• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Enough with the insults..........just have the decency to respect each other's opinions please.

I can only apologize on my behalf, TT - and I'm certainly sorry for any ulcers I may have given you.

With that said, I think you can imagine that tempers rise when people, rather than expressing their opinions, make definitive statements like "It doesn't look good period." That's clearly attempting to elevate an opinion to a fact. Why do people do that? Idk, insecurities, maybe?

Shogun isn't the only one spewing that kind of garbage, but he/she is the only one that had affirmatively acknowledged he's just here to "piss in the punch bowl".
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I can only apologize on my behalf, TT - and I'm certainly sorry for any ulcers I may have given you.

With that said, I think you can imagine that tempers rise when people, rather than expressing their opinions, make definitive statements like "It doesn't look good period." That's clearly attempting to elevate an opinion to a fact. Why do people do that? Idk, insecurities, maybe?

Shogun isn't the only one spewing that kind of garbage, but he/she is the only one that had affirmatively acknowledged he's just here to "piss in the punch bowl".
I’d like to take this chance to apologize to absolutely nobody

S650 Mustang S650 - The designers speak 1668538563232

Zero troll tolerance

(ok sorry TT)

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I have to completely disagree with that it doesn't have a coherent styling or theme. Compared to the 2018 the design is much more though through on every single detail. Just a quick visual help to see that from frontend to the end they finally made design line up perfectly. Even the angle of the wing is pointed towards the shoulders. And still the high wing is just optional if you don't like it.
The 2018 doesn't line up at all. The frontend is doing whatever it wants, not following anything.
1668503874116.png

Even if you look at the full body it's so much cleaner. One clear flow from roof across the frontend. The 18 in comparison constantly started new lines somewhere that don't flow into anything making it look like different ideas thrown together.
1668504369618.png
Hell yeah, line flow always makes a design look better. Excellent analysis, I noticed from day one how the lines on the front end flowed into one another. But I never noticed how the inner character lines on the hood lined up perfect with the "fangs" in the grille.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I don't buy crap just because the fan-boys are gooogly-eyed and drunk on Ford Marketing cool-aid.

Maybe you didn't notice my previous statement about not being caught dead in a Mustang prior to S550? I DESPISE all earlier Mustangs except pre-'71. And furthermore I have enough starch to own any future changes in opinion. Don't ascribe to those outside of DC the same spineless nature epitomized by that cesspool of situational beliefs.

And no I'll have no car at all before I buy a S650. And I'm here to pee (provide perspective) in your (single-thought) punch bowl. :)
Bro, you seem like the kind of guy who would join a religious forum as an atheist just to constantly insult people who are just trying to enjoy their religion. Or the person with strong political views who constantly attacks voters who support the opposing party. There's nothing with having your own opinions, but why frequently post in a forum for something you clearly hate just to be a downer constantly? Isn't there enough of that in the world as is? I don't understand intentionally dedicating so much time to interacting with something you hate. Makes zero sense to me. You don't like the car, we get it, you can go now.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Hell yeah, line flow always makes a design look better. Excellent analysis, I noticed from day one how the lines on the front end flowed into one another. But I never noticed how the inner character lines on the hood lined up perfect with the "fangs" in the grille.
What’s really hard to capture is the fact that modern designs rely less on hard lines and more on dynamic surfaces that intersect.

The S650’s shape creates a powerful front end and dynamic midsection that exaggerated its rear haunches using the same basic dimensions. The flared rear QP and elevated rear quarter windows make the hips look fatter. And the way these surfaces contour is refined enough that it doesn’t need those hard cuts to create surface tension.

It really is an example of dynamic versus static. The rear end is a great example of this too

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I respect everyone's opinion in this thread, whether some people make assumptions just based on pictures or those who have seen it live. If I accept those negative comments about the S650, is another story.

Fact of the matter is, that this car will sell well at the end of the day. Period.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I respect everyone's opinion in this thread, whether some people make assumptions just based on pictures or those who have seen it live. If I accept those negative comments about the S650, is another story.

Fact of the matter is, that this car will sell well at the end of the day. Period.
It will sell well, just not as well as Ford may think, or hopes, IMO. I like the design in many ways and in other ways I do not. I feel that this is just a stepping stone towards the next chapter ... EV, and right now it is just a redesigned s550, like it or not.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I think you mean equally learning disabled.:like:
Armed with a phone keyboard and a strong set of opinions; the deadliest combination

I will gladly enter full Ape mode in the presence of trolls 🦍 🗿

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I don't buy crap just because the fan-boys are gooogly-eyed and drunk on Ford Marketing cool-aid.

Maybe you didn't notice my previous statement about not being caught dead in a Mustang prior to S550? I DESPISE all earlier Mustangs except pre-'71. And furthermore I have enough starch to own any future changes in opinion. Don't ascribe to those outside of DC the same spineless nature epitomized by that cesspool of situational beliefs.

And no I'll have no car at all before I buy a S650. And I'm here to pee (provide perspective) in your (single-thought) punch bowl. :)
That is actually hysterical…:giggle: ….I use cornflakes myself, but punch bowl works.

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
...right now it is just a redesigned s550, like it or not.
that's how I see it..a '15 with an awkward rear and hideous interior in my opinion. It's supposed to be at the auto show here in Charlotte this weekend so I'm excited to see it in person and see if it sways my initial thoughts of it.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
that's how I see it..a '15 with an awkward rear and hideous interior in my opinion. It's supposed to be at the auto show here in Charlotte this weekend so I'm excited to see it in person and see if it sways my initial thoughts of it.
It is in Charlotte........hiding behind the Roush stand! Take LOTS of photos please :)

S650 Mustang S650 - The designers speak Charlotte Auto Show

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
You are an officer of this forum now. Your duty is to take a shit ton of photos S650 at the Charlotte show. No calls to back away from the car from show employees or law enforcement should impede your duty. Good luck. Let us know if you need bail money. Thanks.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
that's how I see it..a '15 with an awkward rear and hideous interior in my opinion. It's supposed to be at the auto show here in Charlotte this weekend so I'm excited to see :wink: it in person and see if it sways my initial thoughts of it.
Have them drive it outside (or offer to do it yourself 😁) and take some photos out there for a real good honest look at it.