• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Vickstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Image of Dark Horse Mustang S650 vs S550 originally posted by @because_murica. Post up any other comparison pics you've seen.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread Screenshot_20221219-233027_Instagram
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The DH looks liks it sitting about 3/4 an inch or so lower. Looks closer to the wheel gap my FPP springs have.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Comparing the top dog S650 with a base EB S550 is hardly fair, but the DH definitely looks awesome! I'd love to see a Mach 1 HP next to a DH. I still the think the S550 is the more "beautiful" car with more feminine lines/curves, where the S650 is more of a brute.

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I don't think the s650 vs s550 v2.0 does it much justice. Of course it looks completely changed...Now you put it beside s550 v1 and you see just how strikingly similar both cars are

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The DH looks liks it sitting about 3/4 an inch or so lower. Looks closer to the wheel gap my FPP springs have.
Let's hope they can actually get the wheel gap right from the factory and save us all a couple hundred bucks in lowering springs. I don't understand why it's so difficult for some manufacturers to get right; Porsche and BMW seem to be about the only two that can consistently get factory wheel gap correct.

Regarding the comparison pics, I agree that the 15-17 S550 has more in common with the S650 than the 18+ cars. I was never a big fan of the 18+ cars, but I do like that the upper line through the door on the S550 is more pronounced than on the S650. I wish it were SLIGHTLY harder on the new car because in some shots it looks a little too slab sided for my taste. With that said, I like the Dark Horse front end--with the exception of the eye black and the fact that some elements are gloss black and some are matte. It just needs a little consistency, but I think the design of the front end is the best of the S650 fronts we've seen.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Let's hope they can actually get the wheel gap right from the factory and save us all a couple hundred bucks in lowering springs. I don't understand why it's so difficult for some manufacturers to get right; Porsche and BMW seem to be about the only two that can consistently get factory wheel gap correct.

Regarding the comparison pics, I agree that the 15-17 S550 has more in common with the S650 than the 18+ cars. I was never a big fan of the 18+ cars, but I do like that the upper line through the door on the S550 is more pronounced than on the S650. I wish it were SLIGHTLY harder on the new car because in some shots it looks a little too slab sided for my taste. With that said, I like the Dark Horse front end--with the exception of the eye black and the fact that some elements are gloss black and some are matte. It just needs a little consistency, but I think the design of the front end is the best of the S650 fronts we've seen.
Likely ride height regulations. Its why the 2001 Bullitt and 2003 Mach1 are different heights. Regulations changed between their release, and the Mach1's front lip makes it easier to hit things then the Bullitt that had no lip.

Take the extended lip off the DH and its bottom lip is PROBABLY about even with the PP1 lip next to it. That likely lets it skirt the regulations a bit.

It also may be the fender flare making it look a little lower than it actually is.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Does someone have a picture of the S650 DH next to the S550 GT350 (15-17) or photoshop it? I think maybe the comparison would be more spot on. The S550 Mach 1 needs to be then compared to a FL DH or whatever special edition we will get in the course of the next years to make the comparison fair.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread 2016_Ford_Mustang_Shelby_GT350.JPG

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Could someone photosop the part of the Darhorse underneath the headlight (the infamous plastic piece) and adjust it to the gloss black like the radiator? Would be interesting how it looks like from distance. I am not that skilled :(

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Let's hope they can actually get the wheel gap right from the factory and save us all a couple hundred bucks in lowering springs.
but then they'd have to change the molds to add 0.5-0.75 inch more lip to the creased section. Or recontour it so it doesn't look silly and out of proportion. Since when are they going to splash out when they can just recycle the S550 dies.

If you lower, the half-moon looks all kinds of wrong but people tolerate it anyway...

Since the Mustang isn't a performance vehicle to begin with, why shouldn't it have the same wheel gap as the Civic or any of the faceless CUVs?

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
A great comparison of the DH Mustang to the current Mustang. I like how the look of the front on the DH looks longer and lower. The DH looks sleeker than previous pictures I have seen . So far , I think Motor Trend has the best pictures of the 2024 Mustang.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I really wish they could've thought of a different hood vent on the S650. It looks generic to me. I'm not a huge fan of just cutting out a section and sticking a vent there, but I get that it's probably more cost effective than designing a different hood for the GT where the vent is more well integrated.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
it's not like they didn't have the stencils from the GT350...

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
A great comparison of the DH Mustang to the current Mustang. I like how the look of the front on the DH looks longer and lower. The DH looks sleeker than previous pictures I have seen . So far , I think Motor Trend has the best pictures of the 2024 Mustang.
Road and Track has some great pics of the VB GT.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
I really wish they could've thought of a different hood vent on the S650. It looks generic to me. I'm not a huge fan of just cutting out a section and sticking a vent there, but I get that it's probably more cost effective than designing a different hood for the GT where the vent is more well integrated.
It's also about placement as this is the most effective location for heat extraction. I feel like if they tried to integrate it more they would have run into issues with clearance and would have had to create too much of a bulge down the center of the hood.
Sponsored