• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rims if Ford is doing a Fox theme

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
EDU_difference_rims_wheels_002?wid=375.jpg

The rim is part of the wheel. Just saying. 😜
Post #10 in this thread. I think Ford disagrees with you.

And the wheel includes the tire. Rim is without the tire.

But you definitely have the right to your incorrect opinion.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Post #10 in this thread. I think Ford disagrees with you.

And the wheel includes the tire. Rim is without the tire.

But you definitely have the right to your incorrect opinion.
I see why they call you “Hack”. My post wasn’t an opinion, it was a statement of fact, Karen.

Ahh, that Ignore feature works well.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

100%, however the wave of young idiots who don't know the difference is impossible to stop. Even some wheel company employees call them "rims" Stupidity is widespread these days. Common sense is no longer common.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco
Just wondering if Ford will do something like the 10 holes or turbines if they are doing a Fox theme on the next Mustang. Anyone like these?
1650304017216.png
Once upon a time, I had the turbines so I like them more than most. I’m also a fan of the two tone paint. Not sure how it would work on a S650, but you never know.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

I don’t agree with the above diagram…,.in my 40+ years as a automotive enthusiast wheel/rim has had the same meaning. A wheel, also referred to as a rim, can be further broken down into specific areas such as face, spoke, inner barrel., outer lip, inner lip, lug holes etc. That has always been my understanding. Have I been in the dark about the meaning of wheels/rims?

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
1650545668737.png

This was one of the best looking wheels on a fox. The ROH ZR6, not a factory Ford rim, but very sharp.
I had a set of these on my 90LX Hatchback. They were 17x8.5 if I remember correctly.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I don’t agree with the above diagram…,.in my 40+ years as a automotive enthusiast wheel/rim has had the same meaning. A wheel, also referred to as a rim, can be further broken down into specific areas such as face, spoke, inner barrel., outer lip, inner lip, lug holes etc. That has always been my understanding. Have I been in the dark about the meaning of wheels/rims?
Technically the rim is a specific part of a wheel, but also practically speaking, it should be fine to use interchangeably as a form of slang.

Like how dudes go “uh akshually, it’s a magazine, not a clip,” when talking about guns. The point still gets across to the lay person.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
The TRX wheel that used a metric tire size. I remember they became really cheap once the tires were no longer available. This is an aftermarket wheel that has the same style but uses tires you can actually purchase.

1650417281320.png
The '94-'95 version:

S650 Mustang Rims if Ford is doing a Fox theme s-l1600

I don't see them doing a Fox-inspired wheel, but I hope they break out of the all-black doldrums that everyone is doing these days. Real sick of it.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Royal Crimson convertible
This thread has me imagining updated turbine, pony, 10 hole, and 93 cobra wheels. I would assume the ponys would be the best set for a modern interpretation, but who knows? I do like both of the optional Mach 1 wheel options currently.

I can't tell you how bad I wanted/want a teal 93 Cobra.
1650514781286.png
Those were right and left handed, were they not?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I have heard people in Minnesota use the term rim since I was in high school when individuals were referring to the object tires were mounted onto.