• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Any chance what we're seeing is specific to the Asian markets?
Other than the gauges/steering wheel/pedals being situated on the right side, I don't believe anything else will be augmented any differently when compared to the North American models.
Sponsored

Kevindust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 401A PP2 Active Exhaust, 2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
That does not look good at all :crying:

- cheap looking boxy airbag cover :thumbsdown:
- touch screen hvac controls :thumbsdown:
- asymmetrical driver oriented layout :thumbsdown:
- no classic double brow :thumbsdown:
- small fiddely touch buttons replacing the cool toggle switches :thumbsdown:

This looks like a Camaro with rectangular vents instead of round ones.
I'm shocked that no one other than Ericc has commented on the the apparent use of touch capacitive controls for temperature and fan speed. This is a MASSIVE design failure and it's hard to believe that this could have made it to the final design stage in 2022. Consumers and the press lambasted Honda when they did this with the 10th Generation Civic in 2015! Consumers and the press are berating VW for doing it in the new 8th Gen GTI and Golf R. Journalists are saying that the capacitive controls in the new VWs are the single reason that they would not purchase the car. They don't function correctly and are a nightmare to live with on a day to day basis. I hope Ford get's their design head out of their asses and gives us proper HVAC controls.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I'll be real, I don't understand half the people on this site. Many of them were saying things just like this. That the s550 was almost perfect, and Ford just needed to change a few small things with it. Now that they've made a design that's similar, with what will presumably be a few small improvements, everyone is upset because it's not a radical change.
That interior is no small change. It’s going from an interior everyone loved in 2015 which was classic and retro yet modern to what looks like an SUV’s interior in a sports car. Oh it’s a radical change but not In a good way.

:(

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That interior is no small change. It’s going from an interior everyone loved in 2015 which was classic and retro yet modern to what looks like an SUV’s interior in a sports car. Oh it’s a radical change but not In a good way.

I can still vividly recall when many hardcore mustang fans said the exterior/interior of the s550 wasn't a mustang, and how ford ruined it. Now, the exterior of the s550 is often viewed as the most beautiful, or one of the most beautiful mustang designs ever, and everyone is talking about how ford made the interior so much better. Our brains reject change, but most things grow on us.

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Hopefully the final toggles look like the toggles from the Ford Territory SUV

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots F2A4B0D2-EAC7-4029-B7A5-B6050CE40FE1

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm shocked that no one other than Ericc has commented on the the apparent use of touch capacitive controls for temperature and fan speed. This is a MASSIVE design failure and it's hard to believe that this could have made it to the final design stage in 2022. Consumers and the press lambasted Honda when they did this with the 10th Generation Civic in 2015! Consumers and the press are berating VW for doing it in the new 8th Gen GTI and Golf R. Journalists are saying that the capacitive controls in the new VWs are the single reason that they would not purchase the car. They don't function correctly and are a nightmare to live with on a day to day basis. I hope Ford get's their design head out of their asses and gives us proper HVAC controls.
I've mentioned that I was glad for at least some physical controls and also mentioned that am glad they didn't use the horrid tablet from the Mach-E and Lighting and honestly, as sad that is to say, I think we might be lucky that we get what we get, if early pictures are any notification of what's to come.

Look at all of the EVs with maybe a few exceptions - no matter how hated it is, manufacturers just will replace buttons with screens, matter of time. I don't like it, but clearly someone out there must. Even if it's only a dozen of out-of-touch/never-have-driven people in a focus group.

Don't go blaming millenials here either, I'm one and I hate touchscreen/capacitive basic controls. :D

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

Of the few people who have seen the s650 sans camo, they've all said it looks great. Like a more refined and elegant s550. I have faith that ford will get this right, their design teams have been red hot these last few years. Of all the vehicles they've released in the last 2-3 years have been home runs in the design department, especially the exteriors.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Capacitive screen touch controls for HVAC are an absolute deal breaker for me, no matter how wonderful the rest of a car might be.

It's a safety issue because you have to take your eyes off the road to hunt and peck for the right spot on the screen to adjust temperature or fan speed. Even if you take your eyes off the road for just a second or two, a lot can happen fast at highway speeds (65 mph = 95 feet/sec, 2 seconds = your car has gone 190 feet).

It's also a PITA in the winter in northern states because you can't use it with gloves on. Yes, there are haptic touch gloves, but they're not warm, and why the hell should an owner have to buy a special pair of gloves just to use the heat in the winter?

Hard pass.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This is the final interior design, but not production textures and finishes. It has been said for more than 2 years now, it does not use a new platform.

The Fusion is not a good comparison, as Ford only lost interest in it during 2017, already after a 5 year run and MCA refresh in early 2016.

The car got sufficient attention and investment up until that point.

It's an apples to oranges comparison, because the decision to cancel its future was made at the 5 year mark and then it was kept through 2020. Other than a cost cutting refresh in late 2018, no major changes were planned for USA.

There were never any decisions to cancel the Mustang outright, but skip a new platform (CD6) in 2021 and just revise the existing architecture by 2022/23.

The real focus has been to replace the ICE Mustang, which is why no investment in an all new bespoke RWD basis nor move to CD6, ever happened.

Fusion was an entirely different gamble.

The G80/82 were revealed after general approval on S650 final designs for interior and exterior. Wheels, different story.

The G20 3 did exist as a reference, as did G22 4.

I don't really like making "copying" accusations, unless I have an exact timeline of a given car's development from start to finish.

Then, critics would complain that the interior was dated and not much of a change (as said about S550 in 2013).

This was likely an alternative proposal that won, against another interior proposal that looked like the current interior (w/improvements). Upon reveal, this will likely be seen when proposals are made public.

Based on what? Maybe in materials/finish, which is happening anyway, since this is a prototype vehicle. But to expect any readily visible design changes, you should know this is already a done deal. Cars are not gonna see changes this late, as it doesn't work like that and never has. They're already preparing to build this mold and solidified this design some 1.5 to 2 years ago.

The previous generation interior was at that point in June 2012, before it went on sale in September 2014.

Anyone who hated the S550 interior in 2013 spy shots, pretty much had to live with it until S650, because the interior design here is also a done deal, like that was for S550 back then.

Oh Deluxe, it feels like either some are just very busy and understandably miss some key things and then enter a discussion belatedly, thus not on the same page.

Or choose to listen to badly informed sources, in not knowing, not all mediums are to be trusted for credible information regarding S650.

Feels like rinse and repeat, made worse by stupid Youtubers and dime store journos, posting crap info for news. If only most people would figure out, a lot of these jokes don't know as much as you think they do.

Saw it happen with S550, where M6G had all the facts and got cast off in favor of flashy entities full of hot air.

Even worse when links to Engrish clickbait blogbot spam sites are posted from time to time in some places (ie 2024futuresmustangnewmodel.com).

You're way better off coming to M7G or Ford insider forums, than trusting a mag or some amateur reporter, with no Ford contacts. It's also so telling how many people trust Sktech Monkey to "know" about S650...:yawn::facepalm:

Well, this is the stuff I saw in 2013 with the S550 and similar gripes I heard even in 2012 when the design was first described, but not yet seen.

I get real sick of it, as the S550 was the perfect to evolve the nameplate going forward, without sticking retro cliches. The S197 has a lovely character of its own, I wouldn't mind buying one to keep additionally.

Yet, people with tunnel vision were quick to deride it as "not a real Mustang". I just see it as more emotional than rational, in some of those cases. They can't be pleased.

That's not accurate, none of these cars are mules now. They're the final design, as in VP1 prototypes and maybe even beyond that stage.

S650 mules were generally S550 bodies with cobbled together interiors. This is the final article, with placeholder trim, 3D printed in some areas.

Mule is not really interchangeable with prototype, when discussing production body testers.
Was waiting for you, @amk91! Thanks for confirming a lot of what you've already been telling us for the last year or so re: S650.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Of the few people who have seen the s650 sans camo, they've all said it looks great. Like a more refined and elegant s550. I have faith that ford will get this right, their design teams have been red hot these last few years. Of all the vehicles they've released in the last 2-3 years have been home runs in the design department, especially the exteriors.
Aw man you’re hitting me in the feels. The last thing I want is an elegant s650 but it does look like they are trying to mimic m4 styling. My assumption is they’ll also mimic m4 pricing and why wouldn’t Ford do that? I feel like there’s a big price increase coming to these cars.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Aw man you’re hitting me in the feels. The last thing I want is an elegant s650 but it does look like they are trying to mimic m4 styling. My assumption is they’ll also mimic m4 pricing and why wouldn’t Ford do that? I feel like there’s a big price increase coming to these cars.
The S650 GT won't be near M4 pricing, it may be similar to M440i pricing though, since they are similar performance competitors. M4 is an analog to the GT500.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What's the purpose of making the people "shadows" if you're just going to post a pic of the actual driver's hand and passenger's jeans anyway? LOL. These 2 are going to end up on a Milk carton now...

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649711247142

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
what's the "STAR" button do I wonder?
the same thing as it does in Mario-Cart - Power Ups. Or Ford's clone of OnStar.

Finally air vents where they will actually do something useful instead of giving my fore-arm frostbite.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Anyone else notice THIS??

Screenshot_20220411-082846_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220411-083122_Samsung Internet.jpg
I guess everyone on that American Highway is also driving RHD cars too.... LMFAO....😂🤣

C'mon 7Ger's - gotta be smarter than that... LOOK at the signage and the Chevy directly behind the Mustang - the pic was either purposefully transposed or taken from a mirror....

It's not a RHD Mustang...
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649711799890
Sponsored