and the interior, we'll be saying the same thing - especially if it outperforms S550.
Doubt it...Ford likely has a current vs last gen Camaro ordeal on their hands where the vehicle will underperform in sales as it just doesn't have an audience. Too similar of a look/connection to the previously successful generation and not exactly anything "new".

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
not a single kid I've shown the S650 to prefers it over my car and they all laughed at the tablet dash...swing and a miss.
and that was plain as the nose on their face. So exactly WHO did they supposedly canvass?

And about that 'driver-focused' line - I spent an hour in a C8. What an ANNOYING as hell interior. I guess if you're a "gurl" and your focus is on your phone and your nails instead of the ride, then you won't mind being relegated into second-class citizen like a wart along for the ride. Frankly to be a passenger has got to be some degree of an insult.

Last edited:

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Guys at the end of the day, this car will sell pretty well, hands down. The S650 will be even more successful then its predecesscors. I understand that the early adoperts cannot identify themselves with the new look but Ford doesn't give a damn if they loose 3 customers and gain 10 new instead.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Doubt it...Ford likely has a current vs last gen Camaro ordeal on their hands where the vehicle will underperform in sales as it just doesn't have an audience. Too similar of a look/connection to the previously successful generation and not exactly anything "new".
Screen shot this. Come back in 5 years.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys at the end of the day, this car will sell pretty well, hands down. The S650 will be even more successful then its predecesscors. I understand that the early adoperts cannot identify themselves with the new look but Ford doesn't give a damn if they loose 3 customers and gain 10 new instead.
the state of the global economy will guarantee it sells like dog poop. Regardless of it's "merits". I estimate it'll sell at HALF the average run-rate of the 18+ series.

Reversion to the Mean is a mean be'atch.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Considering the only people vocally crying out loud about it are the ones that just recently sunk cash on an S550 is what I’d consider a super positive outlook on things

“why does this look different than MY S550? Ford has lost their way“

“why don’t the sides look more like MY S550? Ford has lost their way”

“why didn’t they make the interior like MY S550? Ford has lost their way”

“why aren’t the taillights like the ones on MY S550? Ford has lost their way”

“Fire everyone on the Ford product design and marketing team. They’ve only developed repeated home runs for the past several years at this point. Hire me Ford. I’m excellent at telling you what’s wrong and know EXACTLY what your customers want, not you guys.”

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering the only people vocally crying out loud about it are the ones that just recently sunk cash on an S550
that has nothing to do with it. Bad design is bad design. :)

Emotional and actual investment is 110% irrelevant. I've bought now 1 MY'17 mustang, and 4 MY18+ Mustangs in 4 years. If for some reason my S550 get killed, I ain't buying the S650 ever. Even if you give me one, I'd turn right around and sell it. And buy a Camaro or more likely a CT4V Blackwing.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
that has nothing to do with it. Bad design is bad design. :)

Emotional and actual investment is 110% irrelevant. I've bought now 1 MY'17 mustang, and 4 MY18+ Mustangs in 4 years. If for some reason my S550 get killed, I ain't buying the S650 ever. Even if you give me one, I'd turn right around and sell it.
Except it’s good design 😎

and I’ve bought two S550s myself

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Ford literally designed both those vehicles to appeal to millennials lol, it's not a bad thing.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Ford literally design both those vehicles to appeal to millennials lol, it's not a bad thing.
Funny thing is millennials encompass basically 25-40 at this point but still get referred to as the young’uns that like all the doodads by the boomer crowd
Sponsored