• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
2022 mach 1. Dark.matter gray.
I prefer the mach 1

88F6CB4A-8CF3-4A34-BBC3-94298B44CCF3.jpeg

4C3D1B35-2BFF-4C43-BBDE-D9CCCEDD55AA.jpeg
The Mach 1 HP looks way better in terms of looks. Amazing what they did with the S550, right out of the gate it was a great looking Mustang. The S650 on the other hand, I need a shot or two of Tequila to like it.

Since the Mustang has no direct American competition anymore, seems like Ford gave the design task to the interns. At least we still have an American V8, MT coupe.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
The picture below shows very well that the S550 look dated next to the S650.

grabber blue comparison.JPG
The S650 GT looks nice from this angle. It hides the busy grille and looks more muscular than the S550. However, the only thing that looks more "modern" imo, is the headlights.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Have any of you looked at Porsche 911's over the past 30 years? Evolution rather than revolution. It can be a good thing.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Have any of you looked at Porsche 911's over the past 30 years? Evolution rather than revolution. It can be a good thing.
True, I literally can't tell most generations of 911 made in the last 15 years apart aside from a few small details. The s650 might bear some small resemblance to the s550, but you can still tell the two apart quite easily. Same can't be said from most other evolutionary designs like Jeep wranglers for instance.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
The S650 GT looks nice from this angle. It hides the busy grille and looks more muscular than the S550. However, the only thing that looks more "modern" imo, is the headlights.
That is actually a great looking example of the S650 GT. I like it except for the dash and the indentation in the rear. Sadly, those blow it for me. I could probably be okay with the rear or get used to it. But the dash, not so much. Unfortunately it seems they integrated everything in that screen. I’m afraid no other dash options could really ever be offered. I believe this is all the result of the target market age group being changed. It’s all good. I’m looking forward to the guys and gals of new market enjoying the new Mustangs instead of the fat old guys who tell the same damn stories over again at car shows. :inspect: :crackup:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is actually a great looking example of the S650 GT. I like it except for the dash and the indentation in the rear. Sadly, those blow it for me. I could probably be okay with the rear or get used to it. But the dash, not so much. Unfortunately it seems they integrated everything in that screen. I’m afraid no other dash options could really ever be offered. I believe this is all the result of the target market age group being changed. It’s all good. I’m looking forward to the guys and gals of new market enjoying the new Mustangs instead of the fat old guys who tell the same damn stories over again at car shows. :inspect: :crackup:
LOL. You must be hanging out with the Corvette crowd. I am 62 and most of the S550 guys I meet and cruise with are younger than me and ask if I wear white New Balance shoes. 😄 The rear is gradually growing on me and I really can't wait to see it (and the rest of the car) in person. The dash just looks like it belongs in a truck. I'd even be OK with one "tablet" in the center but the gauge cluster portion needs to be integrated into the shape of the dash. I agree it's no doubt marketed to the younger generations.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL. You must be hanging out with the Corvette crowd. I am 62 and most of the S550 guys I meet and cruise with are younger than me and ask if I wear white New Balance shoes. 😄 The rear is gradually growing on me and I really can't wait to see it (and the rest of the car) in person. The dash just looks like it belongs in a truck. I'd even be OK with one "tablet" in the center but the gauge cluster portion needs to be integrated into the shape of the dash. I agree it's no doubt marketed to the younger generations.
Lol…what is it with white New Balance anyway? I prefer ASICS myself…..

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know. I had to learn about the stereotype from younger guys. I tell them I have 3 pair in my closet, lol.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The whole stick a screen in the drivers face and call it a day is currently pervasive in automotive design. In my opinion it’s the epitome of laziness, microeconomics and lack of imagination.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The picture below shows very well that the S550 look dated next to the S650
no, it just means the second one the knife they used to slice and dice and whack at the buck was sharper. The new design will age badly IMO. Everyone is on the sharp angles kick, just like in the 80's highly-chiseled Gundam was all the rage.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Guess I’ll never understand the thought process behind being one of the people that spend a ton of time on a forum like this to restate their dislike of the car for the tenth or—in the case of a handful of users on this forum—hundredth time. Seems exhausting.
blame the forum owners, THEY made a deliberate choice to cross-post and cross-migrate accounts between 6G and 7G. If it weren't for that, the membership in 7G would be a trifle, and would be much more "pure" or uniform in thought.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
blame the forum owners, THEY made a deliberate choice to cross-post and cross-migrate accounts between 6G and 7G. If it weren't for that, the membership in 7G would be a trifle, and would be much more "pure" or uniform in thought.
That however doesn't mean that people need to constantly whine about the same thing over and over again. It won't make the car any different. State your opinion and we all get it. Combining or cross promoting accounts is a forthcoming gesture so nobody feels excluded.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I have nothing against people complaining about a new model or comparing a new model to the previous model. The complaints just make me Think and then look at the new model to see what some do not like. I just become more aware of what the new model is like. The more aware I become the more knowledgeable I become which is good.
Sponsored