• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos)

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
The sedan market is almost non-existence at this point.
The Accord and Camry sold almost 500,000 units in the US in 2020 alone. The segment isn't dead, US automakers just got lazy and didn't want to compete, so they took their ball and went home.
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) fdmrlzta410

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) qk2n1ziefmd

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That is a good looking car, although once you see it on a set of smaller 17" wheels for production, it'll lose a bit of impact. You can definitely see the influence of that sculpture.

I just hope S650 doesn't have that separate lamp (headlamp? fog lamp?) in the front bumper. Surrounded by all that black plastic, it looks cheap on the Evos, and doesn't look good here, either.

Lets hope the new Fusion/Mondeo isn't just for China.

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) fdmrlzta410

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Something I meant to post earlier.......in a recent Stangmode video he mentioned (again) that Chris Stevens is working on S650. Stangmode is an acquaintance of Chris Stevens and Chris designed the S550 '18 refresh and the '20 GT500.

In a previous video from a couple of years ago (it was at the Woodward Dream Cruise 2018) Chris Stevens first confirmed he was working on S650.

Watch from 3m 55sec here:

And again from 3m 45 sec here from a very recent video (Stangmode does give a nod to M7G at the start of the video and reiterates that Chris Stevens is working on S650)

My assumption is that Chris is leading the design of S650, although I guess it could be that he just put a proposal forward along with a number of other designers, one of which would be chosen for production.

I mention this as the sketches of the Fusion/Mondeo appear to be by "Nathan K".........but clearly they are following the new design language which was first seen on that sculpture.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Something I meant to post earlier.......in a recent Stangmode video he mentioned (again) that Chris Stevens is working on S650. Stangmode is an acquaintance of Chris Stevens and Chris designed the S550 '18 refresh and the '20 GT500.
I don't know if that would actually be good news. To be honest I never really liked 18 refresh, the triangles and pulled down front looked off compared to the 2015. The fake vents on the GT500 also wasn't really my thing.

But I totally agree that Ford should finally stop using two different light units. I still think they wil still do it, but it just has something outdated to it. Just add everything to a single headlight unit. And please get rid of all non-LED lights. Even a GT500 still has these ugly yellow bulbs in the interior, wtf Ford

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I don't know if that would actually be good news. To be honest I never really liked 18 refresh, the triangles and pulled down front looked off compared to the 2015. The fake vents on the GT500 also wasn't really my thing.

+1, however, while I'm not a fan of the 18+ refresh, I am a very big fan of the GT500's design.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
That is a good looking car, although once you see it on a set of smaller 17" wheels for production, it'll lose a bit of impact. You can definitely see the influence of that sculpture.

I just hope S650 doesn't have that separate lamp (headlamp? fog lamp?) in the front bumper. Surrounded by all that black plastic, it looks cheap on the Evos, and doesn't look good here, either.

Lets hope the new Fusion/Mondeo isn't just for China.

fdmrlzta410.jpg

I genuinely hope that both this car comes to the US and that the S650 mirrors it's styling in the same way that the 1st gen s550 mirrored the prior fusion. Would make for a perfect set of replacements for my 17 GT and 16 Fusion.

I especially like the non-slab siding, giving it a more sculpted look.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
I believe someone else mentioned this. Exterior looks good, but please Ford, do not use the interior of the Mach-e, specifically the huge infotainment screen stuck on the dash.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I believe someone else mentioned this. Exterior looks good, but please Ford, do not use the interior of the Mach-e, specifically the huge infotainment screen stuck on the dash.
I'ld bet my ass on it that the Mondeo will look like this:

https://imgr1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Ford-Evos-bigMobileWide2x-fccab64a-1786366.jpg

There is almost no reason to belive it would look much different. Besides, I think it looks good and modern. Fitting for a sedan like Mondeo.

On the S650 I would opt for a more traditional layout as it is built for a different audience.