• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S550 Bullitt Being Benchmarked - S650 Bullitt Imminent?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
From Ford Authority: https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/f...in-matte-dark-highland-green-paint-exclusive/

FORD MUSTANG BULLITT SPOTTED TESTING IN MATTE DARK HIGHLAND GREEN PAINT: EXCLUSIVE

" As a reminder, the last Ford Mustang Bullitt rolled off the Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant in late 2020, marking the end of the special edition pony car’s run. It was built as a tribute to the legendary movie car driven by Steve McQueen in Bullitt. Power for the S550 model was sourced from an upgraded version of the Ford 5.0L V8 Coyote rated at 480 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque. It was mated exclusively to the MT82 six-speed manual transmission. Interestingly, the Mustang Bullitt proved to be more popular overseas than in the U.S.

The fact that Ford seems to be testing a matte paint option shows that The Blue Oval adapts to changing trends in the color and trim part of the house. In fact, Ford acknowledged last year that bronze wheels are a trend. Now, the automaker is offering a Bronze Design Series Appearance Package on the all-new, 2024 Mustang.

The sighting of this matte Mustang Bullitt doesn’t necessarily indicate that there’s a new iteration of the special edition Mustang on the way. Rather, Ford is likely testing out a factory matte paint color it intends to offer in the future and chose to try it out on this Bullitt. An interesting detail that should be noted here is that this Bullitt was wearing manufacturer plates, so the possibility of this being someone’s personal car that was wrapped is out of the question. Whatever the case, the special edition Mustang wears it well."

S650 Mustang S550 Bullitt Being Benchmarked - S650 Bullitt Imminent? 1664894324998
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Unfortunately I think the Bullitt name has run its course. Had it not been for the sale of the original Bullitt I do not think the 2019 would have been as popular as it was. The 2020 did not do well at all.

As a lover of the car, the movie, and the man I wanted a 2019 but couldn't physically handle the M6.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
Imo the Bullit name should be retired. It's an obscure reference for many, or for most.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Imo the Bullit name should be retired. It's an obscure reference for many, or for most.
sold a TON more than the Mach 1 though. Granted manufacturing constraints (and price up-charge) may have been a factor as well. I think the people who buy "special editions" shot their wad on the Bullitt and relatively few people were left to chase a Mach 1.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Man some of these websites are really reaching for straws nowadays for clicks and views. Just because some random car has a matte wrap that automatically means a new model must be coming.

What next, you see an S550 with Shelby wheels and oh snap that means the S650 Shelby is imminent?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I do see more Bullitts than Mach1's on the road, but I'd also like to see it just be an appearance package that ANY Mustang can get. I think a GT350 or Hi-Po EcoBoost would have looked great in DHG.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I do see more Bullitts than Mach1's on the road, but I'd also like to see it just be an appearance package that ANY Mustang can get. I think a GT350 or Hi-Po EcoBoost would have looked great in DHG.
You see more of them as they were mainly built pre Covid. Dealers had plenty of them. Mach 1 started just after the peak of Covid. I believe the demand was there but not the production capability. This could speak to why they are carrying over for 2023.

As far as a package, you know as well as anyone that the Bullitt has always been a unique model. Making it an appearance package would just dilute the name. Same goes for DHG. Maybe come back with Guard or another similar dark green.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Matte paint tester

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The Bullitt literally rotted on dealer lots and had 10k+ off MSRP discounts just to get them out. It was overpriced to begin with and wasn't really that special outside of color and badges. I would be shocked if they actually did an S650 version. I'm hoping we'll see a BOSS this round.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
The Bullitt literally rotted on dealer lots and had 10k+ off MSRP discounts just to get them out. It was overpriced to begin with and wasn't really that special outside of color and badges. I would be shocked if they actually did an S650 version. I'm hoping we'll see a BOSS this round.
I'm hoping for a BOSS too. However, if they do an S650 Bullitt with a Tremec, I think that might make the Bullitt more enticing than the S550 Bullitt.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm hoping for a BOSS too. However, if they do an S650 Bullitt with a Tremec, I think that might make the Bullitt more enticing than the S550 Bullitt.
Tremec‘s are put into performance models. Although they did get a couple of power upgrades I still do not consider the Bullitt a performance model. Now the Boss will have a Tremec. And maybe a dark green color!

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Tremec‘s are put into performance models. Although they did get a couple of power upgrades I still do not consider the Bullitt a performance model. Now the Boss will have a Tremec. And maybe a dark green color!
I hope so dude. In the alternative to a full on Bullitt edition, they could very well just make HG a standard color option - limit it to two years, and you have your unofficial Bullitt. If I'm honest, I'd probably prefer an unofficial Bullitt to an official edition with badges, etc.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
You see more of them as they were mainly built pre Covid. Dealers had plenty of them. Mach 1 started just after the peak of Covid. I believe the demand was there but not the production capability. This could speak to why they are carrying over for 2023.

As far as a package, you know as well as anyone that the Bullitt has always been a unique model. Making it an appearance package would just dilute the name. Same goes for DHG. Maybe come back with Guard or another similar dark green.
But the original car itself wasn't. It was just any other Green GT just with a 390. There wasn't anything special about it other than it was the option pack they picked for the movie. there isnt any reason there cant be a 60's throwback looking EcoBoost or a Mach1 or GT in DHG most of what is "special" about the car can be added to ANY Mustang through just the parts catalog. Put a Power Pack and Bullitt wheels/knob on a PPL2 and you have Bullitt that just handles better. Put the wheels/bumper on a EcoBoost ad you have a Bullitt thats just Not a V8. I've never seen anything special about it other than the color. Even in 2007 when decided on a 2001 Bullitt or a 2003 Mach1. I LOVED the color of the Bullitt, but its just a GT. The Mach1 was a whole different engine. As much as I love DHG I just see "Bullitt" as a cash grab by Ford at the end of the day. Same with any Anniversary packages. At least the Mach1/Boss cars get really noticeable upgrades. We just get paint, and wheels that have already been reused for other cars in another color, that IMO look better in that color too.

12-13 Boss: bespoke version of the 5.0 just to it and handling upgrades
03-04 Mach1: best version of the 4.6 32v to ever go into a Mustang and the shaker.
01-09 Bullitts: Ford Racing intake kits and tune, with some small suspension upgrades, in the case of 08-09 not MUCH different from the Shelby GT the 2 years previous.
Current Bullitt: just some FP parts, not even the small handing upgrades that other gens got. Would have been really easy to give them PPL2 bars and springs, but nope...

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The Dark Horse is really not leaving space for another Bullitt imho. I think both Bullitt and Mach 1 weren't the huge things Ford wanted them to be, so they created the Dark Horse to have a more attractive name for younger audiences.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
From Ford Authority: https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/f...in-matte-dark-highland-green-paint-exclusive/

FORD MUSTANG BULLITT SPOTTED TESTING IN MATTE DARK HIGHLAND GREEN PAINT: EXCLUSIVE

" As a reminder, the last Ford Mustang Bullitt rolled off the Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant in late 2020, marking the end of the special edition pony car’s run. It was built as a tribute to the legendary movie car driven by Steve McQueen in Bullitt. Power for the S550 model was sourced from an upgraded version of the Ford 5.0L V8 Coyote rated at 480 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque. It was mated exclusively to the MT82 six-speed manual transmission. Interestingly, the Mustang Bullitt proved to be more popular overseas than in the U.S.

The fact that Ford seems to be testing a matte paint option shows that The Blue Oval adapts to changing trends in the color and trim part of the house. In fact, Ford acknowledged last year that bronze wheels are a trend. Now, the automaker is offering a Bronze Design Series Appearance Package on the all-new, 2024 Mustang.

The sighting of this matte Mustang Bullitt doesn’t necessarily indicate that there’s a new iteration of the special edition Mustang on the way. Rather, Ford is likely testing out a factory matte paint color it intends to offer in the future and chose to try it out on this Bullitt. An interesting detail that should be noted here is that this Bullitt was wearing manufacturer plates, so the possibility of this being someone’s personal car that was wrapped is out of the question. Whatever the case, the special edition Mustang wears it well."

1664894324998.png
Time will tell, if ford's experimenting with matte colors, I hope that green isn't one they decide to use. It doesn't look cool to me, it just looks like a bulllitt after being left in the sun for 25 years lol.
Sponsored