• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hello all,

I’m reaching out due to persistent problems with my S650 infotainment system, which have been happening intermittently over the last few weeks. I am looking for advice or to hear if anyone has experienced similar issues.

Initially, the issue manifested when I noticed the ‘MyMustang’ menu was missing the custom mode profile option, and I couldn’t access the WiFi menu or update settings. However, the Mustang app on my phone still worked for remote operations.

After these issues first appeared, I took the car to the dealership. They briefly checked it and claimed everything was fine, but the issue reoccurred right in their parking lot. A service advisor witnessed the problem, and as I was explaining the issue in depth, the connected services resumed, and everything started functioning again. He was as puzzled as I was, but said it should be working now, so I left. The next day, the problems returned.

On the dealership’s advice, I undertook several troubleshooting steps:

1. Complete Settings Reset: I reset all settings in the infotainment menu to factory defaults.

2. Battery Disconnection: I disconnected the batteries, waited, and reconnected them.

3. Vehicle Rest: I let the car sit for several hours in an area with good cellular reception.

4. Soft Reset of SYNC System: Performed using the steering wheel buttons.

A few days after these steps, the system updated itself, temporarily resolving the issues and adding the classic gauge cluster to the display options. However, today, the same problems have returned.

I have tried the normal start, key fob remote start, and using the app to see if there is any difference. Seemingly, if I start the car using the app there is a higher chance that connected services work.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions for further troubleshooting before considering another trip to the dealership.

Thank you in advance for your help!

S650 Mustang Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang IMG_9054

S650 Mustang Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang IMG_9053
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Really just sounds like a bug. What software version are you on? I would reach out to @Ford Motor Company on here and/or submit some feedback via the voice button added in the recent software update.

I've been saying, turn OFF automatic updates for everyone until we know there are no issues. While most seem to be good, here is a great example of someone's whose isn't working. Unfortunately, if certain virtual buttons are disappearing I highly doubt any of us are going to be able to help. Likely need to replace some infotainment components or figure out how to revert software versions.

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Really just sounds like a bug. What software version are you on? I would reach out to @Ford Motor Company on here and/or submit some feedback via the voice button added in the recent software update.

I've been saying, turn OFF automatic updates for everyone until we know there are no issues. While most seem to be good, here is a great example of someone's whose isn't working. Unfortunately, if certain virtual buttons are disappearing I highly doubt any of us are going to be able to help. Likely need to replace some infotainment components or figure out how to revert software versions.
From what I recall, I believe the car is now running 6.4.0 (I cannot actually access the update menu to see). I attempted to submit feedback, but that didn't work so I ended up calling Ford. They seemed stumped at the issue and it's back to the dealer again.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Yes, 6.4.0 was the last OTA you got. Your car has been reporting this ethernet failure code between the GWM and APIM.

Do you have FORScan?

S650 Mustang Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang Picture5

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yes, 6.4.0 was the last OTA you got. Your car has been reporting this ethernet failure code between the GWM and APIM.

Do you have FORScan?

Picture5.png
Unfortunately, I do not.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, I do not.
No worries. In this case, I highly doubt what I was going to recommend you try would fix anything. Unfortunately, it seems like the dealer is going to have to check why it keeps reporting this code. The first time it popped up was on 4/3 which was before you got your first OTA, so it isn't an after-effect of any of the updates you got.

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No worries. In this case, I highly doubt what I was going to recommend you try would fix anything. Unfortunately, it seems like the dealer is going to have to check why it keeps reporting this code. The first time it popped up was on 4/3 which was before you got your first OTA, so it isn't an after-effect of any of the updates you got.
I really appreciate you looking into this - I’ll pass it along to the dealer too and hopefully this will help actually get the issues resolved.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really appreciate you looking into this - I’ll pass it along to the dealer too and hopefully this will help actually get the issues resolved.
While you're at it, your car has reported DTC U211B in the ABS module a few times. There is an OTA that addresses this, but you have not gotten it yet. There is an update to the ABS module to prevent a no crank/no start issue affecting these cars. Show them this SSM and see if you can get them to do it for you.

Attachments

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello all,

I’m reaching out due to persistent problems with my S650 infotainment system, which have been happening intermittently over the last few weeks. I am looking for advice or to hear if anyone has experienced similar issues.

Initially, the issue manifested when I noticed the ‘MyMustang’ menu was missing the custom mode profile option, and I couldn’t access the WiFi menu or update settings. However, the Mustang app on my phone still worked for remote operations.

After these issues first appeared, I took the car to the dealership. They briefly checked it and claimed everything was fine, but the issue reoccurred right in their parking lot. A service advisor witnessed the problem, and as I was explaining the issue in depth, the connected services resumed, and everything started functioning again. He was as puzzled as I was, but said it should be working now, so I left. The next day, the problems returned.

On the dealership’s advice, I undertook several troubleshooting steps:

1. Complete Settings Reset: I reset all settings in the infotainment menu to factory defaults.

2. Battery Disconnection: I disconnected the batteries, waited, and reconnected them.

3. Vehicle Rest: I let the car sit for several hours in an area with good cellular reception.

4. Soft Reset of SYNC System: Performed using the steering wheel buttons.

A few days after these steps, the system updated itself, temporarily resolving the issues and adding the classic gauge cluster to the display options. However, today, the same problems have returned.

I have tried the normal start, key fob remote start, and using the app to see if there is any difference. Seemingly, if I start the car using the app there is a higher chance that connected services work.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions for further troubleshooting before considering another trip to the dealership.

Thank you in advance for your help!

IMG_9054.png

IMG_9053.png
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I've been saying, turn OFF automatic updates for everyone until we know there are no issues.
Which also means if an update is released that would FIX something, you're not getting it, either (double-edged sword, right?).

This past weekend, I applied the only 2 outstanding updates my DH had waiting @ FDRS (the BCM and PCM, which many have not gotten via OTA yet per @rugedraw). I am fully up to date and am not having any issues ATM.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which also means if an update is released that would FIX something, you're not getting it, either (double-edged sword, right?).

This past weekend, I applied the only 2 outstanding updates my DH had waiting @ FDRS (the BCM and PCM, which many have not gotten via OTA yet per @rugedraw). I am fully up to date and am not having any issues ATM.
It's ok. The Official Ford account is here.

S650 Mustang Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang giphy

I was starting to get worried for a minute there. :exhale:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
@rugedraw, you got jokes today ... :crackup:
Sponsored