• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

cluster theme not saving

Mrswear2god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Does anyone know why when I set up personal profiles on my s650 the cluster always reverts to track and I can't save it as any other one.,
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Does anyone know why when I set up personal profiles on my s650 the cluster always reverts to track and I can't save it as any other one.,
are you changing the drive mode to custom when you turn the car on? if not itll revert back to the default cluster.

MikeMustang9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2024 Premium
Hey Everyone.

I made an account just to post the fix or the confusion on this as I was having the same issue. The settings would only save if I had a guest profile on meaning shut off personal profiles.
I had my personal profile name "Mike" but the settings weren't saved. I tried linking my profile to the Fob but it would still reset the gauge I prefer the sport gauge over the normal.

What I found as the fix is that after I selected my profile "Mike", any changes I made to the settings, I would then hold down the button on the side door for my seat memory. So I held down "1", after doing so it should pop up with a message about saving. Now all my gauges, lighting, etc, are working to all the custom settings I put in.

Hope this fixes your issues and let me know how it goes!

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Hey Everyone.

I made an account just to post the fix or the confusion on this as I was having the same issue. The settings would only save if I had a guest profile on meaning shut off personal profiles.
I had my personal profile name "Mike" but the settings weren't saved. I tried linking my profile to the Fob but it would still reset the gauge I prefer the sport gauge over the normal.

What I found as the fix is that after I selected my profile "Mike", any changes I made to the settings, I would then hold down the button on the side door for my seat memory. So I held down "1", after doing so it should pop up with a message about saving. Now all my gauges, lighting, etc, are working to all the custom settings I put in.

This is a nice little work around if it works, I will give it a try later. Root issue for cluster reset stems back to user profiles. If you delete and don't create a profile the settings will save just fine and retain them. Hopefully a fix to come in the future for user profiles if this functionality is unintended.

Last edited:

MikeMustang9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I tried doing the reset but it didn't work for me. Its annoying and im hoping for a system update but so far it has worked great for me.

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hey Everyone.

Wait, by fob, are you saying there is a way for the car to act differently depending on what fob you are using? For example, If my wife has the second fob the car would know to put the seat all the way up so she can reach the pedals. LOL if so, This is awesome.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait, by fob, are you saying there is a way for the car to act differently depending on what fob you are using? For example, If my wife has the second fob the car would know to put the seat all the way up so she can reach the pedals. LOL if so, This is awesome.
key FOBs can be tied to user profiles, and the vehicle will know whose FOB it is when entering the vehicle. The issue is that settings assigned to user profiles haven't been retaining the settings.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hey Everyone.

I tried that but it didn't work on mine. But I will give it another try just in case there was an over-the-air update that fixed this.

MikeMustang9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
key FOBs can be tied to user profiles, and the vehicle will know whose FOB it is when entering the vehicle. The issue is that settings assigned to user profiles haven't been retaining the settings.
I understand. That was my issue too. When I used the method to save the settings to the memory seat on the door, it reloaded my settings every time now.

I'm hoping this helps folks. I was just trying to be helpful.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand. That was my issue too. When I used the method to save the settings to the memory seat on the door, it reloaded my settings every time now.

I'm hoping this helps folks. I was just trying to be helpful.
No issue! I haven't been able to try out your method yet. The community would be entirely thankful for this work around since Ford hasn't acknowledged or addressed it with a software update yet and it's been a known issue since launch.

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
Hey Everyone.

Please fix the cluster theme. I like my screen to show NORMAL but it sporadically changes it to TRACK mode. I can sometimes go 2 days with it staying in NORMAL mode then the next day, out of the blue, it will change to TRACK mode every time I crank the car that day. It is so irritating!!! Is it just me or does this happen to others?

When I select my profile & long press the "1" on the side door the dang cluster theme changes from NORMAL to TRACK mode. It will not save it to NORMAL.

S650 Mustang cluster theme not saving 20240117_070843

MikeMustang9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
try making the change, first. back out of the menu. Then hold down your seat memory button down.

If that doesn't work then its something ford will have to fix with an update sadly :/
Sponsored