• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looking for advice for trying to order a gt500 when its announced in 2025 or whenever

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone that has bought a gt350 or gt500 in the past, can you literally just order it how you want on the website or its it actually a convoluted nightmare? I reached out to a large dealership to get a dark horse and he completely shut it down just saying they don't get much of an "allocation." What would I need to do to try and ensure some kind of success?

Thanks for any advice. I did try to do my own research, but kind of came up dry for articles about this. My dad just said its probably about who you know or politics at the dealership and I would have to go start buttering them up them now.
Sponsored

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Anyone that has bought a gt350 or gt500 in the past, can you literally just order it how you want on the website or its it actually a convoluted nightmare? I reached out to a large dealership to get a dark horse and he completely shut it down just saying they don't get much of an "allocation." What would I need to do to try and ensure some kind of success?

Thanks for any advice. I did try to do my own research, but kind of came up dry for articles about this. My dad just said its probably about who you know or politics at the dealership and I would have to go start buttering them up them now.
Honestly, I would look for another dealer... I stopped by a high volume mustang dealer when I started shopping in july. They didn't sound to interested in ordering one for me... told me horror stories of the bronco guys long wait times, and showed me every S550 on the lot. I sent a link to my S650 build to the large dealer (an hour away) and to my local small town dealer (15 min away). The local one got back to me in a couple hours, the larger one the next day. Apparently the large dealer could not open the link to my build... so I sent a pdf of it... and never heard back from them. The local dealer was happy to place the order and was honest and up front about allocations and ordering time-line (told me 3 - 4 months but got in about 2 1/2). They kept in touch the whole way and the salesman even sent me a birthday card last week... and I picked up the car end of September. I'm too old to deal with shitty customer service... the local dealer will get my business!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I started working with a dealer close to my home because the salesman was a relative of our employee. He couldn't sell me a 2023 because the order books were closed and when they briefly opened, he didn't get me in. When the order books opened for the 2024 they only had two dark horse allocations and they were both committed. The salesman suggested I look at another dealer so I went to the dealer we have been using for vehicle service. They had 10 allocations and I was able to get number five.
The dealer makes a difference and like any employee, you are permitted to interview them and see if they can meet your needs. If they can't offer a plan to get what you need, look for somebody who can help you.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
My bro bought a 2020 GT500 when they slashed rates and before inflation took off…

so a little bit of luck…. But… there was no “ordering” they run a lottery system… so you have to call dealers… and be SERIOUS business ready to come get it… there was no test drive or any dumb stuff like that.

in Michigan he found a dealer in the middle of nowhere IOWA and the Iowa dealer worked some sort of trade out with the Michigan dealer… got it for 84K.
went from making phone calls all over the country to driving it home 3 days later.
S650 Mustang Looking for advice for trying to order a gt500 when its announced in 2025 or whenever IMG_0905

OP
OP
Dory

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My bro bought a 2020 GT500 when they slashed rates and before inflation took off…

so a little bit of luck…. But… there was no “ordering” they run a lottery system… so you have to call dealers… and be SERIOUS business ready to come get it… there was no test drive or any dumb stuff like that.

in Michigan he found a dealer in the middle of nowhere IOWA and the Iowa dealer worked some sort of trade out with the Michigan dealer… got it for 84K.
went from making phone calls all over the country to driving it home 3 days later.
IMG_0905.jpeg
Is that suggesting that picking the color of paint you want is out of the question?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
If you’re trying to order it specifically the way you want, when the news about it releases, call around and find dealers near you in the program..

you need one of their allocations, you’re gonna want to pay ADM to lock in a deal seriously, you can try to lock in early 5-10K ADM and may find a cool dealer to lock in a deal with you…

but with it being a GT500 I’d expect 20 grand ADM to be the norm. Then yeah.. pick your options and color when banks open for your allocation.

definitely smart thinking about it now, you’ll end up a few years ahead.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I’d say think about talking with the parts and sales managers and then talk with the store / buyer. Parts so you get an idea regarding support and who they would talk to if they was gonna…. Then sales manager to see what the scuttle butt is and what they are being told and then the buyer to let him know what you want but by this time you should have a decent idea how much and what type of bread will need to compliment the butter.

Vaporized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F150,1970 Mach1 428cj
I was able to order my 2007 GT500 the way I wanted with the dealership near me last order allocation out of 4 that they we’re getting… had to pay a ADM on top of the sticker. Drove it for 13 years and put 67,000 miles on it. Traded the 07’ in 2020 for a loaded 2014 GT 500 in NC with 23,000 (sticked for 67,000 got it for $50,000 minus $28,000 for the 07’) . Drove the 07’ down and drove the 14’ back to Pa. With bald Perrelli Zeros in a monsoon the whole ride. Just traded that with 42,000 miles for my new 24’ GT even up just title and tags. Nice having new but it may be worth holding out for used and not get stuck with the ADM which sucks to pay…just my 2 cents…

S650 Mustang Looking for advice for trying to order a gt500 when its announced in 2025 or whenever IMG_0285

S650 Mustang Looking for advice for trying to order a gt500 when its announced in 2025 or whenever IMG_3758

OP
OP
Dory

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I talked to the dealer over the weekend and he confirmed the ADM would be 10 - 20. He said its good I came this early, but they are not allowed to take any reservations or start any wait lists until its officially announced. He did let slip that they have stated they will be making it, but nothing else. I asked if they were already spoken for and he said there is nothing yet to be spoken for so no, but he also mentioned there may be some weight for long running customers.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I talked to the dealer over the weekend and he confirmed the ADM would be 10 - 20. He said its good I came this early, but they are not allowed to take any reservations or start any wait lists until its officially announced. He did let slip that they have stated they will be making it, but nothing else. I asked if they were already spoken for and he said there is nothing yet to be spoken for so no, but he also mentioned there may be some weight for long running customers.
your salesperson is trying to pull a fast one. there is absolutely nothing about a GT500 in order guides, price lists, parts, or anywhere else

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
your salesperson is trying to pull a fast one. there is absolutely nothing about a GT500 in order guides, price lists, parts, or anywhere else
Correct. Whichever model takes the place of the Shelby / GT500 on the S650 platform is still very much in the design phase. The last information I saw had it was slated for 2026 but that information is typically secret and not shared externally or with dealers. So much can happen between now and then such as delayed or cancelled. ADM or not- stay vigilant and have a network of salespersons / dealers working for your business feeding you good information. @Dory

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos

IMG_0905.jpeg
That GT500 is totally stunning (the '24 ain't so bad either)

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
@samson
He did JLT intake, smaller griptech pulley and ID1300s/E85 tune and the damn thing runs 9.8s @ 145

it is disturbingly fast on the street… been whooping on a few local Aventadors and GT3s

they freaky part is how hard they stop, you’ll go from 60-140-60 like a damn roller coaster ride!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
@samson
He did JLT intake, smaller griptech pulley and ID1300s/E85 tune and the damn thing runs 9.8s @ 145

it is disturbingly fast on the street… been whooping on a few local Aventadors and GT3s

they freaky part is how hard they stop, you’ll go from 60-140-60 like a damn roller coaster ride!
Holy smoke! That's nuts
Sponsored