• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
You are an officer of this forum now. Your duty is to take a shit ton of photos S650 at the Charlotte show. No calls to back away from the car from show employees or law enforcement should impede your duty. Good luck. Let us know if you need bail money. Thanks.
I hope to not disappoint! haha
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
that's how I see it..a '15 with an awkward rear and hideous interior in my opinion. It's supposed to be at the auto show here in Charlotte this weekend so I'm excited to see it in person and see if it sways my initial thoughts of it.
You better take some photos, and document your thoughts. If you don't, I will marry you just to leave you.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
After reading this and other forums, and hearing from some club members, this discussion is reminiscent of the a similar one, albeit not on an electronic forum, since this reminder predates such technology, but when the original Fox body '79 to '93 went through its mostly styling changes, (four eye to aero eye), this evolution was largely styling. Then in '94 when the SN-95 or Fox 2 platform debuted, it was still the basic original Fox body chassis with a fair number of structural upgrades. Styling changed dramatically, but the basic package was dimensionally about the same size, and except for the limited production Cobras, where still largely the same driveline configuration and suspension layout. Back to the future?

Certainly the original Fox more so than even the SN-95 didn't look like a traditional Mustang in terms of styling, but this combination was the longest running and arguably the best selling 25 year run of Mustangs. One has to remember to always keep the various model changeovers in the context of the times in which they occurred. It's easy to look back over the 58 years of Mustang and critique each iteration when comparing a given model to the one before, but almost will it impossible to do so with the one coming after...predicting the future...

Everyone will always have their favorites and that's perfectly okay, just don't ditz the without context.

Last edited:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 , 2012 Boss 302
couple quotes from the video...

"gutsy to step away from our heritage"...
"shift away from the double brow"
"like playing a video game"....
"doesnt take it self to seriously"....(the mustang muscle car)
"their going to look at the driver space and have a smile on their face"....

well i know they are not talking about me...nor was i asked to be part of the "test group" for their design. looks like it will become just a "car" now....with no heritage.
all cars are slowing becoming this....so my passion for cars and mustangs are slowly dying just as the folks at Ford are killing the "heritage" in their vehicles...

just my $.02 so no bashing. my little comments are worthless anyway...
just venting.
I agree 100% and you nailed my thoughts completely

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Obviously, technology is the wave of the future. I really thought the younger generation would like the dash. Admittedly, I'm looking at it from a different viewpoint than most. My Mustang is just a toy. I know the vast majority of buyers use them on a daily basis and enjoy the technological features. Personally, I find them overwhelming. I love the looks of my car, but many of the electronic features are overkill in my opinion. I'm an old gearhead. Give me a car that's fairly fast and comfortable, handles well and sounds good, and I'm a happy camper. I don't need fancy displays and controls. I find the dash very distracting and not user friendly, but then my favorite band is the Beach Boys. 😉 All these fancy gizmo's and doodad's are way too complicated. Sometimes less is more.
Sponsored

Last edited: