• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Wow!! I had the sort of the same issue regarding the Custom Mode in the MyMustang menu upon leaving work. Posted on here and got a couple of replies at best. In the end, I just let the car sit for over an hour and when I went back out to retry, the problem had corrected itself. I didn't however, lose the MyMustang function at all but just the Custom Mode Profile. Hope that this can get resolved for you soon. You're in the right place for tips, options and support as I've learned that @roadpilot, @rugedraw @Zig , along with several of other Members, are SUPER helpful and have plenty of insight and information that's very helpful.

Hang in there cause it can be very frustrating.
Sponsored

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
You're in the right place for tips, options and support as I've learned that @roadpilot, @rugedraw @Zig , along with several of other Members, are SUPER helpful and have plenty of insight and information that's very helpful.
Yea, but I'm the best looking one of the bunch ... :cwl:

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Wow!! I had the sort of the same issue regarding the Custom Mode in the MyMustang menu upon leaving work. Posted on here and got a couple of replies at best. In the end, I just let the car sit for over an hour and when I went back out to retry, the problem had corrected itself. I didn't however, lose the MyMustang function at all but just the Custom Mode Profile. Hope that this can get resolved for you soon. You're in the right place for tips, options and support as I've learned that @roadpilot, @rugedraw @Zig , along with several of other Members, are SUPER helpful and have plenty of insight and information that's very helpful.

Hang in there cause it can be very frustrating.
Yeah it seems we had the same problem, but it looks like mine is more of a persistent and reoccurring issue. Every once in a while it will work for a short while, but then won't be operational for hours/days. I hope it can get fixed soon, too. :)

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it seems we had the same problem, but it looks like mine is more of a persistent and reoccurring issue. Every once in a while it will work for a short while, but then won't be operational for hours/days. I hope it can get fixed soon, too. :)

Wow!! And even though it's a very small thing, it bugged me to no end. Now, I have to put it in Sport Mode and select Track Exhaust (Spoiled much)!!! Lmbo!!! It was just the fact that it was a random thing but I sincerely hope that they (Ford or Local Dealerships) can get your issue resolved.

🤞🤞🤞

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Which also means if an update is released that would FIX something, you're not getting it, either (double-edged sword, right?).

This past weekend, I applied the only 2 outstanding updates my DH had waiting @ FDRS (the BCM and PCM, which many have not gotten via OTA yet per @rugedraw). I am fully up to date and am not having any issues ATM.
Ironically I’ve only heard people talk about updates breaking things, not fixing squat lmao. I’ll take the updates, but only after everyone else is the guinea pig

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ironically I’ve only heard people talk about updates breaking things, not fixing squat lmao. I’ll take the updates, but only after everyone else is the guinea pig
I've had a number of OTA updates fix things with my F150.

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Dropped it off at the dealer this morning. I’ll update once I hear word back.

Reactions: Zig

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping that they can narrow down your issue and get it rectified.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Yea, but I'm the best looking one of the bunch ... :cwl:
Although don’t know you good enough to say, that’s not what wifey said 😁

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although don’t know you good enough to say, that’s not what wifey said 😁
She would tell me I'm pretty even if I was ugly ... she's kind nice like that, @Zig!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
She would tell me I'm pretty even if I was ugly ... she's kind nice like that, @Zig!
Point, counter point, nailed it. Yeppers, fortunately thats the way it works here as well.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Point, counter point, nailed it. Yeppers, fortunately thats the way it works here as well.
We are both lucky men.

Reactions: Zig

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Ford and other manufacturers need to bring back buttons and knobs for major functions as it will be real fun to operate these vehicles when years from now , out of warranty , these touchscreens stay dark and you cant even operate your heater/ac on a bitter cold or hot day…

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
*Knocking on wood* The latest OTA update(s) have seemed to resolve a lot of my initial issues with the infotainment system. The only thing that still changes randomly is my clock will switch back to 12-hour mode and the shift point resets back to 4000 RPM. Otherwise, it seems that the majority of my settings are now sticking (i.e. saving).

I have noticed one thing. In the past, even with Apple CarPlay enabled/running, you could access the vehicle's built-in navigation. Looks like now that if you are using CarPlay (I assume Android Auto is the same, but cannot test), you no longer can access the vehicle's built-in navigation system.
Sponsored