• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Wasn't MagRide setting on the 350 a Shock icon.
This looks more like the exhaust icon from the 350 that was a toggle.

I think its more a status on the screen showing what mode you are in.
In this case 'MyMode' with Active Exhaust icon.
Yes, you're correct. That's an exhaust symbol. As to the car, it's just a carryover from the outgoing symbol.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.20.39 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ever hear of voice commands? Seriously how many times do you change your HVAC controls once you are on the road. You're just being silly. :giggle::like:
As @shogun32 said, I’ve found the reality of the voice commands to be virtually worthless. Why have to slowly and carefully enunciate and repeat a command several times, only to still have it not get it right?

And depending on the weather, I might actually change the HVAC settings a number of times. Turn the heat down when it gets too warm, turn it back up when my wife complains, defrost when it fogs up, etc.

Why make something more complicated than it needs to be? A button or knob is reliable, simple, can be operated by feel, is intuitive, and safe.

Like @shogun32 said, it’s buttons or nothing. And since the 7G won’t have buttons, then for me it’s nothing. I’ll keep my current car.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Eh. They are throwing out the distinctive things. Double brow, round vents. etc The 911 stays iconic because it retains these type of things. This interior looks generic. .I think the flat bottom steering wheel is cool..definitely like that the shifter seems to be coming back. Loss of switches for modes etc. is unfortunate for me...I think that was distinctive...just need to make them work both up and down and make them more substantial feeling. I am actually glad the outside seems to be very derivative of the S550...it is a great design.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
I am absolutely thrilled at how this looks. even more so that we're getting horizontal screens and not the godawful vertical tesla-esque one that's in most newer Fords.
I will agree with you that the screen design is a win. That new "iPad glued to the dash" in all new cars is abysmal.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Wow! Not the interior I was expecting..........I like it! First time Mustang has had a "driver orientated" cockpit.
YES !!! It seems Ford have finally reversed (corrected) the Touch Screen and the central Air Vents, to place the screen in a more prominent and ergonomic position - where it is easier to see and access.

It has also created a better and integrated visual flow of information at the drivers visual "fingertips".

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
YES !!! It seems Ford have finally reversed (corrected) the Touch Screen and the central Air Vents, to place the screen in a more prominent and ergonomic position - where it is easier to see and access.

It has also created a better and integrated visual flow of information at the drivers visual "fingertips".
Absoulutely!!

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I am a little concerned about the air vent housing, and hope it's merely a placeholder and not the final material. It would be a shame to update the interior so much only to have a giant hunk of smooth plastic right in the middle.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

This is true. Same philosophy the C8's cockpit ergonomics employ. Doesn't mean it's pretty though lol.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
It appears that the upgraded GT (M1 or PP) version has a larger opening compared to the other GT. The first photo is very similar to the EB photos, so I'm guessing they would be similar to the GT and the M1 facia differences.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots S650 2023 Mustang EcoBoost Interior Spyshot 8 (2)

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots S650 2023 Mustang EcoBoost Interior Spyshot 18 (2)

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I am a little concerned about the air vent housing, and hope it's merely a placeholder and not the final material. It would be a shame to update the interior so much only to have a giant hunk of smooth plastic right in the middle.
I agree, though if they had to, at least texture it.
Sponsored