• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When do order banks open for 2025 Mustangs?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I just checked with our Master Scheduler (we produce a major component for the vast majority of all North American market Ford and Lincoln vehicles). We're not seeing any release authorizations for any 2025 MY products. Then again, we are in March, so we are pretty far out from changeover.
Sponsored

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Other than the smallest mom & pop Ford dealerships, this doesn't matter. They place dealer orders all the time in order to have product on the lot. If you were placing an order for something they'd have a hard time selling (pink w/purple polka dots and a unicorn horn on the hood), they'd likely make put a non-refundable deposit down. But for most anything else, no.

I have literally lost count the number of times I've stopped in to see my salesman, we've worked up something on the ordering system to see what it would look like, and he simply submitted it as a dealer order, even if I didn't want it. When I've ordered vehicles, I've never put a nickel down, and my orders are typically very high-end, highly optioned vehicles.
They basically told me the same thing when I put my order in. Unless it was optioned in a way that makes it extremely difficult to sell they had no problem putting in the order with no deposit required.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
They basically told me the same thing when I put my order in. Unless it was optioned in a way that makes it extremely difficult to sell they had no problem putting in the order with no deposit required.
I tell people all the time: If you're not wanting some crazy custom order but they want a non-refundable deposit, turn around and walk out the door - they are crooks, and that won't be the only time they screw you.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I'm thinking we can sort of predict the new colors by looking at what is currently offered for 2024 and deducing what they probably WON'T replace.

White is staying, obviously. So is black. Of the two shades of red, at least one will stay, as well as at least two of the three shades of blue (especially seeing has how Grabber Blue and Vapor Blue are popular). There are three silver/gray colors with Iconic Silver, Carbonized Grey, and Dark Matter Grey. I'd wager that silver and Dark Matter Grey stay, with Carbonized being a toss-up. That leaves Splash Yellow, which I have a hard time seeing remain if I'm honest.

That means these colors are more likely to be replaced:

Splash Yellow
Atlas Blue
Rapid Red
Carbonized Grey (least likely, but possible)

My guess is at least two of these for sure will be replaced, and I would bet those would be Splash Yellow and Atlas Blue. I think Rapid Red is slightly more likely to remain, but might also go. And Carbonized Grey will likely remain, or it will get replaced with another of the many shades of gray Ford has done in the past.

If you replace Splash Yellow, it's likely with orange. If Atlas Blue is gone, it's probably replaced with a limited run color for the 60th anniversary. Rapid Red would likely give way to another shade of red or a limited run 60th color.

Jimi C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger fx4 lariat 23 powerboost lariat 18 edge
I'm thinking we can sort of predict the new colors by looking at what is currently offered for 2024 and deducing what they probably WON'T replace.

White is staying, obviously. So is black. Of the two shades of red, at least one will stay, as well as at least two of the three shades of blue (especially seeing has how Grabber Blue and Vapor Blue are popular). There are three silver/gray colors with Iconic Silver, Carbonized Grey, and Dark Matter Grey. I'd wager that silver and Dark Matter Grey stay, with Carbonized being a toss-up. That leaves Splash Yellow, which I have a hard time seeing remain if I'm honest.

Splash Yellow
Atlas Blue
Rapid Red

My guess is at least two of these for sure will be replaced, and I would bet those would be Splash Yellow and Atlas Blue. I think Rapid Red is slightly more likely to remain, but might also go. And Carbonized Grey will likely remain, or it will get replaced with another of the many shades of gray Ford has done in the past.

If you replace Splash Yellow, it's likely with orange. If Atlas Blue is gone, it's probably replaced with a limited run color for the 60th anniversary. Rapid Red would likely give way to another shade of red or a limited run 60th color.
I think I will wait for 2025 myself to see if any new colors are offered. Ford needs to wake up , they are now charging extra for colors that are available on other models as well. The Mustang should have sports car colors like saleen or even aston martin not colors you see on an F150, Escape,Explorer Ect..... charge me extra for something exotic . When my parents ordered vehicles in the 1960's they offered close to 20 different colors and not painted by robots

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Regarding anniversary colors and possible throwbacks, attached are two files, for 1964 1/2 and 1965.

1964_mustang pallete.jpg

1965_mustang pallete.jpg
The Poppy Red was one of my favorites.
l had a Girl friend who had a, I think, was a 1966 Ivy Green.
Fun car to drive.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited

Splash Yellow
Atlas Blue
Rapid Red

I would think they would add some sort of Orange for the 2025 Mustang?
The Ranger has Hot Pepper. Itā€™s a great looking color but I believe they charge $495.00?
Maybe Poppy Red will come back?
I doubt Atlas Blue will be replaced. Itā€™s the only Dark Blue available. Unless they drop it & add a different shade of Dark Blue?
Like was mentioned. Ford needs some Exotic Colors for the 2025ā€™s.

Last edited:

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Is the 25 confirmed? Thought I read rumours that 24 could possibly be the last year for the V8.

sure they arenā€™t going to stop making mustangs but swear I read some thought this could be the last year for the v8 which would change everything IMO

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Is the 25 confirmed? Thought I read rumours that 24 could possibly be the last year for the V8.

sure they arenā€™t going to stop making mustangs but swear I read some thought this could be the last year for the v8 which would change everything IMO
You read a rumor. Fortunately there is nothing to it. Our V8 Mustangs are safe for the foreseeable future.

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I understood that the so-called "2024 Mustang" will be the last generation Mustang with V8, not last model year produced.
Like the 2015 Mustang was produced until 2023 (with a facelift from MY 2018).

So my guess would be a production run of maybe another 5-6 years, maybe ending 2030.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
You read a rumor. Fortunately there is nothing to it. Our V8 Mustangs are safe for the foreseeable future.
Maybe the last ā€˜genā€™ for the stand alone v8 but seriously doubt the 8 is going away anytime too soon.