• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When do order banks open for 2025 Mustangs?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Just curious if anyone has heard, or anyone can make a good estimate on when order banks might open for 2025 Mustangs? I may need to delay my order due to a house sale & move.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Traditionally in the US, the Model Year (MY) rolls in the Fall, September/October timeframe, with order banks opening then. Last year was kind of weird, with an abbreviated 23MY and an advanced 24MY. This year, 2024, things should re-sync and return to the typical cycle. I have only history, and no advanced notice or insight when the actual MY will change.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I'm curious to see what colors will be added next year along with the anniversary edition. Betting that they only make 1,965 anniversary edition Mustangs. Regardless, I'm happy with my '24 and if you can swing it this year I'd recommend getting one. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Definitely no buyers remorse from me! Good luck!

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traditionally in the US, the Model Year (MY) rolls in the Fall, September/October timeframe, with order banks opening then. Last year was kind of weird, with an abbreviated 23MY and an advanced 24MY. This year, 2024, things should re-sync and return to the typical cycle. I have only history, and no advanced notice or insight when the actual MY will change.
So when you say Sept/Oct you are saying that's when production switches over from '24 to '25 models right? So I assume order banks would open in the summer then?

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious to see what colors will be added next year along with the anniversary edition. Betting that they only make 1,965 anniversary edition Mustangs. Regardless, I'm happy with my '24 and if you can swing it this year I'd recommend getting one. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Definitely no buyers remorse from me! Good luck!
I actually have an order in for a '24 currently. The issue is we have decided to sell our house this spring and I'm thinking that's not a good time to be messing with a new car and payments. Might be easier to wait until after we move and get settled. I also have generally shied away from ordering first year models as a rule.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Regarding anniversary colors and possible throwbacks, attached are two files, for 1964 1/2 and 1965.

S650 Mustang When do order banks open for 2025 Mustangs? 1964_mustang pallete

S650 Mustang When do order banks open for 2025 Mustangs? 1965_mustang pallete

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
So when you say Sept/Oct you are saying that's when production switches over from '24 to '25 models right? So I assume order banks would open in the summer then?
I looked back at a few recent MYs.

Both 1) MY changes happen and 2) order banks open in the Fall. October, let's say. Production starts as soon as November of that year and as late as January in the next. My personal experience in late 2021 and into 2022 followed this format.

Edit: with everything that was going on in late 2021 and early 2022, I waited until January 2022 to place an order. New MY, Holidays and all that. It also gave Ford and everyone involved to transition into the new 2022 model.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I actually have an order in for a '24 currently.
I can appreciate hesitating on a purchase now, with what you described. If you have made up your mind, consider cancelling your current order, with the suggestion to them you'll buy a 2025.

The dealer will have a car on the lot he didn't anticipate, with options or color which might be a hard sell. Further, having a car arrive and then not purchasing, they might not want to take your business in the future.

YMMV.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can appreciate hesitating on a purchase now, with what you described. If you have made up your mind, consider cancelling your current order, with the suggestion to them you'll buy a 2025.

The dealer will have a car on the lot he didn't anticipate, with options or color which might be a hard sell. Further, having a car arrive and then not purchasing, they might not want to take your business in the future.

YMMV.
That's basically what I did. Just said I'm telling you in advance so you don't get stuck with a car that you may have a hard time selling. No response yet. Something tells me they will leave the order in, invite me down to take a look at it, and the pressure will get to me and I'll wind up buying it. They know how this works LOL.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
2024 is an extended model year, i remember hearing my sales manager say 18 months or so

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I've heard that Yellow Splash will not be available on the '25 MY. Perhaps an Orange will replace Yellow Splash? I can see some demand for Orange on the S650.

I can see maybe another color being swapped out but not sure which. I would like to see Mischevious Purple or a dark green similar to BMW's. Thoughts?

I know for the 2015 Mustang, it had Wimbledon White and Kona Blue as Anniversary colors with a lot of exterior chrome trim. I would be surprised if they do the exterior chrome trim this time around because it would clash with a lot of the S650 GT's black accents.

I believe EVERY 2015 Mustang had a "Mustang 50 Years" logo on the passenger dash, rather than the regular "Mustang" seen on the passenger side. Perhaps we will see a "Mustang 60 Years" sign on the passenger dash '25 MY.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Regarding anniversary colors and possible throwbacks, attached are two files, for 1964 1/2 and 1965.

1964_mustang pallete.jpg

1965_mustang pallete.jpg
Lots of beautiful colors for them to bring back. Loving the dark blues and greens. Those yellows won't fly on the S650, IMO. The soft yellow is purely a gen 1 look that would look out of place in 2025, but it is great on a '65 coupe. Thank you for sharing!

fordvideoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2020 F-150
Just curious if anyone has heard, or anyone can make a good estimate on when order banks might open for 2025 Mustangs? I may need to delay my order due to a house sale & move.
Production goes through December 2024 so probably the order banks will open up in October.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've heard that Yellow Splash will not be available on the '25 MY. Perhaps an Orange will replace Yellow Splash? I can see some demand for Orange on the S650.
I would really like to see competition orange on the 25 as I think it would look great with the NPP!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Other than the smallest mom & pop Ford dealerships, this doesn't matter. They place dealer orders all the time in order to have product on the lot. If you were placing an order for something they'd have a hard time selling (pink w/purple polka dots and a unicorn horn on the hood), they'd likely make put a non-refundable deposit down. But for most anything else, no.

I have literally lost count the number of times I've stopped in to see my salesman, we've worked up something on the ordering system to see what it would look like, and he simply submitted it as a dealer order, even if I didn't want it. When I've ordered vehicles, I've never put a nickel down, and my orders are typically very high-end, highly optioned vehicles.
Sponsored