• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
that has nothing to do with it. Bad design is bad design. :)

Emotional and actual investment is 110% irrelevant. I've bought now 1 MY'17 mustang, and 4 MY18+ Mustangs in 4 years. If for some reason my S550 get killed, I ain't buying the S650 ever. Even if you give me one, I'd turn right around and sell it. And buy a Camaro or more likely a CT4V Blackwing.

"I ain't buying the S650 ever"

*Continues to hang out on S650 Forum*

Dude, go home.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
you can thank the M6G admins for the cross-pollination. And secretly I'm hoping Ford Mustang Design finds religion and repents.
I don't think there's a need to repent on the part of the design team. The car looks great. You can freely disagree - it doesn't change the fact that people that are not shogun32 like the car, nor does it change the likelihood that people that are on the fence about it will come around in a couple years' time, like they did with the S550.

S197 peeps DETESTED the S550 at launch: "that's not a mustang, that's a friggin Taurus/Fusion". History has a funny way of repeating itself.

Geez, you S550 guys crack me up, thinking your opinions, dislikes, etc. are gospel.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Geez, you S550 guys crack me up, thinking your opinions, dislikes, etc. are gospel.
well, "your love for S650" or at least your faith that the masses will bow the knee seems to be YOUR gospel. :)
Only 12 more months to go before we see sales figures.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
well, "your love for S650" or at least your faith that the masses will bow the knee seems to be YOUR gospel. :)
Only 12 more months to go before we see sales figures.
Just to be clear here: I personally don't care if everyone else on the planet hates the car. I will still be buying one. I like it. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I make purchases based on what I like, not what others like.

With that said, I do think the car will do well overall. I've seen enough praise in YouTube and IG comments sections (that seems to outweigh the negative btw) to suggest that there is legitimate interest in S650.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Fair play if you don’t like the car either, but it’s a sound design. I think the fact that it shares so much with the S550’s chassis yet deviates heavily in terms of some key design areas brushes people that bought specifically into the S550 platform first (and Mustang brand second) the wrong way.

I didn’t like it upon unveiling and agreed with the common issues that were first voiced (body line treatment, interior, taillights, diffuser) but came around hard when I gave it a chance and was sold upon seeing it in the flesh.

Definitely makes the S550 look older irl and has an equally matched aesthetic appeal once you get to take in its shape.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Even though I still feel my '19 is a better design, IMO, from bumper to bumper than the 650 (from all the photos), I will still wait to see it live and in person before I conclude anything. It's a 'Stang, I feel I owe it at least that.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
The die hard guys….
It’s ok some of us like the S650. Your S550 is outdated. It happens. Just like the S650 will likely be outdated by a mid-gen refresh, and then again by whatever comes next. Don’t take it personal. I wasn’t mad when my 06 GT was quickly outdated. I kept it til I saw a mustang I liked more, which didn’t happen until the GT350.

24PONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Ecoboost Ford Mustang
The die hard guys….
It’s ok some of us like the S650. Your S550 is outdated. It happens. Just like the S650 will likely be outdated by a mid-gen refresh, and then again by whatever comes next. Don’t take it personal. I wasn’t mad when my 06 GT was quickly outdated. I kept it til I saw a mustang I liked more, which didn’t happen until the GT350.
Imagine how the 5th gen S 197 owners feel right now… they dont even have a forum 😆

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The die hard guys….
Exactly, the way I see it, I'm glad they went for something new, and unique looking. The existence of this car doesn't stop the s550 from existing for those who would rather have that car. When the s650 releases, people who want one will have their dreams fulfilled, and people who want a used s550 will get a better deal, because the release of the new version almost always drives down the prices on the old generation. It's a win win for everyone.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Exactly, the way I see it, I'm glad they went for something new, and unique looking. The existence of this car doesn't stop the s550 from existing for those who would rather have that car. When the s650 releases, people who want one will have their dreams fulfilled, and people who want a used s550 will get a better deal, because the release of the new version almost always drives down the prices on the old generation. It's a win win for everyone.
Didn’t seem to work last time. The Gen2 S550 held more value than the Gen 3 18+ for quite a while and still does hold much of it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco, Audi S5 Cabriolet
I didn’t like the car at the reveal. I stayed away for a few weeks and came back to see if it was just bad photography.
I hate it now. Super clunky exterior that has lost most of its design cohesiveness. Barely looks like a mustang. This will not age well. At all. The interior finally has some modern tech but nothing about the design suggests any mustang DNA and it doesn’t look upscale. No super quick hybrid? 7 or 8 more years for an all wheel drive electric? It’s time to move forward but this car is like the people who still think Trump was cheated in 2020. Stuck in the past. I want to like it because I’ve been a mustang and Ford fan since birth and have owned several along the way and just traded my s550 on a bronco. But no way on this one.
Screw it. I’m out.
Sponsored