• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recommendations for a 7G order

Tomasfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a 2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Hello and thanks for approving my registration to the site. I've always been a GM guy and decided to get into a convertible sports/muscle car. I looked at the Jaguar F type- too stiff suspension. I looked into the Lexus LC500 and too pricey. I thought the Camaro was too outdated interior wise and too much of an issue with blind spots. I test drove the 7G GT Mustang Convertible and fell in love. It brought me great joy driving this vehicle! I was so impressed with the Mustang!!! For my future use, I'm not taking this to the track, and I'm not drag racing this car. It will be used for city driving, touring, and the occasional back roads drive. With a decision to order and get what I want, what packages or additions do you recommend?

2024 GT Mustang Convertible
I'm getting the automatic due to current knee issues and knee issues in the past.
* Definitely ordering 401A
* Also getting the active exhaust package.
**Do I get the 3.17 or the 3.55 differential? I have heard to get the 3.55 with the convertible being a little heavier
**Do I get the brembo brakes? Is it worth it for the package price point?
**I like the bronze package, but sure about the wheel options. Do you recommend getting aftermarket wheels and add aftermarket badging?
**What about the GT Performance Package? Would it be a waste for how I want to use the car? I also read the GT Performance Package would make the convertible more "noodle like" in performance and add to the cowl shake.
Lastly, I've never ordered a car. Will the dealer negotiate or is it MSRP only?

I'm totally knew to muscle cars and would appreciate any suggestions on customizing this vehicle.

Thank you for reading!
Sponsored

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
I would go 3.55. No need for Brembo or PP for your needs.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Not knowing how bad your knees are you might reconsider the manual if you like them. I found the clutch much easer to operate than anything else I have driven. My knees are good as I have taken good care of them over the years but we did a double knee replacement on my roommate. If you are of medicare age, the right knee replacement surgery can do wonders. No pain and currently 130 degrees of bend. There are other similar knees but our surgeon used Striker which pretty well left the bone intact speeding recovery.
As for ordering, I had to order because I wanted the dark horse however there are enough cars in dealer stock that you might be able to get what you want without an order. If a dealer can't get it out of stock, they may still be willing to reduce the price just to keep the order. All part of bargaining. Remember ordering is an advantage to the dealer because they don't have to hold the car in stock which cost them money. They get their money as soon as the car arrives.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I went GT Premium Coupe, 401A, active exhaust, automatic , stripes and that's about it. My needs are much like yours so I saw no need for PP or Brembo's or even gearing changes. I will say that on my 03 Vert automatic, 3.73 gears woke it up big time. Also I installed a Maximum Motorsports strut tower brace and full length weld in sub-frame connectors both of which made a huge difference in handling and much less cowl shake. I plan on getting a strut tower brace for my 2024 as well mostly because it looks cool :) Good luck!!

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
I would get the 3.55 gears and the active exhaust it really adds allot to the car sound wise and performance. Your buying the 5.0 for performance and the 3.55 will wake it up. Drove a 3.15 and 3.55 back to back and it makes a big difference.

Last edited:

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I'm all about the performance package. You may not use it but it still makes the car look really cool. Lol

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Hello and thanks for approving my registration to the site. I've always been a GM guy and decided to get into a convertible sports/muscle car. I looked at the Jaguar F type- too stiff suspension. I looked into the Lexus LC500 and too pricey. I thought the Camaro was too outdated interior wise and too much of an issue with blind spots. I test drove the 7G GT Mustang Convertible and fell in love. It brought me great joy driving this vehicle! I was so impressed with the Mustang!!! For my future use, I'm not taking this to the track, and I'm not drag racing this car. It will be used for city driving, touring, and the occasional back roads drive. With a decision to order and get what I want, what packages or additions do you recommend?

I'm getting the automatic due to current knee issues and knee issues in the past.
**Do I get the 3.17 or the 3.55 differential? I have heard to get the 3.55 with the convertible being a little heavier
**I like the bronze package, but sure about the wheel options. Do you recommend getting aftermarket wheels and add aftermarket badging?
**What about the GT Performance Package? Would it be a waste for how I want to use the car? I also read the GT Performance Package would make the convertible more "noodle like" in performance and add to the cowl shake.

I'm totally knew to muscle cars and would appreciate any suggestions on customizing this vehicle.

Thank you for reading!
Please don't pay MSRP! Search for X-Plan on this forum. If you ordered the car tomorrow you wouldn't have it in 90 days, so it's worth the membership to MCA.

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I ordered auto, Brembo brakes, active exhaust and the 401A package. I stayed with the 3.17 gearing. With the 10 speed auto, didn't think I needed 3.55. I like the look of the Brembo Brakes. The crazy drivers on the highways---well, being able to stop or slow down quicker might not be a bad idea. Might even help on insurance cost (don't know this as fact just a thought). I didn't order the performance pack. Cost and the fact I won't be tracking the car were the deal breaker for me. Don't think I'll miss it. Sounds like you put a lot of thought into your order. In my opinion you've made great choices.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i personally recommend getting the GT Performance Package just for the Torsen differential (it's solid-state instead of having clutch packs, and works instantly instead of needing slip), the oil cooler, and the brembo brakes (you really just can't go wrong with them). getting the GTPP also allows you to get Magneride suspension and gives you the ability to add race red seatbelts (unless you have the Carmine Red interior), which would probably look great with red painted brakes. here are some ones i put together which, in my opinion, look pretty good

Rapid Red, Red Brakes, GTPP, Bronze Package
S650 Mustang Recommendations for a 7G order 1699837032290

Atlas Blue, Blue Brakes, GTPP, Nite Pony
S650 Mustang Recommendations for a 7G order 1699837120678

Oxford White, Black Brakes, GTPP, Nite Pony
S650 Mustang Recommendations for a 7G order 1699837185053

Yellow Splash, Red Brakes, GTPP + optional wheels
S650 Mustang Recommendations for a 7G order 1699837441959

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
- For what you're doing, no need for performance pack since you'll be cruising.

- Stick with the 10-Speed and 3.15 gears as you'll get great fuel economy on the street relatively speaking for a V8.

-You should still opt for the Brembo Brakes and the active valve exhaust though as I feel those are some can't miss options that add to the experience, styling, appeal etc..

- with 401A you get to pick a colored interior which Carmine Red looks pretty nice (esp when you got red brembos already) and its a dark red not necessarily what is shown on the configurator. Add Bronze package because it looks pretty good paired with oxford white.

-$62,165

S650 Mustang Recommendations for a 7G order 1699882093955

S650 Mustang Recommendations for a 7G order 1699882132398

S650 Mustang Recommendations for a 7G order 1699882179201

S650 Mustang Recommendations for a 7G order 1699882216122

S650 Mustang Recommendations for a 7G order 1699882270916

Stangry97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Thank you for reading!
If you do the performance package you’ll get the 3.55 and the Brembos.

OP
OP

Tomasfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the responses! I appreciate your input as knowledgeable Mustang enthusiasts.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
I had built a convertible with 401a package, active exhaust (love the sound options), 10 sp, 3.55 gears (little more punch) engine block heater, I live in NW Wisconsin and even though my garage is heated thought I should add this option. Love that it doesn’t come with auto stop/start. Have had the car for 1 week, over 500 miles on it, love it. Also love that the GT’s do not get the auto stop/start. I’m 74, and this is my 8th Mustang. Looks like the weather will be turning up here next week, so it will be put to bed for the winter.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
I recommend you don't overlook the EcoBoost, it's a pretty nice car with plenty of oomph and has several advantages over the GT if you're just cruising.

Although I would have preferred a 6-speed manual (especially since I could have had the Tremec), I also got the 10A transmission - at extra cost. Blew out my left ankle in the sandbox 15 years ago and it hurts to operate the clutch. Mine is a daily driver too, and the 10A takes care of that issue.

The Brembos are just ferocious. If you like the thought of stopping on a dime, then def worth it, but keep in mind they are not exactly built for comfort, and there's the added expense of replacement.

Regarding the bronze package, I'm at a loss. If you like it enough to pay extra for it, why are you already thinking about paying even more to change it later? Just ponder on it for a bit.

The PP does look eviler, but for daily driving that's the only benefit. The biggest drawback IMHO is the lower stance and extruded nose that will be a hassle on those pesky ski-jump driveways. The suspension is also stiffer and less comfy. Probably harder to get in/out too, and with those bum knees...

Keep in mind, you don't get to order a car straight from Ford, you must go to a dealer and THEY place the order for you. The question becomes, then, which dealer is willing to do that for less. When I ordered the Rucio Moro, I shopped around until I found a dealer willing to place the order for what I wanted to pay. My neighbor owns a dealership and he wanted $15K on top of MSRP. Now he only gets to look at the Rucio on my driveway as he drives by every day.

Ordering should be the last resort. You could in theory get a car ordered for less than MSRP, but I doubt it. There's no reason why a dealer will sell you something that is not on his lot at a discount. I recommend you do the build and price and let the Ford app search nearby inventory. You always get the best deals on cars that are sitting on the lot cause the dealer has to move them, especially at the end of the month and even more at the end of the year.

OP
OP

Tomasfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please don't pay MSRP! Search for X-Plan on this forum. If you ordered the car tomorrow you wouldn't have it in 90 days, so it's worth the membership to MCA.
So I took your advice. I registered with MCA over a week ago. I talked to my dealer today. The earliest a build would take is 8 weeks. Ford takes a two week break around late Dec. for the holiday. So my plan is to order Dec. 18. The earliest the mustang would arrive is Feb. 12 (that's not even counting the break). The 90 required with MCA put me at Feb. 10. So I can apply the X plan then. That should give me plenty of time as I expect the build to be more of 10-12 weeks. Dealer says that would save me some money as they don't deal beyond the MSRP on Mustangs. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!
Sponsored