• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1649931120210

No Need To Copy And Paste Grille Openings, Like BMW. They Need To Be Different Shapes And Sizes .

Prefer Kmal’s Original Old Superman Shield From 2012/13! Not 2015, But Not 500 Either.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1649932818275

Don’t Need A Pickup Or SUV Front End On A Mustang.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1649931358609

Two Different Shapes For Openings, But This Is Too Different! Lower Is More Toyota. Also Tired Of Swept Back Lower Side Fins Like 2015 And C8. Prefer Swept Forward, Like 350 And 18+.

Like To See The Continuous Window Pillar, But Thicker. Rear Quarter Window Like This Would Be A Step Backwards. No Real Design Here, Just A Line.

Don’t See Ford Putting A Vent In A Door. To Make It Functional, You’d Have To Have A Hole In The Door And Fender and a Rubber Seal on Both Parts. A Construction And Side Impact Mess. Also A Dirty Mess From A Practical Standpoint. Slapping On A C8 Like, But Fake, Non-Functional Vent, Is Just A Gimmick.

We Were Lucky Just To Get A Fender Vent In The 350.

Last edited:

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
1649931120210.jpeg

No Need To Copy And Paste Grille Openings, Like BMW. They Need To Be Different Shapes And Sizes .

Prefer Kmal’s Original Old Superman Shield From 2012/13! Not 2015, But Not 500 Either.
1649932818275.png

Don’t Need A Pickup Or SUV Front End On A Mustang.

1649931358609.jpeg

Two Different Shapes For Openings, But This Is Too Different! Lower Is More Toyota. Also Tired Of Swept Back Lower Side Fins Like 2015 And C8. Prefer Swept Forward, Like 350 And 18+.

Like To See The Continuous Window Pillar, But Thicker. Rear Quarter Window Like This Would Be A Step Backwards. No Real Design Here, Just A Line.

Don’t See Ford Putting A Vent In A Door. To Make It Functional, You’d Have To Have A Hole In The Door And Fender and a Rubber Seal on Both Parts. A Construction And Side Impact Mess. Also A Dirty Mess From A Practical Standpoint. Slapping On A C8 Like, But Fake, Non-Functional Vent, Is Just A Gimmick.

We Were Lucky Just To Get A Fender Vent In The 350.
You literally took the opinion out of my mind and the words straight out of my mouth...

I have a 2015 and LOVE it because everything from front to back/side to side is a coherent flow and it literally looks like one singular object versus multiple sides/panels/a front and back, etc. The 2018 redesign killed that...the front end looks grafted on and doesn't fit the rest of the vehicle the same way IMHO, with the gaping lower grill/lights/huge angular ducts and "Darth Vader helmet" design language. I honestly hate the 2018s on up; it was an idea that had to be compromised onto a previous idea. Considering where the S550 started from with the higher hood and gen 1 silhouette/stance, it was just an awkward compromise to try and shoe-horn a lowered downward sloping front end onto it years later after the fact. They needed to adjust the whole car to pull off something like that correctly.

But as far as the S650 goes...I think it'll be alright, but it doesn't have the same sort of "flow" as the S550 for the same reasons that you've noted. I do NOT like the bottom grill shape and how it doesn't work with the upper grill to complete a singular shape...it's the same thing repeated and just looks odd/needs to take into account the two side vents to complete the GT350-ish "smiley face". I also don't like the upper area where the grill meets the hood, which is sort of a very straight and hard line without any real flow...it's there to attract attention and to interrupt the rest of the grill area, but I don't know why you would really want to do that. The initial S550 design just does it all so easily and without clutter; and I like the GT500 old school gaping upper grill shape and always have. I'm just not a fan of all the angles/squared look/etc of the S650 and don't feel like it'll have the same sort of "100% organic and fluid" flow of the 2015 S550's original design. Not a fan of the three LED headlights...this trend makes cars look like spiders and I liked how projectors created literal "eyes"; not a fan of the light strips vs round fog lights and massive open vents/areas with nothing in them, etc. Also not a fan of the driver-centered asymmetric interior that we'll be getting with more squares and rectangular shapes as the design focus.

Dunno, and it is way too freakishly early with not much to go by...but I'm probably going to keep my S550 and plan on replacing it with an electric Mustang later on. I think the S650's first iteration will be better than the S550's refresh design as far as overall complete look goes, but I'm thinking it is probably just not going to be for me. But it really does look like Ford went back to the original S550 and tried to work with that/make a second attempt at a refresh of sorts.

Kemal penned a killer design IMHO and 100% nailed it...love those early sketches and the finished product stayed close enough to be true/to have gotten it right.

Last edited:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
You literally took the opinion out of my mind and the words straight out of my mouth...

I have a 2015 and LOVE it because everything from front to back/side to side is a coherent flow and it literally looks like one singular object versus multiple sides/panels/a front and back, etc. The 2018 redesign killed that...the front end looks grafted on and doesn't fit the rest of the vehicle the same way IMHO, with the gaping lower grill/lights/huge angular ducts and "Darth Vader helmet" design language. I honestly hate the 2018s on up; it was an idea that had to be compromised onto a previous idea. Considering where the S550 started from with the higher hood and gen 1 silhouette/stance, it was just an awkward compromise to try and shoe-horn a lowered downward sloping front end onto it years later after the fact. They needed to adjust the whole car to pull off something like that correctly.

But as far as the S650 goes...I think it'll be alright, but it doesn't have the same sort of "flow" as the S550 for the same reasons that you've noted. I do NOT like the bottom grill shape and how it doesn't work with the upper grill to complete a singular shape...it's the same thing repeated and just looks odd/needs to take into account the two side vents to complete the GT350-ish "smiley face". I also don't like the upper area where the grill meets the hood, which is sort of a very straight and hard line without any real flow...it's there to attract attention and to interrupt the rest of the grill area, but I don't know why you would really want to do that. The initial S550 design just does it all so easily and without clutter; and I like the GT500 old school gaping upper grill shape and always have. I'm just not a fan of all the angles/squared look/etc of the S650 and don't feel like it'll have the same sort of "100% organic and fluid" flow of the 2015 S550's original design. Not a fan of the three LED headlights...this trend makes cars look like spiders and I liked how projectors created literal "eyes"; not a fan of the light strips vs round fog lights and massive open vents/areas with nothing in them, etc. Also not a fan of the driver-centered asymmetric interior that we'll be getting with more squares and rectangular shapes as the design focus.

Dunno, and it is way too freakishly early with not much to go by...but I'm probably going to keep my S550 and plan on replacing it with an electric Mustang later on. I think the S650's first iteration will be better than the S550's refresh design as far as overall complete look goes, but I'm thinking it is probably just not going to be for me. But it really does look like Ford went back to the original S550 and tried to work with that/make a second attempt at a refresh of sorts.

Kemal penned a killer design IMHO and 100% nailed it...love those early sketches and the finished product stayed close enough to be true/to have gotten it right.
Yes, the GT350 is almost Perfect when it comes to Cohesive Design Elements. All the Lines have somewhere to Go and don’t just stop for no reason, compared to the GT.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1649943799011

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1649944165495

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yes, the GT350 is almost Perfect when it comes to Cohesive Design Elements. All the Lines have somewhere to Go and don’t just stop for no reason, compared to the GT.
1649943799011.jpeg

View attachment 556832
Just wait… I guarantee few will challenge the design once it is shown. Everyone said the 2015 looked like crap too and yet it outsold the entire market and is still selling.

We are going back to classic styling of the S197. Which is what people wanted…

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
THIS is essentially it and the lower fascia design will drastically vary from model to model. The design was lock it before the 2015 Mustang was released. It will make the S550 look very, very “long” in the tooth. 😉

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 3C6C4BB2-F388-456F-9F7E-CE97056DAC19

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
S197 Portions and Design Cues on a S550 Wheelbase and Track with some New Edge inspiration from the ‘99-2000 Cobra R.

Ford is about to change the rules again, don’t be like one of the guys from 2013 that said the S550 was an Accord and a Fushion. 🤣🤣🤣

Nobody here can discuss “Design philosophy” only seeing a headshot of the fascia. 🙄 It is embarrassing to watch these people wiggle once they are forced to like it once they see it. 🤢🤮

Lethal5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black '17 GT
mustang7g-leak.png
Just spent a few hours cleaning up the leaked image using a Pytorch Deep Learning repository in Python and cleaned it up even more with Photoshop!! Enjoy!

Repository link here: https://github.com/cszn/DPSR
Pretty cool stuff
I really do see an upside down 7 in the badge

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
GT will be beautiful!

s650-mustang-gt-front-end.jpeg

I've been looking at this a bit more, and the more I do, the more it is beginning to look like this is some sort of start-up screen graphic for the either the center stack display or dashboard display. Anyone else getting that impression?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've been looking at this a bit more, and the more I do, the more it is beginning to look like this is some sort of start-up screen graphic for the either the center stack display or dashboard display. Anyone else getting that impression?
Actually, not totally out of the left field.
On the right side it almost looks like a screen bezel, but from the screen we've seen from the interior leaks, that wouldn't be there like that.

Probably a picture of another screen with the rendering on it.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Actually, not totally out of the left field.
On the right side it almost looks like a screen bezel, but from the screen we've seen from the interior leaks, that wouldn't be there like that.

Probably a picture of another screen with the rendering on it.
Not necessarily a bezel but just the edge of the actual screen....
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 InkedS650 2023 Mustang EcoBoost Interior Spyshot 33_LI
Sponsored