• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 slow......what's the truth???

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I'm not surprised it's only showing that little if the filters are actually as big as someone showed in a different thread. Not a lot of air restrictions going on there

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Was just curious ask 5 people and get 5 dif results lol
Some 3,10,18 etc lol
The minimal gains make more sense to me given the dual air intake design... more air flow to compensate for the carbon traps..

It would explain why the Whipple goes back to a single intake.

Given stricter carb requirements every year would not be surprised if this has an effect on what companies can do and remain carb compliant.

I'm just happy a carb compliant supercharger exists at all.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I hope y’all are right about some [presumably break-in] miles causing your cars to run stronger. When I thought I had noticed this happening myself in the past and posted about it I pretty much was advised that it was my imagination.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/maybe-the-best-power-adder-is-to-just-wait-a-while….188324/#post-3793705
Hmm. I had that in my S550 too. The difference was mid-drive for me. Unmistakeable and sudden acceleration improvement. Wasn't gradual. I wondered if Ford controlled it for some reason. Totally had me smiling silly. But once or hit, it was there from then on.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe we should all be less mad at Ford and more upset with the mandates that force them to neuter the car?

I mean if anything they are the only company that was able to come up with a formula to keep building V8 muscle cars.

Even if it ends up being .1 seconds slower... the fact they found a way to build this car at all should be applauded

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I'm not surprised it's only showing that little if the filters are actually as big as someone showed in a different thread. Not a lot of air restrictions going on there
Not really carbon traps more along the lines of laminar airflow manipulation equipment.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In fact the more I think about it...we sound like a bunch of whiners... myself included... I mean the fact that EPA and CARB requirements are most likely MUCH stricter then before and Ford was able to still produce a car that matches performance... maybe we need to all STFU and just say thank you.

I'm definitely guilty... so this is targeted at myself as well

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Red is WITH the carbon traps in the intake, Blue is WITHOUT them.

this car is not slow by any means, the power curve is incredible compared to the S550's and it moves its weight very well. Are the numbers low? Sure. But it does not feel like that day to day driving and doing pulls on the street.
IMG_4277.PNG
Can someone explain this portion of the dyno to me? Does that mean they just stabbed the throttle at different RPMs when starting the pull for some reason? Trying to figure out why torque and horsepower start and jump up rapidly at 2,500 rpm for the blue line and 3,500 for the red line.

S650 Mustang S650 slow......what's the truth??? 1694556435353

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Slow relative to what? : )

<snipped>
I would add to this that the gearing will make a difference. If he's going from a "normal" (non-track-pack GT) to a new GT PP, that super short final drive ratio will amplify the already-non-trivial 66 hp gain.

But yeah, all other things being equal, 66 hp more than 420 hp isn't going to feel THAT different by the seat of your pants, especially taking into account the extra weight of the new Mustang. That's probably where some of the complaints come from.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is displayed is hardly "walking" the 650.

There are two people in the 650. Is there two in the 550? What mods, if any, are on the 550.

Agree- I saw that video and tried to see if any other videos posted listed the mods on the S550 ....never found anything saying if car was stock or modded

That being said- its kind of strange all of these back to back dyno videos but no one is filming a damn roll race -

I would have thought some one would have done this race by now

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Not to beat a dead horse, but everyone is talking about how slow the S650s are. What's everyone's opinions? What's the truth?
I'm a die hard Mustang fan. This 2024 will be my 5th one and I have never drove anything but a Mustang since 1997. I'm currently driving a 2013 GT. I'm still super excited about getting my car hopefully this week, but I'm over the hate.
I had a feeling they'd be slow. Saw some on the streets at LS Fest last weekend. My '13 GT is Steeda CAI/Tune and mufflers only. I can run with the brand new stuff door to door. It's sad really. But it saves me $50,000 because now I don't want a new Mustang anymore.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I had a feeling they'd be slow. Saw some on the streets at LS Fest last weekend. My '13 GT is Steeda CAI/Tune and mufflers only. I can run with the brand new stuff door to door. It's sad really. But it saves me $50,000 because now I don't want a new Mustang anymore.
Are we saying a modded mustang that can keep up with a stock mustang is somehow better?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
They’ve been out for a month now and 1 person ran 11s

Like WTF is goin on here?
In a world of dragys there is just No content with good metrics.
Sponsored