• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S550 Bullitt Being Benchmarked - S650 Bullitt Imminent?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Oh my god matte DHG? đŸ€€ Although just a straight up DHG/Ivory Green would make my day.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
sold a TON more than the Mach 1 though. Granted manufacturing constraints (and price up-charge) may have been a factor as well. I think the people who buy "special editions" shot their wad on the Bullitt and relatively few people were left to chase a Mach 1.
I think the fact that you were paying GT350 money for a car that was basically a GT350 minus the Voodoo had more to do with it.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Probably just testing the Bullitt vs the new base GT for color and who knows what else.

normally not a fan of matte car paint. But the s650 will look great in that.

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Bullitt owner wraps his car in matt green, Ford Authority calls development of next gen Bullitt :facepalm:

News at eleven.

If there will ever be an S650 Bullitt it will not arrive until Spielberg's new Bullitt movie will premier. I doubt that will be any time before 2026.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If Ford is experimenting with matte paint schemes, that could be cool :like:. But not in DHG :facepalm:.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
We were informed in 2017 after the GT500 missed it’s anniversary that Ford would attempt to release a Special Model Mustang for EVERY MODEL YEAR.

The rules around homologation in Motorsport have really relaxed since 2012 and I believe Ford will capitalize. We believe that Ford will begin to cycle the “R” and “S” model turnkey race cars out for a newer model every 1 to 3 model years, depending on impact, sales and performance results.

There is a very good possibility that the Dark Horse R and S turnkey cars will be marketed and sold under a new name. The name plate on Fords top Mustang could be changed sooner than we have historically witnessed during prior generations.

In 2017, a few things changed in the Mustang lineup. We believe the decision to exclude the Shelby GT350 and GT500 from the Mustang line was made around that time. We also believe that Ford will utilize their heritage naming scheme to continue to push “new product” in Motorsport while raiding the Shelby parts bin.

For 2024-‘25, Dark Horse was selected because a legitimate factory Mustang was going to GT3 and “Under Dog” and “Black Sheep” didn’t make anyone giggle like Dark Horse did.

For 2026, we may see a Mustang more inspired by the Shelby lineup and a return of the Mustang Cobra. In fact, the Shelby’s and the Cobra emblem might take a small break just to build up demand.

Ford will eventually implement a “Heritage Lineup” of Gas Engine vehicles, mostly based and inspired by the Shelby. We could see names like Boss, Mach 1 and Cobra return as a “cheaper” gas option post 2028 as the Mustang moves to EV and possibly multiple wheelbases.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
The Bullitt literally rotted on dealer lots and had 10k+ off MSRP discounts just to get them out. It was overpriced to begin with and wasn't really that special outside of color and badges. I would be shocked if they actually did an S650 version. I'm hoping we'll see a BOSS this round.
Not in my area, both 2019 & 2020 models sold immediately. I just lucked out to be at a Ford dealer the day after two were delivered. I bought one that day, and the second was sold 2 days later. This was July 2020. I got $5K off due to a misprint in the dealer advertizing that claimed "$5K off EVERY Mustang on the Lot" Because I can be a jerk with dealers (customer revenge for all those ripped off...lol), and they had no disclaimers on Bullitt, Gt350/500, I got the discount. They fixed the AD while I was taking delivery and the other guy paid $5k over MSRP.

I do agree, would love to see a BOSS, shaker and all, but that (shaker) is unlikely.

Talking about wraps, I am planning to have my Bullitt wrapped in gloss Nardo Grey, figure I'll protect the stock paint and change it up for a few years.

IMNSHO, Matte Finishes and Bronze wheels are out of date trends.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Bullitt owner wraps his car in matt green, Ford Authority calls development of next gen Bullitt :facepalm:

News at eleven.

If there will ever be an S650 Bullitt it will not arrive until Spielberg's new Bullitt movie will premier. I doubt that will be any time before 2026.
This one had a manufacturer's plate. So no, not a private car.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The Bullitt literally rotted on dealer lots and had 10k+ off MSRP discounts just to get them out. It was overpriced to begin with and wasn't really that special outside of color and badges. I would be shocked if they actually did an S650 version. I'm hoping we'll see a BOSS this round.
I mean the final two years GT350 was the same in my area. When I was getting my 2019 Bullitt under MSRP there were GT350's going for like 3k more, and after I had my Bullitt a year that 2019 was STILL on that same dealer lot with like 10k off, and 2020 's were 5k off.

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
I do see more Bullitts than Mach1's on the road, but I'd also like to see it just be an appearance package that ANY Mustang can get. I think a GT350 or Hi-Po EcoBoost would have looked great in DHG.
Maybe I’m wrong, but an ecoboost Bullitt would be offensive to Steve.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
As mentioned in another thread. The Bullitt probably was predistened for the S550 and I reckon we will see new models to appear for the S650 within the 7-8 year life cycle, such as Boss, Roush etc. to make it more versatile.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

News at eleven.

Bulllitt is one of those films that should never be remade.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Bulllitt is one of those films that should never be remade.
Spielberg plans to make a brand new movie based on the Frank Bullitt character, definitely not a remake of the old one. Kinda like the JJ Abrams reboot of Star Trek.

Btw I am a firm believer in the theory that Spielberg is the undisclosed buyer of the original movie car and that he somehow plans to use it for a cameo.